Angelina: Iraq and Roll

8/28/2007 5:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Globe-trotting, tattooed do-gooder, Angelina Jolie, swapped the tony Hamptons to visit war torn Iraq. The United Nations Refugee Agency Goodwill Ambassador is in Iraq visiting refugees displaced by the war, and will also visit US troops.
Jolie with the Troops
As reported by People, Jolie arrived in Iraq on Tuesday after visiting Syria on Monday. TMZ contacted the United Nations, who told us that Jolie was traveling sans entourage on her humanitarian mission.

The photo, from OK! Magazine, was sent in by the mother of a US Marine from Denver. It was taken today in Iraq.

The UN was responsible for travel arrangements, and said they wouldn't comment on security measures taken to protect Jolie. Travel arrangements for special ambassadors typically take two weeks to prepare, but in the case of Ange, the agency needed a whole month. Jolie will return to Damascus this evening, then back to Brad and their precious brood.

Erin

I justed want to add to my pervious comment. The reason i say I am pleased she visited the troops is plainly this...I am sick of everyone thinking we need to feel sorry for everyone. Lets Support America and Americans for a change... feed our hungry... Love our soliders.

God Bless each and ever solider near and far, past and present... they are the ones that gave you and protect the freedom to live and speak your mind...

Erica

Erin - don't worry too much about Natasha - she / he is a complete TMZ whackjob. Will even fight with herself....... Just an attention seeker, thats all.

loveofpeopletoo

I think it is so wonderful that she is taking the time to visit Syria, the poor refugees and the troops. She doesn't have to go to Iraq to get attention, she just needs to step out of her house and she gets all the attention she could ever want. Why would anyone feel the need to call her names and put her down for trying to gain knowledge of other cultures, lives, and the world. If I had the money she and Brad had I would be doing the exact same thing. More celebrities need to put their money where their mouths are. Even if she and I disagree on the war issues I respect her for doing what she can for people in need. Don't worry about her kids at home they seem to be weel cared for and loved. I just hope that she doesn't let the tragedies of the worl affect her health. Seeing all the things that she has seen would be disturbing to anyone, let alone someone who has a wonderful life, family, plenty of food, money, and a wonderful career. Angelina, I don't expect you to be any different than you seem; loving, sensative, and willing to do anything to help those in need.

Mark Wofford

Anytime a celebrity spends time with the our troops stationed overseas is okay with me. Now I want her to tell all her liberal friends how brave and dedicated our sons and daughters are.

Realitycheck

This is pitiful.
To the devout Christians - It has been a while since I read the Bible but I missed the part where it said that you would decide who goes to heaven or hell. You better practice your response to God when he pulls this thread up and asks you about it.
To all the 'Good Parents' - I sincerely hope that you are teaching your children how to be just as judgemental as you are. Don't forget to tell them that people that act differently are bad people and how you can only be a good parent if they act just like you.
I am not particularly fond of Angi but I'll be damned if I am going to condemn her for what she is doing over there....literally, I'LL BE DAMNED! - get it.

Mike

What 2 faced tramp! Brad Pitt sucks too! Do anything to drum up Pub. She hates the military, America and anythng to do with saving democracy. Did anyone inform skank women that Iraq is a desert! if you live there and you are a refugee there, chances are you will be in a desert refugee camp! Can anyone say, "so much for your career!"

yr

#5 Dont hate your just jealous because your fat and ugly most likey ha ha hah a

sunset

It is so sad that Angie is so addicted to the media attention. What will be her next move? Anybody want to guess? She feels so bad for all those unfortunate little children in other countires that are starving to e part of a STABLE FAMILY but is not doing the ones she adopted much good if she is not there to be their mother.or always having a nanny. There is NOTHING like real love from your own mom, even if you are adopted. Of course the children she adopted look happy. Wouldnt you if you had every thing you wanted.

Brad, I cant believe you let this women turn your life into a circus. I, for one, cant wait for the day you actually take a stand and say "enough is enough" . You and Jennifer were such a perfect match. Open your eyesand go back to her.

lizard

At least she is spending her millions on something that people benefit from. One thing that concerns me though is, she adopted her "brood" of children from around the world, what if something happens to her while she is out on her "missions of Mercy"?? Maybe she should spend the next few years taking care of her children that have been uprooted from their home countries, taken from people who they have grown to know and trust. And when they are grown then she should care about the rest of the world. It would be a shame to see something happen to her in a foreign country, then her children will be left devastated again......... OH maybe then brad and jen could raise them! LOL

LOL

She has a big mouth until one of them rag heads capture her and hold her hostage then cut her head off

Bettsie

angelina and that pitt they don't do anything unless money comes with it.I read people aren't buying those garbage hollywood rag papers and i think that's great. That's a good thing. by Martha

sacramentogirl

YOU ARE ALL SO SICK OF JEALOUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JENNZZ RETURN TO BAKING SEWING AND CANNING, IT CERTAINLY HELPS THE WORLD BE A BETTER PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

psychotwilightgirl

I would just like to say to all of the people that worship Angelina that even though some people list her so-called "achievements" that she has never really affected the passage of any laws, or done any real good for the benefit of the poor and downtrodden. All that she ever does is take pictures with these poor people. I don't wish bad on ANYONE, as it is not in my nature, but seriously, some of you out there need to wake up and pay attention. There are thousands, if not millions of less famous but more down- to - earth, well- meaning women who are actually doing things, REAL things to make a difference in humanity. Angelina may be beautiful on the outside, but inside she certainly is not. And as our mothers taught all of us, it is what is inside that truly counts.

Blah blah blah

Everything this woman does is self serving. I can' see how her trip over there is going to make any difference in the war effort or bring anything new to the attention of everyone over here. All she is doing is bringing attention to herself. She chose to bring 4 children into her life, now stay with them and raise them.

Miss Behave

she's been blowin mega carbon fumes out of her plane's ass (as usual,) in the last few days, from new york to chi-town to syria to iraq...because she can...while she and her brand of do-what-i-say, not-what-i-do hypocrites tell us to ride our bikes to work and wipe OUR asses on a 2x3 tissue. whorocrite.