« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Suspends Vick

8/24/2007 6:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell notified Michael Vick today that he is indefinitely suspended without pay from the National Football League, effective immediately.

Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell's letter Vick:

Your admitted conduct was not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible. Your team, the NFL, and NFL fans have all been hurt by your actions.

Your plea agreement and the plea agreements of your co-defendants also demonstrate your significant involvement in illegal gambling. Even if you personally did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences in derogation of one of the most fundamental responsibilities of an NFL player. You have engaged in conduct detrimental to the welfare of the NFL and have violated the league's Personal Conduct Policy.

I will review the status of your suspension following the conclusion of the legal proceedings. As part of that review, I will take into account a number of factors, including the resolution of any other charges that may be brought against you, whether in Surry County, Virginia, or other jurisdictions, your conduct going forward, the specifics of the sentence imposed by Judge Hudson and any related findings he might make, and the extent to which you are truthful and cooperative with law enforcement and league staff who are investigating these matters.

I have advised the Falcons that, with my decision today, they are no longer prohibited from acting and are now free to assert any claims or remedies available to them under the Collective Bargaining Agreement or your NFL Player Contract.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TalkTheTalk

Oh, my god, my sincerest apologies. The post is for #61. I got the numbers wrong. Please accept my apologies. I appreciate your post.

TalkTheTalk

To NUMBER #61

Please see my post that mis-addressed to someone else -- it was meant for you -- post #74. Read and heed, you deluded loon.

Hustla

I bet if he was a white person he would have gotten off easy always blaming the blackman okay he did it well people should go 2 jail 4 hitting dogs wit cars den either way u killing them aint like he killed a person

EDDY MOSES

IVE ALWAYS THOUGHTMICHAEL WAS MUCH LIKE HIS BROTHER THEY WERE IN TROUBLE AS KIDS AND THE TROUBLE GREW WITH THEM IN COLLEGE TO THE PROS I THINK HE SHOULD BE BANISHED FROM PLAYING IN THE NFL AND THE 12 TO 18 MONTHS IS WELL DESERVED BUT WAY TO SHORT FOR THE PAIN HE CAUSED NOT ONLY TO HIS FAMILY BUT TEAMMATES AND THE DEFENSLESS DOGS HE USED AS TOYS FOR HIS PLEASURE

Sues

Knowing how Oprah Winfrey likes to point out the flaws of white people by bringing them on her show and demeaning them in front of her millions of viewers and then showcasing black people for only their good qualities, I wonder if she would ever have Vick on her show to talk about this whole debacle. I further wonder this because she is supposedly a dog lover. I mean she never had OJ on her show. Or did she?

And please don't go calling me a racist - that is soooo old already. I'm just posting my opinion which is why this board is here. This is America, right? We still have the first amendment, right? For now anyway.

TalkTheTalk

Hey 79 -

When was the last time the cow that became your steak was beaten repeatedly, starved, caged, forced to fight, then was beaten and burned to death? It's not a fair comparison you're making, you moron. Slaughterhouses are far from humane, but it's still nothing remotely like what these dogs went through. You're really, really a frightening dumbass. You have the IQ of your steak.

+DJ FunkyGrrL+

Hypocrisy and overreaction, from the NFL commisioner, you would think he would wait until Vick is actually sentenced. Plea agreements are not guaranteed until the defendent pleads in front of a judge, and the judge can still reject the agreement. Jesus Christ!!!

Larstarks

.......Yeah ok........... well now when are studios gonna STOP hiring Lindsay Lohan............ le t me see. .. you get arrested for a DUI not once but twice... and get caught with illegal drugs.. damn near kill people ....hmmm..............I know Vick was wrong, and deserves to pay.. but what happened to "equal justice" . Lohan should not be allowed to act anymore... period.

Abby

I do not believe he should have lost his job over something that has nothing to do with being on the field. He is an awesome quaterback and I am sad to see him go.

Willy

Al Sharpton is in conference with his Finacial advisers As to How much money Al can Make off this one

skylar

No worries to the poster I blasted for a misdirected post. I'm sorry if I overreacted.

legittoquit

Hasta luego! I hope you have a cellmate that finds you VERY attractive.

JANDO

Indefinately is not enough...suspension should have been permanent like the harm he did to all those dogs....

LasVegasVic

Oh " hustla " # 95 - playing the race card ...there's always one in the bunch .
Cheezeit's Christ , get a life.

LasVegasVic

Love you # 91 , well written , excellent !!