Who's Behind the Britney Investigation? -- Plot Thickens

8/27/2007 7:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services "abuse investigation" into Britney Spears does not involve physical mistreatment of her children.

Sources say the complaint lodged with DCFS involves allegations of poor dental hygiene, as well as poor eating and sleeping habits for her kids. Curiously, although DCFS keeps these allegations secret, they ended up in legal papers filed today by K-Fed's attorney, Mark Vincent Kaplan, suggesting it might have been Fed-Ex himself who lodged the complaint.

And get this: DCFS is all too familiar with the family. We've learned that another anonymous complaint was filed with DCFS on July 2, but it went nowhere.

Sources say DCFS has put both Britney and K-Fed under the microscope in the past. In February, 2006, DCFS famously investigated Britney after the notorious car seat incident with Sean Preston. Ditto April, 2006 (while Brit and K-Fed were still together), after Sean Preston fell out of a high chair -- another DCFS investigation came and went.

hello, it

It's unfortunate that we all must speculate on these stories - it sure would be nice to know the truth from the start...no offense tmz, I love reading this crap, I just know it's going to change, probably before my post shows up!

Posted at 5:19PM on Aug 27th 2007 by Feel for the kids

Yeah, since it is our business and all. Shall we post your personal business?

Crystal

First of all these kids have a father too. If the kids teeth are bad it is both of their faults. They have joint custody so why doesn't the loser Kevin do something about it. He is just taking her for more money because no one wants a loser like him to do any promotion work. Any company he would have association with would go bankrupt. His 15 minutes are well over.

britneysupporter

Now this is for Britneys parents. Why would you support and stand behind a man that is doing all this to you daughter for the sake of money... That is all is can be about,cause the man isn't gonna work to amount to anything. I don;'t blame Britney for being mad a you, look what you are doing to your daughter.
Now just stop to think ,what are you going to do if Britney loses the kids and something horrible happens to her because of her being upset and heart broken. Now that will be on your hands. Hope you can live with guilt...........

AlecsMom

Teeth whitening? Poor hours/bedtime? Is this what DCFS investigates? I highly doubt it. Poor nutrition, hygiene, lack of stable bedtime are all indicators of poor parenting but they are NOT child abuse. However, this may be the foundation for suggesting that the children should spend more time with Federline as part of a discussion of what is in the best interests of the children.

Either the story of an investigation is false or these are not the motivating factors. Unless there is some danger perceived or alleged (real physical or mental danger), the county will not investigate. They have real cases to examine. I'm starting to wonder if the story is a plant.

Tangie

Damn! I looked @ #14 pics--she has that cig right in the kids face!

dawn

All the trash we read comes from kfeds camp he is out to make more money off her.

LaLa

Kevin has $ signs in his eyes. So does his attorney. Britney sounds like a regular young new mother to me. I was 38 when I had my one and only child. My husband and I, same age, were feeding her
formula without adding water. We discovered this after 2 days.
We have been married 33 years, our daughter is 23 years old, in college, perfect teeth and so normal. So Mannyyyyyyyyyy mistakes we made. Kevin, please get a job. Your teeth still look awful, even
after dental care. As a matter of fact, I wish I could dress you and send you to ettiquette class.

hello, it

36. ok, my 2 daughters father beat them black and blue, left bruises on their legs, and thighs and buttocks and the state (LOUISIANA) still didn't see fit to curtail his visitation...so I had to take him back to court to to alter the current custody and visitation order and have the judge ORDER a no corporal punishment until we finish this revisiting the current custody situation...that was 2 years ago and we still have not resolved the situation.
so i do not believe that britney should have her kids taken away for the things being said about her...that being said, I do believe that BOTH parents should be ORDERED to attend parenting classes, both parents should be ordered to attend therapy, and that britney should be ORDERED to take any and all prescribed medications for mental health and be tested weekly to check her blood levels to assure that she is adhereing to those medications...and both parents should be ORDERED to maintain a curfew when the boys are under their care, and both should have visits from dcfs to supervise until they determine each parent's fitness. both parents should be ORDERED to undergo psychological testing. when all that is completed, then there should be a mediator sit down with both sides and come to a resolution that both sides can live with INCLUDING rules and guidelines that both sides can and will agree to live by.

Posted at 5:52PM on Aug 27th 2007 by laalaa
Very good idea!

julie

You know if there was a big problem and children and youth sevices came in they would have takin those kids immidiatly no ifs and or buts about it so obviously those kids are safe and KEVIN GROW UP GET A JOB QUIT BEING A MOOCH

Nancy

Kevin is a F. loser. All he wants is money and fame. Get a real Job Kevin. I bet she regrets now having any kids with that loser. Why doesn't he go after his other baby's mama. The reason because she is broke. He should stop leaching off from Britney and get over her. This is starting to look like if he is trying to get back at Britney for leaving him instead of being concern for his kids. He is just using the kids to control her. (Typical Hurt Guy)

Joy

Are K-Fed and Larry Bhead the same person?

