Nicole

'Surprised' by Her 82 Minutes of Jail

8/24/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0824_nicole_richie_happy_fm_ex-1Sources tell TMZ that Nicole Richie was "surprised" by the short amount of time she had to serve at Lynwood -- and she apparently had a pretty good stint in the clink, all things considered.

We're told that the tiny ex-con found the Sheriff's Department "extremely professional" and "cooperative" and she "appreciated their efficiency." Eighty-two minutes -- that's efficient!

Nicole's lawyer, Shawn Chapman-Holley, tells TMZ that Nicole was "prepared to do the full four-day sentence" -- but after being held in a cell in the booking area of the jail, she got her walking papers and strutted right back home.

Amy Silverman

What a tool this bitch is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Silverman

Paging Miss Maggo-those glasses are just stupid, looks like something Mr Maggo or Posh Throw up would wear!!!

Catsy2

Nicole and Lindsey did not receive enough jail time. Now that they are both on probation, let's see what happens. If they violate their probation the way Paris did? It's jail time for sure -- especially, for Lindsey! If Paris hadn't violated her probation they way she did, been late to court, lied and tried to assign the blame to someone else, I'm not sure she would have gotten those 23 days.

RP

Let's hope the judge overturns this and sends her back to jail!

JUST THE FACTS

I AM SICK OF NICOLE RICHIE AND WILL NOT READ ABOUT HER DRUG PROBLEMS, HER PREGNANCY AND HER NEWLY REFORMED LIFE. SHE IS A TROUBLED KID WHO, UNFORTUNATELY, HAS RECEIVED ATTENTION THAT SHE IS NOT WORTHY OF.

Big Bear

Why did the county make her ruin part of a day with the jail crapola?? She paid the sheriff the money so why the wasted 82 minutes??

dajal52

MY, my, when someone without money commits a crime you are locked up for almost a year or more of your life. I really thought the law was suppose to be fair. But that's a JOKE for the rich. Only for the less fortunate people because we have to suffer for mostly all we get including a job that pays a tiny bit of money. Put these little rich girls out on a job making the minimum pay without being able to touch that money they have. Let them see what it is like to work an 8-5 job and buy things with $5.15 an hour. See how your lights,water,gas and grocery get done.

Grace E.

51. Just shows you being white in America you can do almost anything! and not even get a slap on the wrist! im not surprised at all im shocked she had to do ANY time! we as blacks KNOW JUSTICE is Blind when it comes to WHITE america! facts are facts WERE LOOKIN!!!

Posted at 7:34PM on Aug 24th 2007 by tulsa4life

Here is web site www,sheilae.com to learn about the Nicole's Richie's biological Aunt Shelia E. and family heritage.

Daphne

No, the judge was unfair to Paris Hilton, while the DA and judges in the the Ritchie and Lohan cases were going by the book.

23 days for two moving violations ( that's all it was under CA law) is VERY unfair,especially in comparison to Nicole and Lindsay whose offenses were much more serious.

Being seen as "a talented actress" or "adopted by a black man" should not factor into how the laws are applied.

We are going down a slippery slope when we start judging people for how we perceive yhem to be, instead of going by what they actually do.

L.S

those glasses are bigger then her how ugly

TalkTheTalk

Uh, huh. That doesn't explain her smug, smirky, "I knew in advance I would be in here for only about an hour" face while she POSED for her mug shot. She's so worthless. And, she's having a kid.

Kait

The top half of those glasses are heavily tinted while the bottom half is clear....LOL. And the sides are wavy like Peggy Hills' glasses....LOL again!

Anyways, I don't know why, but I have way more of a problem with Lindsay's deal than with Nicole's. I like her for whatever reason, but I don't have a lot of faith in Lindsay to recover. I have a feeling she'll continue to be a public nuisance. Nicole seems a little more in control. I just don't have faith in those glasses!

my2cents

maybe, if i get drunk, high,and drive the wrong way down the road, I will only do a few minutes in jail. Somehow, I doubt it.

Ray

I'm glad the Sherrif Department was cooperative with you, Nicole.

proverb

It is absurd, but her lawyer did a fantastic job; obviously knew the in's and out's about how the LA juridical system works and ticks. Paris obviously hired the wrong attorneys by spending more time in the clink than Nicole. I want the lawyer's tel. no.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments