Nicole

'Surprised' by Her 82 Minutes of Jail

8/24/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_nicole_richie_happy_fm_ex-1Sources tell TMZ that Nicole Richie was "surprised" by the short amount of time she had to serve at Lynwood -- and she apparently had a pretty good stint in the clink, all things considered.

We're told that the tiny ex-con found the Sheriff's Department "extremely professional" and "cooperative" and she "appreciated their efficiency." Eighty-two minutes -- that's efficient!

Nicole's lawyer, Shawn Chapman-Holley, tells TMZ that Nicole was "prepared to do the full four-day sentence" -- but after being held in a cell in the booking area of the jail, she got her walking papers and strutted right back home.

lin

Damn! She didn't even stay long enough to fart and smell it!

When my Cat >^..^< speaks people listen

Grace E.

Come on TMZ is Fidel Castro dead? Enough about yet another pregnant woman with the baby of a guy in a band and who has been released early from jail due to overcrowding in Hollywood This story line is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake up TMZ ! What is happening in Miami right now? This is really exciting and important for every one in the world. Even if it is a haux, orchestrated to get ratings it is still causing a serious buzz.

DR.REY

SHE'll be back!

Lizzi

Ms Magoo!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've waited longer at the DMV too!!

Jake

Don't ever change, Nicole.

You're brilliant, pure brilliant.

sassy

just like someone else said on here.......
if jails are so over crowed then throw these girls in with other jail mates!

WTH?!?!?!
some of these girls have more then one cell mate but Parish had to get her OWN cell!

enough of this!!

pete

GEEZ...cut nicole some slack! she turned herself in with the intention of serving her time. we don't know what happened behind the scences. why are you all so quick to judge? as if she has personally wronged you!?

Lillianne

yeah, drunk driving is not that big a deal in California.

Lillianne

yeah, cut her some slack, it's not like she hit anybody or anything

Lillianne

why is everyone so mean? She's having a baby and she's cute. I'm sure she'll never do it again.

zzzmess

What a difference money makes. All us poor slugs writing and reading about the rich and famous. Nicole you go girl! If I drove the wrong way on the freeway; and didn't kill anyone; and didn't injure anyone; and wasn't high like Nicole; but broke as hell like I am. And my excuse isn't that I was a little high but that I just lost my way and entered the wrong ramp they'd put me in jail for at least a year.

I'm sure of it. My public defender probably wouldn't even try to defend me. My public defender would tell me to take the year because if you don't they might give you 10 years for driving while poor.

What a country. America really is wonderful if you're rich and famous. But if you're poor and broke WATCH OUT!!!! AND MOST OF ALL DON'T FORGET DRINKING, DRUGGING, AND DRIVING IS ILLEGAL.

zzzmess

I keep hearing Nicole and Paris referred to as girls. I use the word sometime myself. But we need to get this clear. Nicole Richie is a full grown woman. She is 25 years old. She is not a high schooler. So what her parents are or are not is irrelevant. Because Nicole Richie is also a millionaire. Paris Hilton is a full grown woman. She is 26 years old. As for her parents contributing to her foolishness I don't really know. I only know that Paris is absolutely responsible for herself. She lives on her own. Did you see the big multi-million dollar mansion she recently sold? And she like Nicole is a millionaire. So as for being girls, yeah if that just refers to them being female. Why we have the need to make children out adults I don't know. Maybe it started with the Mendez brothers. If any of you remember that. When they went to trial for shotguning their parents their lawyers refered to them as boys and dressed them in collegiate clothing although they were full grown men. Maybe we love fantasy so much we just don't get it. When Nicole and Paris and Brtiney turn 30 and are still flopping around drinking, drugging, and flashing their underwear are we still going to be referring to them as girls. Meaning little girls. Same goes for Lindsey Lohan while she is 21 this woman has been out here in the streets trolling so long that thinking that she is a little girl is ludicrous.

tammie

I have a idea...Why don't you haters chill out and give the girl a break. Motherhood will do wonders for Nicole. She only had four days to do so whats the big deal that she got out early? Yes, someone could have been hurt but no one was. I wish the best for her, Joel and their baby.

Kait

Did the judge make her wear those glasses as an alternative form of punishment? 'Cause they're pretty embarrassing....

Pocahontas

LEGAL HUNTING IS WORST THAN DOGFIGHTING HYPOCRITES !!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments