« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Michael Vick Officially Pleads Guilty

8/27/2007 11:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Vick pleaded guilty Monday to a federal dogfighting charge. He is now awaiting a sentencing date that could send him to prison to serve some serious time.

Vick, who is suspended indefinitely by the NFL, entered his guilty plea before a U.S. District Court judge in Richmond, VA.

Sources inside the courtroom report that Vick was stoic during the proceeding.

U.S. District Judge Henry E. Hudson, who accepted Vick's plea, asked the QB, "Are you entering the plea of guilty to a conspiracy charge because you are in fact guilty?" Vick quickly answered, "Yes, sir." The judge replied, "You're taking your chances here. You'll have to live with whatever decision I make."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Dixie in Myrtle Beach

TO PERSPECTIVE, PEOPLE....YOU ARE STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!

Kris

hmm....how come when i try to post something in support of MV it never goes through....INTERESTING!....HIGH FIVE YOUR HATERS MV!

Janet Campios

THIS IS FOR NUMBER 5 THEY MAY JUST BE DOGS BUT THERE IS TWO THINGS YOU SHOUOLD RELIZE 1ST DOG SPELLED BACKWARDS IS GOD AND 2ND I WAS FIGHTING BREAST CANCER AND HAD IT NOT BEEN FOR MY DOG I DONT THINK I WOULD HAVE MADE IT HE WAS THERE FOR ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS I HAVE NO FAMILY LEFT AND HE HELP THROUGH ONE OF THE TOUGHEST TIME I HAVE EVER FACED. SO # 5 YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE A HARD LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAID!!!!!!!!!

Naples

To #15 Padre,
Right on brotha!

noitall

***************************** DAMN !!!!!!!!!! **********************

DAMN !!!!! THIS GUY IS UUUUUUGGGGLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LongJohn69

I don't care if he does throw for a living...their gonna make a LONG "receiver" out of him in prison. I"ll send him some KY jelly. Ouch!!

Ellen

To "YOU are the problem, you knee-jerk reactionist":
Don't be ignorant and assume I care less for people than I do for pets just because I care about the safety of all pets. You've clearly displayed your lack of intelligence and insight.

Dani

The issue I take with this is that many media people compare what vick did to athletes who beat wives/gf. They are saying the attention that vick received was unjust when abusers are being ignored.
I am not a peta person or a "tree hugger" however, i do believe the "difference" is that dogs cannot "speak" for themselves and a woman can, we as human beings are supposed to be the evolved ones.

montana girl

It`s almost over for Vick. Never again will he be able to get his kicks from watching dogs tearing themselves apart, while he stands by and cheers for the bloody winner and the poor looser that he will have to drown, electrocute or strangle. When will these evil people learn that animals have feelings and were put on earth as companions to man.
There will be many more of these greedy dog fighters that will come into the light of Christ soon.

noitall

******************** " MY GOOD NAME..." ********************

REMEMBER THAT, PEOPLE ???!!???

JUST A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO VICK SAID, '....I LOOK FORWARD TO CLEARING MY GOOD NAME." AND MINUTES AGO HE PLED GUILTY !!!!

MAN, THIS PIECE OF CRAP LIES ABOUT EVERYTHING ---- HE HAS NO GOOD NAME!!!!!!!!

Texan

People capable of being cruel to animals can't possibly have a heart. Serial killer, Jeffry Dahmer, started torturing and killing animals before he started killing people. I have a lot more compassion for animals than I do humans, sometimes.

Vick deserves prison. How STUPID of him, to throw away a great career over something like this! He'll have lots of time to think about what he's done.

suzy

I'm a big fan of the "cover the assh*le in gasoline and set him on fire" type of justice.

marie

I am so glad to see that there are people out there that believe that what he did is wrong. I am so sick of hearing on the news and in interviews about they are upset because his career might be over and poor pitiful Mike Vick. HE IS A CRIMINAL and he should be treated as such. Forget about his career--he ruined it all on his on. He deserves anything and everything that is coming to him. No one would be giving their opinion like this if it was a normal, everyday working man or woman.

Charles Wilson

I am saddened by what Michael has done with his career. He was highly respected throughout the world and to have come to this level within a nice career is hard for me as an older black man to see a younger black man lose it all.
I wished that he had come forth early on and admitted his frailities rather than to lie about them. Maybe things would not be as bad for him as it is playing out before the world now. I still love him as a young black male who has made a serious mistake in his life, but do not all of us make a mistake. His mistake is glorified because he is well known over the world. I am truly saddened by what he has done. I love dogs also.

El

This is not about human's vs. dogs - whoever is saying that people are picking humans over dogs is extremely ignorant,narrow minded and did I say extremely ignorant?? This is about compassion and human descency.
I hope whoever is saying this does NOT have children because if you do, I can guarantee that you either beat them or ignore them and you do NOT know how to be a parent. This is not about a dog, a guinea pig, a horse, a kitten or a pot bellied pig - this about cruelty and insensitvity to any living thing.
This is about right vs wrong. Torture is torture. The majority of people that are sensitive to cruelty and abuse feel the same way about animals as they do about children. Would you condone a person killing or drowning or eletrocuting anything? If you answer yes to any of these statements, you need to crawl back under the rock you came out from.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments