Owen Wilson

Hospitalized

8/26/2007 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Owen WilsonTMZ has confirmed that Owen Wilson was taken to the hospital Sunday in Los Angeles.

Santa Monica Police issued the following statement to TMZ: "On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street. The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

TMZ has learned the 911 call came in at 11:59 AM to the L.A. Fire Department.

Citing medical privacy laws, they would not release any additional information, nor would they comment on why he was transported.

A call to Owen's rep was not immediately returned.

christine

SOME OF YOU PEOPLE I HOPE YOUR CRAPPY REMARKS OF ILL WILL SLAP YOU UP ASIDE THE HEAD 3 FOLD.. JEALOUS HATERS

IF HE DID TRY TO COMIT SUICIDE WICH THEYRE SAYIN I HOPE HE GETS THE HELP HE NEEDS

MM

Wow some of you are real cold blooded. I agree with JG. This is so serious, something that can't be explained - only understood by someone who has experienced it themself.
Hope you never get there.

Praying for a speedy recovery!

divalasvegas

I hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

Eileen

Canada news reporting he slit his wrist and OD.

Joanne

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Owen, whatever put you there.....

Katee

He didn't try to commit suicide. He had a bad reaction to prescription medication that made him a little psychotic.

BOEING 787

I don't know what happened to Owen Wilson but I hope he gets the treatment that is needed for a speedy recovery, I for one don't have any deathwish upon him.

If rehab is needed only the best will do like Betty Ford, not a posh place, again I hope for
him a speedy recovery.

she smiled

Dude, if you are thinking that life is not worth living you are wrong. Please get the help you need. You deserve to enjoy your life!!!

Barb

Whatever's happened, best wishes Owen.

Zip

Matt Drudge, of the Drudge Report, is saying on his radio show that this Owen Wilson incident was a suicide attempt over a woman.

The only woman I can think of that Owen Wilson has been dating of recent is Goldie Hawn's daughter, Kate Hudson!!! Well, she's recently taken up with Dax from "Punked", and is even having him play daddy to her kids. I think based on the Drudge Report story...that would probably be enough to trigger Owen to do something like this, if true.

Still, Kate Hudson has said in interviews that she doesn't believe in monogamy, and reportedly even cheated on her husband with Owen Wilson, so...he shouldn't have allowed himself to get this involved with a woman who doesn't believe in monogamy...and is into "open relationships!!!"

I think he isn't in love with her, but rather, he fell in love with the idea of being the son in-law of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. It's sort of a Cinderella idea of things, except with a male falling for the beautiful princess, but I'll tell you, a girl with monogamy issues isn't going to be turned on by a guy who supposedly slit his wrists over her...again according to Drudge. The psychology of most woman, is they want an emotionally independant man...not someone who is needy. Not that I'm putting him down...I just know this to be pretty much true of how alot of women feel--and news of this will only serve to freak her (Kate Hudson) out, not draw her back to Owen!!!

Wicked

Sometimes people are prescribed pills which end up causing more problems to the person, in fact, more often then not. I hope they don't overmedicate him with those crazy drugs that cause more depression. Seriously. You can be depressed and the next thing you know you're deeply depressed and find no way out. I wish Owen all the best and I hope he recovers and has a wonderful life.

Zip

Amended:

I think he isn't in love with her, but rather, he fell in love with the idea of being the son in-law of Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. It's sort of a Cinderella idea of things, except with a male falling for the beautiful princess, but I'll tell you, a girl with monogamy issues isn't going to be turned on by a guy who supposedly slit his wrists over her...again according to Drudge. The psychology of most women, is they want an emotionally independant man...not someone who is needy. Not that I'm putting him down...I just know this to be pretty much true of how alot of women feel--and news of this will only serve to freak her (Kate Hudson) out, not draw her back to Owen!!!

Wicked

Amended: Zip

Get over yourself jackass. Give yourself a facial or go polish your toes girlfriend.

Zip

Why attack me??? As I said, these are the reports that are out there. I myself am not saying that they are true, or not, as I was not personally there to confirm them...however, I am pointing out the fact that these stories are being reported by a media source, who in the past, has been very accurate--again, that source being Matt Drudge and The Drudge Report!!!

If you have a problem with Drudge, fight it out with him, not me!!!

Zip

Here's a story from the Enquirer that is linked to the Drudge Report web site:

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: OWEN WILSON ATTEMPTED SUICIDE!
Actor Owen Wilson was hospitalized after attempting suicide, sources tell the NATIONAL ENQUIRER and Star magazine exclusively.

Wilson was transported to St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica , Calif. on Sunday, August 26, by ambulance. Sources tell the ENQUIRER and Star that he sliced his left wrists and took an indeterminate amount of pills.

He was discovered by a family member who summoned help.

Police and an ambulance responded to a 911 call from Owen’s house around noon on Sunday.

His wrist was sutured and bandaged at the hospital.

The ENQUIRER and Star broke the story of Owen’s hospitalization earlier Sunday and revealed that he was being transferred from St. John’s after being stabilized. The publications learned that he was going to be detoxed.

Owen was brought in to St. John’s in very serious condition. Police were on the scene immediately as was a criminal defense attorney, believed to be working for Wilson. Some of Owen’s family was with him.

Wilson was stabilized at St. John’s.

More on this story as it develops…

Published on: 08/26/2007 Printer Friendly | Email Article