Britney Targeted in

Child Abuse Investigation

8/27/2007 2:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned Britney Spears is being investigated for possible child abuse.

An unscheduled hearing was held today at L.A. County Superior Court. Present -- Britney's lawyer, Dennis Wasser, K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, and a lawyer from the Los Angeles County Counsel who is assigned to the dependency court.

We do not know the specifics of the allegations but we're told the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services is conducting an active investigation.

A hearing in the custody case has been scheduled for Sept. 4, which will be a follow up to today's appearance.

A rep for Britney did not immediately return our request for comment.

More Today in TMZ History

Stan

Yeah just like she was abusing her dog, Do you people see a pattern ? Bri Brit is being framed, by some moron. K-FED !!!!!

Clinton

ABOUT DAMN TIME !!!!!

Prisy

I'm not so surprised, she's not mother material K- Fed is probably a better mother fo these children... she should just grant full custody toKevin because she is doing a lousy job and is geting in trouble with the law....

you are entitled to my opinion

she's a waste of space. she should follow owen wilson's lead.

asssshhhhhhhhhh

haha k fed is such a loser. and liek someone else wrote, yeah why doesn't he try and get his other children if he wants to be a good father. he just wants the money that comes with the kids so his broke ass can still not have a job. anyone notice that lately i see more pictures of him clubbing and britney just out with her kids. you people need to get a life and leave the poor girl alone.

Clinton

People that actually think that Federline is as bad as Spears need to have their heads examined, along with Britney. The courts are NOT going to side with Spears, that much is OBVIOUS.

Not a fan

How long will it be before they find this girl overdosed on something? How can one person take all this without cracking?
She needs help not bashing. The kids need to go where they are safe and they need to take Britt somewhere far away from it all and get her straight.

MaryMac

To #69-

Since when should two babies be responsible for keeping their mother together?

iberia

Who worries about the children in ghettos and other unsavory neighborhoods? Who cares, about the boy with no dinner, the 3yr old girl raped, the baby whos mother thinks its "cute" to blow crack smoke in its face, the child thrown into a closet for just "being"? ? ? ? ? ?
Dont be in a tizzie over Britz kids.....they will never miss a meal. They will always be able to see a Doctor AND afford the meds prescribed, mice will not crawl on their beds ,they probably will not witness severe beatings and verbal abuse towards a family member.. Disfunctional future adults? Christ ! Join the crowd.
So, why arent we in an uproar over the ones that really need it ?

Jackiem829

Leave brit alone. Anyone is crazy to think that all these "media stories" are true. Kevin sucks and her downward spiral is COMPLETELY HIS FAULT. I would be suprised if he verbally abused her and gave her all these stupid insecurities......these kids are going to read all these stories one day and what are they supposed to think? She loves them and Kevin, her parents, and the MEDIA need to leave her the hell alone so she can attempt to give those kids a halfway normal life! Kevin deserves no more $$ - all he did was sleep his way into the top and leave his other baby mama in the dust!

Reagan

Child Protective Services leaves children in the care of parents and guardians that are unfit parents all the time. I have worked in a day care and seen "them" (CPS) investigate a family that has 3 kids, each day bringing them into daycare with dirty clothes, sometimes the same clothes 2-3 days in a row, soaked diapers, no extra diapers or clothes, urine soaked nap blanket a head full of lice, etc. This family didn' t have a lot of $$ but that does not excuse neglect.
My point, if CPS let her keep her kids why are the even going to Brit's house ??

Clinton

NEWS FLASH!!!
It's common for MOST abusers of children to have feelings of "love" for them, - it doesn't make a DAMN difference.

jc

REALLY PEOPLE!!!!! BS is out at all hours doing God only knows what everytime you turn around. Where there is smoke there is fire. If I were out swimming in the ocean in my panties and bra getting my picture taken, or checking into hotels with strange men at all hours of the morning, dragging my kids around at all hours of the night to go pee at a restaurant when they should be at home in bed, Constantly feeding my children junk, Wanting my dentist to have my toddlers teeth whitened because I didnt want to take care of them, My ex-husband would want to take my kids away from me too! And I am sure that is just the tip of the iceburg. You are right we do not know ALL of the facts. I am sure there is more. She is a HORRIABLE PARENT. If she really loved those children she would GET IT TOGETHER!!!! Not every parent in hollywood has to go thru this only the ones who are acting coo-coo.

amy

like none of us have never neglected our kids ever. We have all done soemthing at one time or another to make us a bad parent. Lighten up on this poor girl!
jeeze

Kris

A 10 year old could take better care of Britney's kids. Take them away from her NOW!!!!