Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

Just Me

Let's hope that she means it! I know that people have addictions and at least she has the means to seek treatment in one of the best facilities that there is for that!

tba

Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"......DUH!

Carol

Trying to make herself look good after she already lied HOW MANY TIMES about the cocaine not being hers. SEND HER TO PRISON.

Elke

Such a canned response, sounds exactly like what Nicole Ritchie said. Do they have the same publicist?

I hope that she is sincere and is truly getting the help she needs.

Jesse Alvarado

Hey, Lindsey -- GOT X????

Land Shark

Yeah, right. We're supposed to believe she wrote that herself, huh? Nobody recovers in rehab. That's detox. Recovery has to happen at home, and she starts partying the second she gets out. She'll die.

palmbeachbroker

This dumb slut had it all-and shes throws it away like all of the other irresponsible bimbos out there in fantasy land. If this happened to any normal person it would be game over. This idiot should just OD and put us out of the misery of watching this sickening spectacle. Thank god i have areal life.

sarah

She will be back out there soon enough lying to us "the little people" soon enough with a water bottle filled with vodka and not her coke in her pants pocket lets NOT forget she did not choose to go to rehab but was forced to go her "people" were trying to protect their little cash cow and get her a free get outta jail card. It worked this stupid C&^t is probally laughing her ass off how she played everyone for a fool AGAIN. I am not buying it.

Jenni

Riiiiight....just like Paris was "frankly tired of the party scene"...All she is trying to do is damage control because she knows here career is on the brink of a complete collapse. Give it time, and she'll be right back to that powder!

Tina

A lot of negative comments are being posted by most of you posting your blogs. Unitl you walk in that person's shoes don't be so cruel and right away think the worst of someone. Drugs are a serious problem in our society regardless of status. Rich, poor, famous, ect, drugs do take a toll on people's lives. Cocaine and other drugs are very powerful and can become very addicting. Words are also very powerful and you should choose them carefuly when you express yourself about someone. What if it was you with the addiction? Think about it. Things are just not the way they use to be. The world has changed.... Because we the people have changed.

anniebee

God Lindsay, people are totally turning on you EVEN in rehab. Your nurses, counselors, cooks, fellow patients. You need to keep your yap shut and don't talk to anyone or be bringing men to your room or for walks. Totally obvious.
Also the pills behind the loo are already infamous. That's why we count how many times you go pee.. Cut the crap. Your a dead woman walking. Look in your eyes. Nothing. DEAD.

twizler

white justice, how obvoius let any person of color be caught with coke twice! drunk driving 2x in less than a month,

Vote this douche out of office

This was written (by someone who's last name isn't Lohan) in order to try and soothe some of the pissed off people who learned this chick isn't going to jail for any substantial amount of time. She knows there is gonna be a HUGE backlask of people pissed off and hating her, so she's trying to sound contrite and apologetic.

LISA

I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HER MOMMA IS THINKING AND SAYING NOW... I MEAN IT WAS ONLY A FEW YEARS AGO THAT SHE SAID IT WAS OK FOR HER DAUGHTER TO BE OUT PARTYING EVEN IF SHE WAS UNDERAGE... WHAT A DISCRACE!

Heather Miller

Very well spoken - not like her famous emails. I am sure the lawyer wrote it up. I hope she goes through with it - or her career is over!