Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

flo

LYING COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHE IS ADDICTED TO MEDIA ATTENTION

Sillyme

Hah! Drew is still sucking her herb cigs and doing her other druggy things.. Ask Cameron..

Paris Hilton

Well honey, at least they didn't' delist your StarBond over at HSX.com. Keep the faith!

cottonmouth_texas

Who is Lindsay Lohan?

Yikes-A-Hooty

No S*H*I*T, b*tch. We never could ahve figured THAT one out. Go to HELL, Lindsay.

holden

I have more respect for her, now. Lindsay's mom and dad remind me of the parents on the Dr. Phil rerun today. Poor girl

gossip fan

That's a very nice comment that her publicist wrote for her to say. She's not one bit sorry. In fact, I believe she's laughing it up for not being charged with any felonies and having to go to prison where she belongs. I wonder what excuse she'll come up with the next time she's arrested for DUI and having drugs in her pocket that dont belong to her? She makes me sick and I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. What about that ankle bracelet she wore to prove she wasn't drinking anymore. Apparently that didn't stop her. Not paying a price for what she's done isn't going to stop her either. I don't think it'll be long before she messes up again, hopefully noone will be killed in the meantime.

kath

If that doesn't sound like a statement that was made up by her "people" than I don't know what does!! When someone's serious about rehab they don't book an OK!
photo shoot of them at the facility!! Mark my words this girl will be in trouble again!!

Uuummm

Uuuummmm.... She only pleaded guilty to SOME of the charges. Not ALL of the charges. Convenient, huh....

Whatever.... I hope she is sincere...but I doubt it. Only time will tell...

Good luck, Lindsay.

leila moore

I had been there it is not easy; all the people think that alcoholics and drug addicts do the things on purpose. It is really difficult to control that kind of disease. Hopefully she can rehab completely. I did and I know it feels the best once you get to d-tox your body from all that crap. Hang in there Linds you'll make it. I'll pray for you

sarah

So lets see Lindsay will not be seen in the club scene anymore she will be sitting home kniting and going to AA meeting YEAH F^&*(%G RIGHT

leelu

I bet she didn't even write it herself and her puclicist thought it would be a good *stunt* to get fans back on side and her career back on track. You heard what she said when she was driving that car "I can't get in trouble, I'm a celebrity". How true, how sad.

run away!

I think she's lying through her teeth. In a few weeks, we'll hear more drama about her partying at clubs and messing herself up again. Look at Paris Hilton's little act on Larry King and how she reverted to her spoiled princess attitude afterwards. It's all the same with these people.....

Your Momma

Sounds a little bit too carefully worded to be the writing abilities of Ms. Lohan herself. I smell the ink of a publicist's pen all over this one. Forget about pudding...action (not words) will be the proof of how sorry she is.

Momof3

So wait, she is only going to serve 1 day in prison? Does this mean she can turn herself in at 10:45pm and get credit for the whole day?