Britney Targeted in

Child Abuse Investigation

8/27/2007 2:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney SpearsTMZ has learned Britney Spears is being investigated for possible child abuse.

An unscheduled hearing was held today at L.A. County Superior Court. Present -- Britney's lawyer, Dennis Wasser, K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, and a lawyer from the Los Angeles County Counsel who is assigned to the dependency court.

We do not know the specifics of the allegations but we're told the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services is conducting an active investigation.

A hearing in the custody case has been scheduled for Sept. 4, which will be a follow up to today's appearance.

A rep for Britney did not immediately return our request for comment.

More Today in TMZ History

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69

rainexplained

kfed was the smart one.... which is just as scary

Chey

I wish that I could actually write Brittany to support her. She is still just a very young lady and a young mother and the world seems determined to bash her and destroy her at every turn. As a woman with a daughter her age, I cannot even imagine the stresses that Brittany is facing.

I know that it was hard enough for my own kids growing up and dealing with all the issues facing the youth of today. I could tell that she was absolutely scared to death and nervous trying to do VMA the show last night, and the media were like vultures wating to pick her apart no matter how she did.

The world just needs to back off and let her grow up and gain some wisdom just like we did when we were younger and our own kids.

joe

HER HOURGLASS IS RUNNING OUT

marge

I want to help her I am 60 years old and alls she needs is love and understanding where was kevin when she was having babys He partyed hardy while she was home. Now she is the bad one why I smoked around my kids Years ago we kept our kids in the front seat of the car while we drived I don't think she does things to hurt them Who will take care of the kids if Kevin gets them he wont he just wants all her money he don't care for those kids I would love to sit and talk to her I brought up 4 children by my self there father partied every night but I think I did a good job And alls we did was talk and stay together when times got ruff Why whem Tom Cruses wife almopst fell some one didn't call child abuse I guess they are out to hurt brittney

yomommazkitchen

ya'll need to chill on the "take the kids away" stuff where are they going to go? foster care? those of ya'll who think that need a big big wake up call. do ya'll no what is like to have two kids at the age of 25? ya'll need to be in her shows. she doesn't have anyone no support. none. feel that. i bet not a one of you can feel that. ya'll are like "take the kids take the kids". for what? those of you who have kids do you ever go out? do you ever drink? sleep in? cook late? has any of you dropped your kid? be honest.? has the baby feel of the bed or couch? it is very obvious that most of the comments are made by very incompetent people. who have never been in this situation. alone scared and two kids. with a crazy dude you love but is a jerk? and don't lie and say" well i do it why can't she? get real you no that you have felt the same. some times you just need to get away. kids are hard.

Kristi

Yeah being a mom is hard but if you truly love your children you will do some self-sacrificing. And she does have support but she keeps pushing it away b/c she doesn't want to hear that what she's doing may not be the best thing for a mother of two to be doing.

Cheryl

Britney loves her babies. They are just fine and love their Mommy. Leave this family and so many other familys alone.

bustup

she wants to be a teen ager and not a mother - but fears the bad PR

Rev. Johnny Lee Clary

Here is an article that will put the Britney thing into it's proper perspective!

Lane

I still believe Federline is making up a bunch of stuff, and perhaps paying people to back him up. Come on people the guys a con-man.
Couseling is a good idea for them both, federlines no stranger to illegal drugs, and alcohol either. 50/50 custody, and both continue couseling. If Federline gets 70o/o custody, don't you realize that means Britney has to pay him more child support! And lets face it kids their ages don't take much to feed. But Kevin has 5,6,7...kids--Motive for his trying to get more custody/MONEY

Paula

I wouldn't doubt that it's true, but what are the facts??

rain umbrella

Oh, so unexpected, so surprise! Very touching, so well written and I have some perception, learning very much. Thank you for sharing. Very happy to see these and believe that your point of view. This same time,i love golf umbrella very much !

Elizabeth Alan

Wow…such hate for Brittney. All parents make mistakes. Brittney has done a remarkable job of turning her life around and getting control of her emotional problems. How is taking her children away from her completely going to help her children, or Brittney? Recovery is a long process, so is parenting.

nikki

not a fan of britney at all but seriously stop hating on someone you do not know all you know is what you read seriously grow up....those kids are too happy to be abuse or being abused whatever...

Previous 15 Comments | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69