Alleged Wife-Thumping Bishop Surrenders

8/24/2007 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Atlanta bishop who allegedly gave his wife, fiery evangelist Juanita Bynum, an almighty beatdown in a hotel parking lot has turned himself into cops. Good heavens!

Thomas W. Weeks was formally charged with felony aggravated assault and "making terrorist threats," according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, but made no comment on his way into Fulton County Jail. A hearing is scheduled for 11:00 AM at the jail.

According to the police report, Bynum said that Weeks "choked her, pushed her down, kicked and stomped her," and "continued stomping" her into the ground. He also threatened to kill his estranged wife.

Bynum posted a comment on her MySpace page: "I am currently recovering from all of my injuries and resting well ... this too shall pass."

Big Bear

What does this story have to do with paris hilton?? She has never been to church and deserves to be beaten.

Mz. KoKo

"All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." No one is better than anyone else. But if I were you I would just pray for the both of them, because you cant judge anyone unless you want God to judge you. (yes it's in the Bible). All we can do as believers of God is PRAY for God's will to be done. (and pray for those who dont believe in God).

Michelle

Who are we kidding?!?!?!??!? For Thomas Weeks to have beaten her that way, more than likely, he's probably done it before. Why do you think they met at a public place? :-) I am a Christian and a woman and I am not surprised that something like this finally happened. We serve a just God and He would want the law obeyed down here on earth. I don't care if it is a Bishop, Pastor, Doctor or a lawyer, you must obey the law!! Putting your hands on someone is considered assault in my book and this man acted with malicious intent. The best thing that could have ever happened for Dr. Bynum is to have had this man exposed for the imposter he is. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing that talks the talk, but is not walking the walk.

Bishop Thomas Weeks should have been charged with ATTEMPTED MURDER. If he was saying to her, "I'll kill you, I'll kill you and then proceeded to mercilessly stomp her and kick her and punch her lights out, HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER!!!!

I'm sick of these money hungry preachers who are making a mockery of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I'm so ashamed for the poor examples leadership has shown with their loose living and greed.....now this. I pray that the big time preachers stand publicly and denounce what this man has done, yet pray and guide him to be reconciled to the Lord.

So many people have been hurt by this. So many people are wounded by this. So many people will not come to the Lord because of this. So....many....people. Repent and sit down fromt he pulpit, Bishop Weeks.

mississippi

Many of you are just plain stupid. How many of you attend church? It doesnt matter what she or he spend their money on, its their business. It is God's choice on who's blessed and whose not. Don't be so jealous. It's not right for a man to abuse anyone, just like it's not right for a woman to abuse anyone. But, it happened. It is up to us (christians) to pray for our brother and sister. Pray that things can be resolved. Sit, ask yourself, What Would I Do IF It Was Me? You would not want people to scrutinize you. It's amazing how we can gossip about the bad, but cant gossip about the things GOD is doing for all of us. It's time to take a stand and bend down to help those who need help and stop pushing them further down. While you are talking, what if it was your mom who was beaten, would you want negative gossip to be out. What if it was your mom spreading great joy to all, banking money , buying what she wants in life, would you want people to talk negative. The answer is no. You are just as guilty as he is. Your wrong is no better than his. Whatever the case may be, when we all were born our life is prewritten, we are given chances to not make mistakes, but we are human and there's only one perfect one, so therefore sometimes we are placed in tribulations that we sometimes seem so overbearing but as long as we believe in God, He will not put no more on us than we can bear. Stop sending Negative email, and remember it could have been your mother, sister, grandmother or friendgirl.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

Job 36:15 (English Standard Version)

15 He delivers the afflicted BY their affliction and opens their ear by adversity.

MIKE F

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING MRS BYNUM FOR MANY OF YEARS NOW AND FOR THE LAST YEAR I HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE WAS SOMETHING THAT JUST WAS NOT RIGHT WITH HER, MRS BYNUM HAS HAD A SAD EXSPESSION ON HER FACE FOR A FEW MONTHS. BEFORE I NOTICED THE CHANGE ON HER FACE MRS BYNUM ALWAYS HAD A GLOWING SMILIMG FACE, I FELT IN MY HEART THAT SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH MRS BYNUM. THE GLOW HAS BEEN GONE FROM HER FACE FOR AWHILE AND HER BEAUTIFUL SMILE HAS DIMINISHED WE AS BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN GOD WE NEED TO LIFT MRS BYNUM AND MR WEAKS UP TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND ASK GOD TO FIX THE PROBLEMS IN THESE TWO LIFES!

