Britney Tanks, Then Breaks the Law

8/29/2007 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be time for Britney Spears to hire a new driver!

With Sean Preston and Jayden James disapprovingly shaking their tiny little heads in the backseat of her brand-new white Mercedes, the popwreck's lazy Tuesday came to a screeching halt in Beverly Hills when her ride suddenly ran out of gas! Oh, that's what the flashing gas thingy on my dashboard means, y'all!

Fortunately for Brit, who wasn't driving at the time, several Beverly Hills cops just happened to be in the area and helped push the whip to a nearby gas station.

But Brit's luck with Johnny Law didn't last too long. Just a short time later, after Brit went back home to chill out, the self-described "braniac" behind the wheel, returned to the Bev -- where she was slapped with a parking ticket!

It's just the latest in a string of recent driving problems for the Britster, but at least she didn't hit anybody this time!

brat

I wish someone would take those innocent children away from her before she hurts one of them due to her many issues! If it was anyone of us those kids would have been long gone. Someone should be protecting them, not worrying about litlle miss star.

lolo

She lives in a freakin' mansion.......just stay home for a month....lay low. She needs to get out of the limelight for a bit......just so it's not like every flippin day there is another story. She has enough resources available to her that she could do that if she chose.....she must not want to.

papergirl500

Hey, anonymous, no one put a gun to to your head to vsit this site! I mean sometimes I think some over do it when it comes to her but hey, this is a free country. She knows that and she knows she is gonna be filmed or photograghed. How come the rest in her age seems to be fine? Who knows, I just wish her the best and hope she makes it through this. she is a human too with 2 kids.

Janice

Oh Please! Just leave her alone! It was a parking ticket. The kids are not endangered. Why do you have to make it sound so bad.?
There are about 1million people breaking the law in this country right now and they are not even citizens!

papergirl500

Hey LuLu, I get what you are sayin, and I know she hasn't exactely helped herself but can you put yourself in that position for just one day? I don't think she is perfect but she has alot of more obsticals than the everyday person

Charlotte

It's the new generation. They are as dumb as eggplants. No morals and no common sense. Spend 5 minutes with them and you will want to off yourself.

They think Brit and Paris are cool. It's a Government cheese generation.

Nuff said.

Susan B

To shi! in a hand basket I tell ya

YOU are the sick retard..........You don't even sound human........you appear to be heartless.

I still say LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!! She does not deserve this crap. Those babies are well taken care of.... they are chubby, happy, clean little tots. I believe they are receiving quality care from Britney.

BLINKING !!

TVZ your getting as bad as perezhilton, he/said she/said. with no proof. where's the pictures. I can call you up and make a story up about BRITTNEY and you people just write whateva .SADDD.. Quick i just saw BRITTNEY PEEING IN MY BUSHES,call TMZ. rolling my eyes..

Carol

At least she does not appear to drive drunk.

papergirl500

hey idiot , you are the idiot that comes to tmx to ridicule everyone so why do you care why are you here?? go to cnn give actuall real people crap for once

Charlotte

My son just graduated from high school. He said the girls still watch Sponge Bob and look to Britney as their idol. They have an IQ of 12 and inspire to be a LILO. It explains most of the supporting comments here. It is sad they were failed by their mothers. I hope their opinions don't count with Britney's boys and they are given the chance they never got.

papergirl500

haha guess I am the idiot cause I said tmx ! TMZ sorry typo error! Strike me down now!

Charlotte

57 papergirl500

It's time for bed. There is no doubt you are to young to be here. You write like an 8 year old.

Night night sweety.

Charlotte

papergirl500

Embarrass yourself much? Dayum girl just go away.

KNDFRND7

HOPEFULLY, Miss Britney, does NOT read this TRASH! What goes on in her personal life is NOBODY'S damned business!!! SHAME ON ALL OF YOU WHO EXPLOIT THIS YOUNG LADY!

Britney, bare in mind that the ones who write TRASH have skeletons in their closets too! We all do.

MM