Jeans CEO

Accused of Trying to

Get in Employee's Pants

8/27/2007 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rock and Republic clothing's CEO and lead designer, Michael Ball, is being sued by a former employee for sexual harassment.

Michael Ball, Rock and Republic
TMZ obtained the lawsuit, filed August 17 in Los Angeles County Superior Court, that claims in November of 2006, Nicole Baros interviewed with Ball to be his personal assistant. During the five-minute interview, Baros alleges Ball asked her if she "had a boyfriend." The lawsuit claims that during her first month of employment, Ball made unwanted sexual advances towards her, such as "touching her hair, and continually staring at Baros' breasts and butt," and one point told her he wanted to "sleep with her."

The lawsuit also alleges at the company Christmas party Ball "cornered Baros in a room and attempted to kiss her ... then proceeded to stick his hand down plaintiff's pants." Later that month, she says she went to Ball's home to have him sign company checks and he answered the door in his underwear. She then says he chased her "around his apartment, grabbed her and threw her on his bed."

In the end, Baros claims she was not selected to go to Fashion Week in New York City, and was "let go and was told that there was not enough work for her."

Rock and Republic clothing has adorned the backsides of celebrities like Carmen Electra, Kate Winslet and Avril Lavigne.

A rep for the fashion line did not return our call for comment.

Jess

She knew right up front he was in lust. She took the job and set him up. What a gold digger!

sUnKiSs

I don't understand why she would take the job in the first place if she was "offended" by the fact that she was asked about a boyfriend.. then she takes the job he makes advances and still stays there.. and to top it off why the hell would you go to his house to get checks signed.. im sure she could've waited for the following day! She is just after MONEY.. GOLD DIGGERS!!!!

caveman

oh, you're not supposed to do that?

LOCO WACKO

She should have just bobbed the knob!

TheSpinZone

If this is chick lives in Toronto then I totally know who it is. I should probably call our mutual friend and find out so that I can give TMZ the latest gossip. Kidding of course because I'd post it on my own site but I'd let TMZ link to me and all ;)

sherry

IT WAS A SET -UP SHE PROBABLY TOLD HIM NOT HERE ??????????? AND IF SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE UNDERWEAR WHY GO IN THE HOUSE IF SHE DIDNT WANT IT SHE COULD HAVE SAID I WILL BE WAITING BY THE POOL FOR YOU TO GET DRESSED AND NOT GONE IN THE HOUSE BUT WALKED AROUND TO THE BACKYARD OR WAITED IN HER CAR BUT SHE WENT IN THE HOUSE !!!!!!!!!!SOOOO HE COULD CHASE HER AROUND THE HOUSE ???????????????? COME ON SHE LEAD HIM IN THE WRONG DIRECTION AND HE GOT TIRED OF HER TEASING HIM SO HE DIDN'T WANT HER AROUND BECAUSE OF THE GAME SHE PLAYED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND HE IS FINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND LIKE i SAID WHAT WOULD HAPPEN AT FASHION WEEK ,AND THE WEEK AFTER ????????????????????????????????/

sherry

# 1 OBVIOSLY YOU YOU READ THE STORY ????????????????????????

SD_CD

Blame the Victim! It's all her fault! He's sooooo good looking. Sometimes I underestimate the stupidity I'm going to find on here. I keep thinking I'm going to stumble across an intelligent post. Did any of you idiots read the complaint? This guy has been coasting on his looks his entire life - and it just blew up in his face. I hope he gets what he deserves.

U.S-male

She knew up front his name is Mr Ball,

but knowing his full name of Les Ball what the end of sotry line would be.

I say TMZ should show us her T and A and see if he or anyone else would have been looking and as for the hand,
maybe he was looking for his pencil

sam

No one that isn't acting for it goes to a guys house after he tried to kiss her and shove his hands down her pants. She mad 'cause she got dumped before fashion week. Sore loser.

Stephanie

This is such a load of bull. First of all if he had cornered her at some office party and actually tried to put his hand down her pants...why the hell would she feel it okay to go to his house to have him sign checks?? I'd make sure someone else went. Ok fine so she goes, and he answers the door in his underwear..oky you dumb b**tch..get the hell out. NO she obviously goes in his house if the then gets to chase her around and throw her on the bed. Sounds like sour grapes to me...some stupid wannabe didnt get the attention she wanted so decides to try to take him down.

ginawin

mad tv!

U.S-male

Hey # 21 it works both ways just because SHE made the claim you want to chop off Mr Ball's, balls.

Sounds like the norm for women like you making all women look like money grabbing into mens pants pockets.

You fems want to stick it to every men too, its just you want to stick your hand in our wallets and suck on it till its bone dry.

The Original D..

He can throw me on a bed anytime!! ~licks lips~~ mMmmmMMmmmmmm

Scott

Funny how women are so offended but they keep going back just enough to file a lawsuit.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments