« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vick: I Found Jesus

8/27/2007 12:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Speaking in a quiet, contrite voice, former NFL stud Michael Vick faced the media outside of a hotel in Richmond, VA -- and accepted responsibility for his role in a dogfighting ring.

"I will redeem myself" said Vick, "I have to."

Vick wasn't specific about the acts he was sorry for, but declared, "Dogfighting is a terrible thing. I reject it."

Between apologies to everyone from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank -- to all the kids who used to look up to him, Vick declared that he's found Jesus and has turned his life over to God.

"I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself, to say the least. I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts. What I did was very immature, so that means I need to grow up."

Vick also dropped part of his apology in the third person saying, "I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to be a better Michael Vick the person, not the football player."

During the presser, Vick made it clear several times that he never "pointed the finger" and is prepared to face the consequences of his actions.

After speaking for nearly five minutes, Vick left the podium without taking any questions.

UPDATE: TMZ has learned that the judge has accepted Vick's plea.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

dw

He apoligized for his 'immature acts' .....try CRIMINAL ACTS a**hole

Found Jesus my **

grasshopper

FOUND JESUS...AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHHA WHO? JESUS ? WHO..HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

dc

Those dogs found Jesus too. Before that were ready to.

August West

Immature acts? How about savage and cruel? He's an oxygen thief, plain and simple.

Moni

Some of you idiots need to find the Lord for yourselves. Do you even think before you type.......grow up!!!

Johnny SoCal

19. What a load of doo doo..He said sorry to everyone but the animals that he killed.

Posted at 11:51AM on Aug 27th 2007 by Darlene
==
Yeah....

NOW.....Go eat your steak and eggs for breakfast and don't forget my chicken fron KFC! HYPOCRITE!

JL

The ONLY thing he is sorry about is getting caught. Don't they always find Jesus after they get caught? No doubt in my mind that he's just as evil today as he was a year ago. However, that is between him and God.

I find it disgusting that he didn't show any remorse for the animals he tortured, although I'm not shocked because I don't believe he feels bad. Prison is the perfect place for such a hard-ass - let him find out what it's like to be at the mercy of others.

Ruth

If Michael Vick was really contrite and really asked the Lord for forgiveness and was true of heart, then he is forgiven, whatever we humans may think. Jesus died on the cross for just this reason. We are all sinners. As far as I am concerned Michael is forgiven and deserves another chance. God will forgive the most heinous sins if we ask.
So, although the sin was savage and I spoke strongly about it and I love animals, I also am required to forgive him, If I do not forgive him, I cannot expect to be forgiven for my sins.
God Bless Michael Vick. I wish him well. God will know if he is really repentant.

Buck Ramone

Apologize to the animals? First of all, they don't understand English. Second of all, they're dogs, not people, so apologizes are irrelevant. Third of all, the dogs are dead.
Unless they are listening up in doggie heaven! Praise be to Jesus, and all the cute little doggies in doggie woggie heaven!

Janette V

If Vick 'found Jesus', then he should do what is right and cough up the names of all the other dog fighters, you know he knows tons, that's his business. Stupid thug. Stupid, low-life thug.

I'm hungry

ya right, how convenient, he just found God.. where ..? .under the couch..?. or, more likely in his prepared speech given to him by his lawyer before the camera went on. Just like foxholes and college exams, there are no atheists when you are about to sentenced to prison. Why not start being a man and just do your time.

Perez Hilton

Wasn't that Parasite Hiltons mantra as well? Seen her in church or carrying the bible lately.

Praying for a light prison sentence doesn't really mean you have found Jesus.........

ml

I agree # 2 is an idiot, and I'm white in case your wondering. I do not believe he is sincere in his apology. I think he is sorry for getting caught not for what he did. You either have that in you as a person or you don't. He did it more than once without regret. I also think he's sorry that he was so stupid to waste such an amazing career with so much money on the line, and now it's over. That's what he's sorry for. If he didn't get caught he would still be doing it.

R U Kidding Me?

BACK OFF~~~~
HE OWNED IT~~
NOW MOVE ON, IDIOTS~~~

THERE
STILL ARE DOG
FIGHTING RINGS, MURDERS, RAPISTS AND THEIVES OUT THERE GOING
UNPUNISHED... PUT YOUR ENERGY ON THEM!

John Denver Rules

I'm glad he apoligized. I agree he should have apoligized to the dogs. Also, he refered to himself in the 3rd person 3 times that I counted. Maybe he hasn't changed.