Nick Hogan

In Serious Car Accident

8/26/2007 10:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0827_hogan_fm_bn-1UPDATE: Nick Hogan is reportedly in serious condition, but the passenger in the car sustained more severe injuries. He is listed in critical condition.

Hulk Hogan's son, Nick, was seriously injured in a car accident tonight in Clearwater, Fla.

Law enforcement tells TMZ the accident occurred around 7:31 PM ET. According to police, a Toyota Supra, driven by Nick Bollea (Hogan's real name), was traveling at a very high rate of speed when it lost control and hit a raised median. The car was flipped around and the back end hit a palm tree. The impact, we're told, "destroyed the entire car." The two male occupants were flown by Medivac helicopter from the accident scene to a hospital in St. Petersburg. We're told both men had "very very serious" injuries.

The accident happened on Court Street, a main drag in downtown Clearwater, causing the entire street to be shut down for hours.

No 911 call was made to police. The accident was called in by an officer who rolled up right after the crash happened.

margie

UNFORNTUNATLEY, BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE. GIVE THE BOY A BREAK!!!!! HIS IS 17 FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. MY FAMILY WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND OUR PRAYERS TO THE HOGAN FAMILY AND THE FAMILY OF THE PASSENGER..GOD BLESS YOU ALL. HE WILL SEE U THROUGH THIS GUYS..LOTS OF PRAYERS ARE YOUR BEST SOLUTION. I HAVE A 14 YEAR OLD SON WHO THINKS NICK IS A GREAT ROLE MODEL. PLUS HE HAS BEEN HULK'S #1 FAN SINCE HE COULD SIT AND WATCH T.V. WE HAVE PICS AND POSTERS OF THE WHOLE FAMILY. WE HAVE PIN PRAYER CLOTHS PINNED TO EACH OF THEM. I ALSO HAD MY KIDS TO CUT OUT HEARTS FOR THE OTHER FAMILY AND THEIR SON..THEY TOO HAVE THE PRAYER CLOTHS ON THEM...JUST BELIEVE IN GOD AND TRUST HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

margie

HEY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! LAY OFF THE HOGAN FAMILY. TERRY AND LINDA ARE GREAT PARENTS. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT WITH NICK. HE IS A 17 YEAR OLD BOY FOR GOODNESS SAKES. AND DONT! I MEAN,DON'T!!!!!!! PICK ON BROOKE. SHE IS A BEAUTIFUL GIRL WHO BY THE BY...CAN SING HER ASS OFF. CAN YOU??????????!!!!!!!!!!!! THESE FAMILIES ARE GOING THROUGH SOMETHING REALLY HARD HERE. WHAT THEY NEED ARE OUR PRAYERS,NOT OUR OPINIONS OF WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE OR PARENTS THEY ARE..GOD SPEED BOTH FAMILIES!!!!

JKammer

I've read some comments on here and I just want to make a comment...obviously he was being reckless, and not thinking correctly at the time, and he may have been the cause of the accident, but that doesn't change that he is very seriously hurt. Celebrities are NOT the only people who do stupid things and make stupid mistakes, we do it too, it just isn't on the news as often. I noticed that some people made some negative comments about this, but imagine if it was your son or daughter or a very close friend, you would be terrified for their life, just as his family is. My whole point is, lets not turn this into something negative, lets try to hope for the best and pray for his family.

Dorothy

Have you ever watched the show Hogan knows best? This kid is rude to his parents, smart mouthed and a know it all. Now I don't know if this is acting or not. But he always drives fast on the show and wants to be a race car driver. I say get this kid off the road before he kills somebody.

mizistd

Something is going on with the Hogans every couple of months

Laura

my prayers are with the hogan family and of the other young man that was with nick hope everything will be okay!!!

KELLY

GOD BLESS YOU
HOPE EVERYTHING WORKS OUT FOR BOTH OF YOU
THIS IS A HARD LESSON TO LEARN.
I WILL KEEP BOTH OF YOU IN MY PRAYERS.

peacelove

To the comment below me dave, "whats wrong with celebrities" Oh please..they are human too..everybody gets into accidents on a daily basis. You cant judge someone based on that! Everybody gets into accidents, its not done on purpose. He has a fast car, every body speeds and likes to race, he shouldn't have been racing in public, but hes young and it happens. He's a good kid, Prayers to him and his family!

steven perez

$$Hey Nick i hope for the best for u and your family, i hope u make it through alright. alwayz remember never drive faster then your gaurdian angel cant handle.$$

Connie

I do not care who was at fault. He has very good parents and I just hate to think what they are going through right now. I have been sitting here at home for the past few hours watching their show and my mother had called me and told me about this terrible accident. My heart and prayers go out to his wonderful family I know they will be strong and supportive in this time. What ever his involvement was in this he is still a kid and should not be critisized just because his family is in the public spot light. I also pray for the passenger of the vehicle, His life is just as precious as Nicks. God help all families involved.

Connie

I cannot beleive the crap I am reading in here. What happend to praying for people in time of need and sending heart felt words to the families involved? Why is there blame and ridicule? Is this what we have become? If so I think the suicide rate should go up and you people that are saying such horrible things should consider it!

ttt

being a parent my heart goes out to his family.
godbless

toby

Buy american Icant beleave HULK would buy a crap toyota.

Kendy

We "locals" know these people to be totally down to earth a completely tight-knit family. A wonderful family and we are all hoping for the best and that they stay strong. I am disgusted by some of the negative comments. Only those with impure hearts would pass judgement while someone's health and future is in question because of such a tragic accident.

Porsche_930_Pilot

It's good to hear Nicks doing good now and prayers hopefully will be continued for his friend.The first thing Nicks gotta remember , when dragging DO NOT!!!!! have anybody else in the car with you.This is one of the first lessons of racing, if you want to take your own life in yours hands fine but don't take someone elses with you.I've seen pictures and things of Nick running his car at the track and thats where this kind of racing belongs.I know its easy to get sucked into a street race,driving a turbo Porsche I always get people who pull up to a light etc. that want to run and I admit I've used less then better judgement on occasion and shown them what my car can do but NEVER!! with someone else in the car.His parents weren't exactly on the ball either because they knew he was prone to racing and hes only 17 he shouldn't of been allowed to drive a car like that on the street until he showed some maturity behind the wheel.Again though glad your ok Nick and I hope your buddy will pull through this.Godspeed.