Owen Wilson

Hospitalized

8/26/2007 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Owen WilsonTMZ has confirmed that Owen Wilson was taken to the hospital Sunday in Los Angeles.

Santa Monica Police issued the following statement to TMZ: "On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department at the 900 block of 23rd Street. The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

TMZ has learned the 911 call came in at 11:59 AM to the L.A. Fire Department.

Citing medical privacy laws, they would not release any additional information, nor would they comment on why he was transported.

A call to Owen's rep was not immediately returned.

Wicked

My problem with you is in your last paragraph where it starts....The psychology of most women blah blah blah.

I don't agree. And this is not the time to be speculating about Kate or any other woman.

Leigh

Tabloids are saying that he tried to kill himself :(

Carlos Porras

Speedy recovery DUDE - you are one of the few that keep me roaring!

Zip

Hey, Drudge brought up the woman, Tom...not me, and he seemed very specific, and not speculating. I heard his broadcast myself, and he was pin point on his story that Owen was upset over a woman. Again, his words, not mine!!!

Now, I did speculated on who that woman might be, based on the fact that the last woman that I know of Owen having a relationship with was Kate Hudson, but I made it clear that, that was only my personal speculation, nothing else.

And, yes...women tend to be turned off by men who they think are emotionally dependant on them. I mean, are you actually expecting me to believe that this situation, if true, is going to attract the woman who scorned him, back into his life??? All I'm saying is, it's not likely...especially if she has kids...and Kate Hudson has kids!!!

Whatever the truth...I wish Owen well. God Bless dude, and get better!!!

I am producing a show in Hollywood which is opening with an industry only premier . Mr. Wilson is one of our invitees. Today, at around 7 pm PST I received a reply to my company's invitation for him to attend from his publicist, Ina Treciokas, thanking me for the invitation but explaining that he could not attend. This may be because Mr. Wilson is ill, I don't know, it's not my business any more than it is yours. The note did not say either way. However, all these reports of no replies from his representatives, etc. - well, if there were something horribly tragic wrong, I seriously doubt his publicist would be answering my company's invitation to a premier, I would think they would be addressing the media about a critical situation. I would hope that everyone who is truly concerned, not just revelling in the thought that someone who happens to be an actor may have overdosed or tried to take his life (with no proof or substantial evidence whatsoever to that end) will wait and see what the truth is. What is with this mentality and addiction of and to horrible tragedies. Do you all really derive such joy from the pain of others. What a sad commentary on the human condition. This is a human being. Just because he is nothing more to you than a picture or a tabloid article doesn't make him any less valuable or any less flesh and blood. And, yes, those of us who work in the industry do read this drivel and your vicious comments and the impossible things you choose to believe. Then we laugh at your ignorance. I'll close now so that you may write your comments insulting me and telling me where I can go. Like I really care.

Oscar

If youwork for TMZ>COMM and keep on writting this way you will probably get pick by millions of viewvers about your grammar errors. If you are talking about a person, don'nt swich about they , because you are referring to a single person not pleural.

The Marian Movement

My problem with you Tom is that you believe in open marriages, Eyes Wide Shut. The exclusive club for "swingers". Must protect the boys. Well move aside cause the boys club has just been blown sky high by a girl. Yes I know "why". You are jealous and afraid. The black veil has been removed.

Enjoy the little sign we have arranged for you all tomorrow night. Red moon. First we've had our way in 7 years. Wonder why?

The Marian Movement

Hey Owen - Get well. We need you.

Gwen

I agree with those who realilize that this is a serious & sad situation for Owen. People do things like this for different reasons. Regardless, he's in pain and needs help. Unless you've experienced anything remotely similar, you can't imagine what was going through his mind. Owen is one of my FAVORITE actors. He is so funny in every movie he's made (I have them all). It's sad for such a person so full of joy & a zest for life would become in such dispair. My thoughts & prayers are with him.

Get well soon, Owen
Your fans love you & support you

Zip

You're not the only industry person around, WAPT...and I agree with you, but...these things happen, and if they are true, they are true. Certainly Owen's reps can deny these things...and hopefully those denials are correct.

This happens so much in Hollywood, that it does become everyone else's business when Hollywood stars not only endanger themselves, and get away with it, but soon enough, endanger others. That hasn't happened in this case that we now of, but who knows???

That said, it is also important for us to acknowledge that there are real problems of the like, not only in Hollywood, but everywhere in the world concerning the above issues...and instead of covering them up, and looking the other way...as Hollywood so often does, the only way we can help--is to clean up the problem by acknowledging it...and by making sure that these Dr. Feel Goods, who bait the innocent into using drugs and into other addictions, have no place in our society...so that all people, not just celebs, are protected from addiction and what not--a symptom of greater problems which lead to tragedies, like perhaps, this alleged matter!!!

And trying to ignore the pink flying elephant in the room, is the biggest tragedy of them all!!!

Sillyme

Wilson

Actor Owen Wilson was taken to a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., Sunday, according to a story Drudge Report linked to on Sunday.
According to the report, Wilson was transported to St. John's Hospital. Citing sources, The National Enquirer and Star magazine said the star of "Wedding Crashers" and "Starsky & Hutch" had cut his left wrist and taken an undetermined amount of pills.

He was found by a family member who called for help.

Santa Monica police confirmed only that the actor had been taken to a hospital, TMZ.com reported.

"On Sunday Aug. 26. 2007 at 12:10 pm officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to a medical assistance call from the Santa Monica Fire Department," the police said in a news release. "The person was transported to a local hospital where they are being treated."

Citing medical privacy laws, the police did not release any further information.

The Enquirer said Wilson's wrist was stitched and bandaged at the hospital, and that Wilson would "be detoxed."

Celeb life is tough...just ask Amy Winehouse or Britney or Lindsay...God bless them all, hopefully they can clean up and move up.

Anon

Such a funny guy, you just never know what people are going through. Hope this is one of those things he just shakes his head about in amazement years from now.

Erica

#66 -What are you people thinking
Mr. Industry insider - While you are on your high horse, and are laughing at our ignorance, you fail to note that
#1. Your industry fuels the flames and uses them to manipulate us while you laugh all the way to the bank.
#2. The fools you are laughing at, are your customers and pay your bills. Without our interest, you have no job.
#3. You failed to acknowledge how many people are genuinely upset, the majority of posts have been positive and reflect concern, if this report is true and Mr. Wilson is in this condition he will have tremendous support and compassion.

What do you derive pleasure from? Lecturing other people how much better you are? Guess what, your not. Your on the same comment page as I am. These are the reports that have come out so far. I hope that they are exagerated and not true. I hope that Mr. Wilson is fine, and I hope that you grow up.

kathleen

We lost Richard Jeni last year due to suicide...Pls, no more comics killing themselves! And, OWen, we LOVE you, baby! I love his characters--the guy in Meet the Parents, Night at the Museum, etc. etc. I will keep him in my prayers tonight. He may be bottoming out on drugs.