Take off, eh?

So on my list of things to pray for tonight I will add; and in no particular order:

- World Peace
- Win the lotto
- My dream shoes to go on sale
- To read something new tomorrow that has absolutely -nothing- to do with Bumbling Britney Spears or her weiner-ex-husband.

Gawd....

Miapocca

K fed needs to get shot already...if he really wants his children in a good home, he will nto go out of his way to contribute to the detriment of the mothers mentak health...he has been yanking her chain since the divorce and makes britney appear looney..she has put up with too much during the marriage and then this divorce simply because kfed wants MONEY....he pushed her into shaving her hair and folks were shocked, it was all the threats he kept making since she kicked him out!!

BRITNEY STAY STRONG..also hire a PI to shadow him everywhere..what an arse

Why dont they give him custody and take alimony wya, I am sure he will a good parent wihtout britneys mother..hope he doesnt ger un over by a car anytime soon, for he childrens sake he just need to go away and crwal back into the hole

Britney made a terrible choice simply because she was TOO lonely adn ended up with a man who did th eunthinakable by walking out on a pregnant gf who is too stuppid to even acknowledge the twit for what he actually...

both men and women who behave like kfed are sickening..take a good look at pamela bach and quit the nonsense for the sake of the children. Already Kfed made her cancel a recording session for teh upcoming awards show with justin..this guy is really so selfish that if he doesnt get his money he wont let her go...Britney deserved most of this but really ,..its getting toooo much now.

Reality is....

Ok all,

I do not like Britney Spears, I think she has a lot of growing up to do and could use some "normal" people around to teach her some parenting skills.

With that said, ANYONE can file a complaint with DCFS for neglect, but it doesn't mean that the claims are true. As a mother of 3 young children here in California myself, I often times see children out and about, at the park etc. that I do not always agree with the parenting skills going on. We do not all "parent" the same, and one of the biggest problems in America today is that we think everyone has to be just like us! In Iraq, around the world, with our neighbors..it goes on and on.

While letting her children drink soda or juice from a bottle is a very bad poor choice, it isn't necessarily abuse. I see MANY children drinking juice and soda out of bottles..tons of parents do it. I am going through a phase with my 3 and 4 year old that they do not want to eat their veggies....but I am not a bad parent because of it.

Many young children have bad sleeping habits. Mine don't because they have always had a structured routine. MANY children DO have bad sleeping habits, but it doesn't mean their mothers are neglecting them or abusing them.

In the grand scheme of things, I believe that she probably IS neglecting her children by not spending enough quality time with them, but these charges that K-Fed are railing against her doesn't equate to neglect or abuse.

AS a mother, I find it quite sad that a man can drag your name through the mud and rail charges against you and people automatically believe it's true. In general, if a mother doesn't have her children in bed by 9:00 pm, it doesn't mean she is abusing them.

It happens all over America in divorce proceedings, that one of the adults tries to use the kids against the other adult. It's very sad.

I battle all the time with my youngest sister..a mother of 3 as well, for letting her children drink Soda. It's my only complaint I have against her and it doesn't make her a bad mother....just a very bad decision. She is a very good mother and we all make mistakes.

I really believe that Britney Spears is in some serious sort of depression. When a mother is in a depression (or in some cases....is simply lazy), parenting skills are often much easier by just saying "yes" or not fighting with a child and letting them do what they want. Is the child going to throw a screaming temper tantrum to go to bed at 9:00? Some moms just give in and let them stay awake rather than stress and listen to the tantrum.

There are MANY children all over the world that have it much worse off than the two of these boys do. If any of you look a few blocks away from your house you will probably find one or two kids that are in more dire need of outside intervention that these two....

I really find it quite sickening that this man chose to recreate with this woman, that at the time he thought she was good "mother" material. Now that things didn't go so well, he is willing to drag her through the mud. Those two boys do not need to be involved in this dispute between the two, one day they will be old enough to see how much respect their parents had for their children, themselves, and each other....NONE.

stinkypete

People why do you think she is such a bad mom??? Like everyday people don't do the same dumbass things she does. Give me a break, hell give her a break. I don't even like Britney Spears or her money hungry X who ditched his pregnant girlfriend and other kid to be with Britney. He's not fighting for custody of them is he. I agree Britney has some issues, but given her age and here life as a child star what do you expect. At least she's not out getting DUI's like the rest of them. So she gave her kid some soda that's not against the law... The carseat thing, yeah that was just stupid... Going out late at night to dinner with the kids, not against the law... Nothing she has done has harmed her children in anyway to take them away from their mother. Leave the poor young girl alone and give her the space she needs to fix her problems and live her life how she wants. You only get all these details since she is suffocated by the press and media. People do stupid stuff and she's does to.