Nicole

'Surprised' by Her 82 Minutes of Jail

8/24/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_nicole_richie_happy_fm_ex-1Sources tell TMZ that Nicole Richie was "surprised" by the short amount of time she had to serve at Lynwood -- and she apparently had a pretty good stint in the clink, all things considered.

We're told that the tiny ex-con found the Sheriff's Department "extremely professional" and "cooperative" and she "appreciated their efficiency." Eighty-two minutes -- that's efficient!

Nicole's lawyer, Shawn Chapman-Holley, tells TMZ that Nicole was "prepared to do the full four-day sentence" -- but after being held in a cell in the booking area of the jail, she got her walking papers and strutted right back home.

tracey

Good one Johnny SoCal!!!

God

The next time either of these bitches drive drunk....I HOPE THAT DA DANETT MYERS IS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR CARS. THIS DA KISSED ASS BIG TIME!!!!!!

Elaine

Nicole is a sweetheart. She deserved better treatment than you haters on this blog. Eat your hearts out losers.

QE2

I think the bigger issue here is that many, many people, not just those in LA or celebrities, don't serve any time jail for multiple DUIs. I live in a state where jail time is "mandatory" for a second DUI, let alone more that two, and it's a joke.

From what I see, the real key is to have a good lawyer. I could cite many examples, but I know of one woman who was arrested for DUI four times and was totally smashed all four times. She was never given a jail sentence-ever. Another guy i met fianlly served a relatively short jail term of 90 days due to his 9th DUI. He even had a license!

This stuff happens all the time, and the only time anyone is appalled by it is when one of these repete offenders kill or maim somebody and the local media reports the guy with 10 DUIs plowing into somebody's living room with his car.

I think the truth is that jail time is served by those who cannot afford a good lawyer, usually about a $10-$12,000 deal. I think there lies the "two-tiered" justice system.

Dr. M

Now THAT'S efficient !

Some1 tipped Nicole off as to the conditions at Lynwood that day -

That's why she hurried in -

She KNEW they were "over-booked" -

Peace
Dr. M
MM

hotpatrol

There is something about the waif that makes me like her....
I hope she lives happily ever after.

mickey

remember, paris also asked to be held separately from the public population - that is where the crowding issue is - if she had not been separated, she would have been in and out too, trust me. Nicole didn't make an issue of having her own cell, therefore, the overcrowding issue applied to her...

Synisjen

You know that girl was Lucky, Lucky, Lucky! I know it. Got charged w/a dui 1st on a 3rd. Just stay quiet and offer nothing.

sassy

of course shes gonna act surprised!!!

shes knows how the media feels about this JAIL stuff so she just wants to make herself look good.

AND GET RID OF THOSE UGLY GLASSES!!! THEY ARE HORRIBLE.

805_bombshell

There is something I like about this girl. I believe she's Going to be a great Mom.

sassy

WHO ARE YOU CALLING LOSERS?!?!?!

THIS GIRL DRIVES THE WRONG WAY DOWN A BUSY HIGHWAY AND YOU CALL US LOSERS!!?!!

TO FUNNY!

Kate

You know, I was suprised to see the sky is blue and the 101 freeway is packed...give me a freakin' break. You live a life of privaledge and indulgence with no consequence and you are suprised when you go home in minutes when if Joe average had the same record he would be in jail for weeks awaiting trial. These girls are really deluded. Come to think of it, I'm sure she was suprised...suprised she had ANY jail time at all.

Hal

Why am I not at all surprised. What will officials do when she or one of those other "celebs" drives under the "influence" and KILLS some law-abiding citizen(s)? That kid she's pg with will be born with fetal alcohol syndrome--maybe she'll see the light then! Come on Karma!

SPEH

Nicole only did 82 minutes because she chose to go to LA County Jail where it's ALWAYS crowded. I did a 90 day sentence in 2 days there. Paris chose to go to the other facility because she thought it would be nicer. Well it was, but less crowded too.

momofcnmc

I have been reading all the media reports about this for about the last 24 hours. I am speechless. What kind of message is this sending to the young people who look at the celebs as "awesome"? I am in no way a "liberal" and think all is well with life and you should have the mindset of "whatever". REALLY??!! An everyday common person would have been thrown into jail until his hearing was put before the court and then given a MUCH HEAVIER sentence. We are not stupid...money talks.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments