Lindsay: "I Am Addicted to Alcohol and Drugs"

8/23/2007 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan issued the following statement to TMZ:

"It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs.

Recently, I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law, and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case. No matter what I said when I was under the influence on the day I was arrested, I am not blaming anyone else for my conduct other than myself. I thank God I did not injure others. I easily could have.

I very much want to be healthy and gain control of my life and career and have asked for medical help in doing so. I am taking these steps to improve my life. Luckily, I am not alone in my daily struggle and I know that people like me have succeeded. Maybe with time it will become easier. I hope so."

kristin

are you kidding me?? someone as stupid as lindsay cannot pull off writing something as eloquent as that! what a joke, a true disgrace to the human race.

carol

Liar, Liar your nose is on fire!

CAH

Yeah, that "statement" is as sincere as the BS we heard when she lost all that weight. "I'm 19. I grew up. I lost a lot of weight because I grew up". Ummm yeahhhh, you grew up and found Coke. Hobag Lohan.

Yikes-A-Hooty

HEY #46 - Kelly!!!

Don't speak for me, skank. I do not stand by Lindsay Lohan. You wanna worship a loser, you go ahead. She's had enough chances. Let it go, her career is over.

gossip fan

Just left quite a nasty letter to the DA in Los Angeles. I live in CA and am tired of seeing celebrity after celebrity get away with breaking the law like they were jay walking or something. Being caught with cocain two times is nothing to sneeze at. I give up on any famous person ever having to suffer the same consequences as a regular citizen who is arrested for the same offense.

USHER LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER

BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH
BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOBOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCH BOYCOTT FIRECROTCHYCOTT FIRECROTCH

anniebee

HOW LONG DO WE GIVE HER BEFORE SHE IS IN JAIL OR DEAD? OR REHAB? I AM GOING TO KEEP TRACK!! LET'S SEE WHO WINS!

Erika

Isn't that the same little diddy that Nicole and Paris gave, when each of them were sentenced? Good luck Lindsay. But it'll take a while for anyone to fully buy it.

My Main Martyrdom

That statement was drafted by her lawyer or publicist--not sincere and I wouldn't believe her if she was making a statement from the podium--she is actresses...would you believe a crook with a rap sheet a mile long? Remember all the lies Hilton told on the Larry King Show?

anniebee

This is the funniest skit ever of Lindsay.
Check it out. I almost peed my pants.

Rocky

Good thing she is quoting from the Big Book (the AA Bible), which I'm sure she has yet to read, but has conveniently had highlighted by her publicist. More than likely the same copy that she used as a prop in her latest in rehab photo shoot. What a douche bag.

Kim

City Attorney's Rocky Delgadio, Phone Number...to complain directly....213-974-3511 or 213-978-8100. unbelievable

Old School

She maybe would have had a chance if she did some time on these DUI's and maybe would have waken up to her insainity while locked up NOW she's just a sudicide waiting to happpen.

Jane M.

That is absolute b*llsh*t why dot they go crucify her like Paris Hilton....good job going through all of that to make an example and Ritchie and Lohan get off with minor sentences...Lohan's bein the least amount to serve or be correctly punished in jail and had the worst offense. This is unreal that these stupid ass judges would either believe that goin to rehab wil make it all better or are taking money under the table and letting these skanky, trashy little girls run fre when they could have seriousy hurt or killed somone....but ya know even if they kill someone I guess 90 days in jail would the trick!

south philly girl

Who are these douches that vote 'yes' for the is she sincere question? I mean, seriously, you dweebs really don't know that her lawyer or PR person wrote that? Yeah, right, remember just a few months ago the girl couldn't even spell 'adequate' correctly!! Looks like Lindsay's not the only moron in America.