Desease control

These false teachers would have been taken out and stoned in the old days.

dino

Some people bring physical abuse on to themselves. No one deservse it abuse, but if you been in enough domestic abuse you would think you would be able to see the signs that something about to take place. She has been in alot of domestic abuse in previous relationship' by her own admission. In each incident she is the common dinominator. Maybe she needs to check herself & watch ahat she says when the're in HEATED FELLOWSHIP. -Dino-

TROLL SMASHERS

I'm ready to lift them up in prayer as soon as I receive that check!

Yes, you can make that out to:
Princess The Ruler Ministries or Cash.

kasondra hughlett

i think we should just pray for both of them.

Marietta

This is a wake up call for the Body of Christ. Our heart aches for these Pastors and we pray God will restore there marriage .. The days. of mega conferences has been over for a long , long time. People need to pray and be led by the spirit of God, attend a good local church and support that church thru there prayers , work , talent and tithe to build good churches to impact our cities instead of running around the country treating these Pastors as celebritiesand movie stars. Its good to love an honor the Pastors and etc but not make them our God or Idols,they will fall every time when this happens , they should not let people see them above or equal to God.We need to read our word , pray fast and love God. Yes Gods spirit uses Pastors and the five fold ministry but not for us to see there greatness but the greatness of God thru them pointing people to Jesus..,

caramelnmocha

juanita is not my role model. Jesus is my role model. God is just exposing the hidden things, you people better wake up and realize that no human is perfect, and because God uses a person doesnt make them "RIGHT". 1st Women do not belong on the Front Line! if that was the case he would have made us first and not Adam. ( Read your Bible's) On the front line is fighting and we see how that is manfested from the spirit to the natural. 2nd A Bishop is to be of "NO Reproach" pushing, choking, kicking, and stomping sounds like reproach to me! I am not judging anyone, but I see the writing on the wall. You people who keep your eyes on people and Not GOD are in for a long ride. This is not the first mockery and it will not be the last. Every high thing will be brought low. If you are too high and mighty to keep and humble spirit, God will make you humble. You will either Cry now or Cry later.

Desease control

For they are such Serve not our Lord Jesus Christ,
But, thier own belly:
and ,by good words, and
fair speechs deceive
the hearts of the simple

Romans 16:18

;

lovelyd

Juanita calls herself a "Prophetess" Why didn't she see this beat down coming?
It is just sad that we have these people like Bynum, Jakes, Dollar, Jan & Paul Crouch etc... exploiting millions of those who are in need of a spiritual connection. I know God says to put no faith in man but you would think that a spiritual leader a person who claims to be called and anointed of God would be able to be led by the Holy Spirit and keep your dirty laundry behind closed doors. I DON'T WANNA SEE "NO MORE SHEETS"

Signed, Lovely in the STL

"Touch not my annoited"

This is a tragedy not only to Bishop and to Evangalist Bynum, but most important it is a tragedy to the Church. This is bigger than Juanita and Bishop, the devil dont care who he uses to destroy the church. The devil purpose to take down the kingdom of God. Now is not the time to point fingers or feel sorry for them. The time has come for the saints to turn down their plates , get on their knees and seek the face of God. The attack was not intended for juanita, the attack was attended for the CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST as a whole, Juanita was the earthy vessel that God has to use to wake the church up. The bible say " Touch not my anoitting" for those of you who are putting your mouth on the women of god, be careful God knows, sees and HEARS all things. As Juanita has stated " This to shall pass" and it will, because GOD IS IN CONTROL