Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

I'm Back Biatches

Hey Flyinskyler...let that bitch eat cake. Lots of it....she needs it.

Natasha

WE LOVE YOU ANGELINA THE JOLIE.

Erica

oooh Little billie boy must be very veryy grumpy tonight..... What's the matter Billie? Your tiny prick hurting your tiny brain? By the Way Not eating makes your anorexic ...... Jet lag is just exhausting. If you ever get on a plane you'll find that out.

queen kiki the great

BILLY BOY.....Learn to read, hick.

Erica said that the jet lag alone would knock her (Erica) out.

And she said that no wonder that she (Angelina) looks like a skeleton.

With a name like Billy Boy, I bet you're some toothless yokel.

Desiree

I think that is a very good question, why aren't you Angelina fans so huge in number, you all make her movies do good? If Angelina was liked by a great many people, all those people would be going to see her movies. But her movies keep bombing, even A Might Heart, how could anyone not do good with such a heart-breaking story that came from a well-received book? But Angelina could not even make that movie work at the box office. Looks like Angie's fans are spending so much time blogging away for her, they forget to go see her movies.

And Angelina is not an ugly rail-thin skank because she is running around all over the world (making movies one right after another with a VERY occasional phony as hell humanitarian PR photo-op to make it look like she is actually doing something besides just making back to back movies to avoid her children and Brad) she is an ugly rail-thin skank because she is sick. Her past life of drugs, sex and more drugs and sex has finally caught up with her. But her addiction to photo-ops and movie making will do her in, as she should take it easy and she isn't, due to her intense dislike of regular family life. Yeah, I love it to, the box office says she is box office poison and there isn't a thing the Angie skank or her stupid fans can do to change that and her phony Iraq BS will just make it worse. IF that is possible, considering how much of a failure A Mighty Heart was.

Natasha

ANGELINA MOVIES ARE SUCCESSFUL AND SHE IS ONE WONDERFUL ACTRESS, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER HUMANITARIAN EFFORTS AND WONDERFUL SPIRIT TO STAND UP AND SPEAK FOR THOSE WITHOUT VOICES. WHY MUST IRAQIS DIES FOR YOUR PRESIDENT AND HIS MONKEYS LIES? AND WHY U AMERICANS DONT STAND UP AND END UP THIS COMEDY, HOW MANY REFUGEE IN IRAQ ARE DISPLACED? WHY? BECAUSE OF WHY? BECAUSE OF YOUR CRIMINAL PRESIDENT LIE, NOW U BLAME THE UN, BUT THEY LIED TO THE UN TOO, BUBBLES JUST BUBBLES IN THE AIR, FLOATING IN YOUR HEADS, NOTHING BUT EMPTY BUBBLES. TALK ABOUT THE REAL ISSUE HERE, U DONT LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF UR AMERICAN MADE LIES. come on sick nation u need lots of help inside to get to help others. dont u think?

meowomon

OK, I am thinking about changing to team Brangelina. Team Aniston spends way too much time on her hair. Now if Brangelina would only publicly come out against the war I would make it official!

Erica

If the troops like her, who cares that she went to see them.......... big deal.

someone

Im sure that she solved all the problems over there in her 2 day visit, what with her being Mother Teresa/skankalina.

SF

THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR TROOPS.. God bless them..That is really appreciated!

Lorne

A lot of you seem to complain and curse Miss Jolie. When was the last time any of you helped out or donated your time to a charitable organization. My hat off to the lady, she is doing good things for the palnet and it is her business how many kids she wants to adopt.

Lorne

My hat off the Lady.

Randee

To anonymous no. 258 - did you actually sit down with Angelina for an interview that's why you came up with the conclusions that she is not aware of the situation & the reasons behind? Maybe you should go to Iraq & all the other places requiring your "expertise & intelligence" instead of criticising someone who is actually willing to find out more and who are not as smart as you.

BigDeal

Quoted from People mag: Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Scarlett Johannson and Keira Knightley are among those expected to hit the red carpet at this year's Venice Film Festival, which kicks off Wednesday. (which is today)
Looks like AJ won't be making the red carpet with her lover.

Yes we all have our opinions, some more crude than others about AJ, I admit I'm one of them, don't like her image she projects or character, no matter if she is a United Nations Ambassordor. Charity begins at home. But somehow I can't believe she even considers the United States her home at all. She did put our country down when she said we, (the U.S.), did not give enough help to the other countries. That's bullcrap. Our country gives and gives in financial aid help, food and provisions, we even help rebuild and teach. We send Christians and volunteers to help spread "The Good News" about being saved and having salvation. Our country does plenty and we do seek to make peace with others. But if Angelina thinks she can do more than what is already being done, she should think to herself again. She should be working in those countries rebuilding them instead of adopting their children and bringing them here. Just by adopting those children does not help those countries reflurish. So I suggest she pick up a hammer and nails to give them shelter and plant vegetable gardens to give them food, and dig a hole to find water.

She's projecting to show her human compassion for less fortunate children and families, that's her perogitive, however, while she's traveling around the world, she has managed to, I think, brainwash Brad into doing projects also such as helping rebuild Katrina victims cities and homes. Which is great. He's at home. Doesn't it seem odd to you that she's there, he's here, and their projects are not a team effort? No, I do not think her being there and everywhere, and him being here, is being a team couple. She has changed Brad so much since his divorce, he's not even Brad Pitt anymore to me. He's Brad Jolie. His pictures the media takes, he looks dog tired, he's lost weight and looks as skinny as she does. How is that a healthy relationship?

I wish I had the means and opportunity to give what needs to be to this country. I give what I can, clothes that I have outgrown, a few dollars that I can spare to homeless on the streets begging, and canned goods to the churches, but I am scrapping the barrel just to pay my rent. I wish I could do more.

Angelina---she's not my cup of tea and neither is Brad. You people have put them way to high on a pedistal.

Kate

So many people accuse this woman of being so many things but they have no idea what happened. We have no idea what happened in the marriage of Brad & Jennifer. Not one of them has ever come out and said what happened, so who are we to make judgments? Yes, once Angelina was a "wild" child but got news for you, if everything we ever did in our 20's was made public, would you really be able to hold your head up high and pass judgment on others? I know I wouldn't. She has grown up and I think from her trips she has seen things that so many of us Americans have never and probably will never see. Those things can change a person. Ask any soldier who has been to a foreign country. She is doing good things, why can't you just leave it at that? I respect her and admire her and if it turns out all she wanted was publicity, then so be it because she also bought publicity to many causes I would never have known about.