Owen Pushed to Edge by Close Pal?

8/28/2007 9:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Owen Wilson may have lost it over the weekend after a "vicious quarrel" with a close friend -- though there's no word on who that friend might be.

The otherwise affable Owen, reports the New York Post, went off the deep end Sunday just after noon, and just after a "vicious quarrel with an unidentified friend." He was discovered at home by a "stunned family member," says the Post. Neither authorities nor reps would confirm reports that Wilson had attempted suicide.

As TMZ showed you yesterday, Wilson was visited by brother Andrew and actor pal Samuel L. Jackson.

Brit, LiLo, Paris Diss Teen "Award"

The unholy trinity of celebdom -- Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, and Paris Hilton -- was all set to get an award at the "Teen Choice Awards" on FOX Sunday night, but, according to Page Six, none of the girls dared to show up.

"There was originally going to be a 'Newsmakers of the Year' award" nominating the celebuwrecks for their jail-riding, head-shaving, rehab-hopping ways, says an insider. "[But] all the publicists went crazy on FOX, and they just scrapped the category." Their competition for the Newsmaker of the Year? Larry Birkhead and Sanjaya Malakar. Britney, of course, made her not-so-triumphant return to the world at last year's "Teen Awards," where she introduced her then-husband Kevin Federline's also not-so-triumphant rap debut.

Party Favors: Madonna Leads Pilgrims to Promised Land ... Cooper and Esposito Finalize Divorce ... No More Wonder Bread for Tinseltown

Madonna and family are doing the Holy Land again, making a Kabbalah-led trek to Israel for the Rosh Hashanah next month. They'll be going with thousands of students of the Kabbalah Center ... and pals like Demi Moore, Ashton Kutcher, and Donna Karan, reports the Jerusalem Post. ... Actor pair Jennifer Esposito and Bradley Cooper have agreed to end their four-month marriage, reports People, with the divorce effective in November. ... The Los Angeles Times reports that the totem of the WASP diet, Wonder Bread, will be leaving Southern California store shelves after Wonder's parent company has decided to stop making it. For many years there was a Wonder Bread bakery right in Beverly Hills.

who fuggin cares

i do know owen personally and he has been successful in wrestling with some very tough demons to get where he is. i now pray that he will be okay and that, for once, people actually respect his desire for privacy until he gets it all sorted. if you want an unpleasant result, keep nosing around and throwing cameras in his face. for once, a celebrity isn't courting your attention.

Mark

# 5 You said it well!!!

pepper

Jesus!
What movies are you people watching?
You call him an actor?
The guy sucks as an actor and he sucks at killing himself

Lenn K.

#5 And you don't know him personally. The guy played women, but I guess that 's alright with you. No, I don't know Owen nor have I ever met him just like you but I have a right to my own opinion just like you. Too bad he tryed to take him own life, but sometimes the way we live is the problem in our life!!!

jewish smewish,,

i was watching Owen Wilson in Zoolander last nite and it reminded me of y he was my favorite actor when he was still an underdog (sorta). i hope he recovers and i wish him the best in his personal life as well.

Just wasted my time

Peeved at people who MUST express vile innappropriate
sentiments about another's situation ie Owen Wilson

Glisten Garbor

Who has a fight with a friend and then tries to kill themselves. That just doesn't sound right..back to the drawing board TMZ.

SwordsWoman

Hang in there, Owen....You've got a lot of people praying for you. I've been where you are. I attempted suicide in '91...Thank God I got some help....I'm living proof that you can come back even better and happier!
Sending prayers your way.

Glisten Garbor

Take the Wonder Bread off the shelves and bring back Pepperidge Farm Breads to Socal..

JJ

WHO CARES?
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAD A LIFE OF A HOLLYWOOD ACTOR.....DRUGS, WOMAN AND TALKING ABOUT POLITICS YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT. HE'S NOT THE GUY HE PLAYS IN THE MOVIES BUT I WISH HIM WELL ANYWAY.

Tangie

#5---Everybody has the right to their own opinion, be it good or bad, you have no right trying to force yours on everyone!

Tangie

And to all you people supporting #5's censorship, you should consider what America stands for--freedom of speech. This is a blog, you have no right telling others how to think or feel. And you contribute to the media frenzy by commenting at all.

Brandy

Owen Wilson has asked for his privacy........GIVE THE DUDE HIS PRIVACY!!!

I hope you are doing well Owen, I hope things work out for you, I hope you find the peace you need, I hope you know you are a terrific actor.

And if you really did try to take your own life I hope you take a step back and see that your life is precious....and realize all we really have is HOPE!

Take care of yourself.....lean on your family, they are your rock!! Love ya man!!!

Sillyme

Jake Gyllenhaal

cupcake

#5 and his/her supporters: Get real! Anything is fair game in the media. That's nothing new either.

I feel for Owen and I can honestly say I've been there, but to think the media won't be all over something like this is just naive. I do hope they give him a bit of space though. It just doesn't seem right to hound him and his family at a time like this.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments