Britney Tanks, Then Breaks the Law

8/29/2007 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might be time for Britney Spears to hire a new driver!

With Sean Preston and Jayden James disapprovingly shaking their tiny little heads in the backseat of her brand-new white Mercedes, the popwreck's lazy Tuesday came to a screeching halt in Beverly Hills when her ride suddenly ran out of gas! Oh, that's what the flashing gas thingy on my dashboard means, y'all!

Fortunately for Brit, who wasn't driving at the time, several Beverly Hills cops just happened to be in the area and helped push the whip to a nearby gas station.

But Brit's luck with Johnny Law didn't last too long. Just a short time later, after Brit went back home to chill out, the self-described "braniac" behind the wheel, returned to the Bev -- where she was slapped with a parking ticket!

It's just the latest in a string of recent driving problems for the Britster, but at least she didn't hit anybody this time!

papergirl500

are you kidding me?? I made one typo error and thats what I get? You can take your cookies and milk . you know what never mind that just makes me sorry for people like brittney that get ridiculed on a daily basis by people like you. Kinda sad.

Kate

Why Is the public so fasinated with her movements are they trying to put her in an early
grave too! What is the problem with society now a days? Give the privacy that 'any' citizen
deserves! Leave her alone! Find another subject or better yet look at your own difficultlies
and concentrate on improving them!! JMo

papergirl500

Oh, arn't you so cool justin what with that name you can't be more than 25?

papergirl500

I have to add I m 36 so maybe I am too young to be here justin, you tell me?

papergirl500

oh, we all know that

papergirl500

you know what i am gonna say one more thing,. Giver her some time. I love brttiney and i think she is fine and will get through this. I'm a believer (that should be the name of her next album)

The_Verminator

The Supreme Court will one day rule Brit as obscene- not her act... her!
She has no redeeming social value whatsoever.

web

STOP STALKEING HER, AND SHE WON'T BE A NERVOUS WRECK ALL THE TIME!

Just wondering

Thanks Harry.

I thought that is what I read...Brit wasn't driving, Brit didn't run out of gas,and Brit DID NOT get the ticket. HER DRIVER DID!

However, after reading a dozen of these ugly, nasty comments, I went back and read it again.

Evidently, the majority of you people are incapable of comprehending what you read.

I suppose TMZ will just keep bashing Brit. How me TMZ, where are the pictures, where is a copy of the ticket? What's the name of the driver?

Is this story even true, and if it is, how is Brit responsible for any of it? Seems to me, it should be the driver who is responsible for checking the gas tank, and being careful where he or she parks.

What a useless story!

Rhonda

The ones whom posted comments regarding her needing to do what Owen has .... It is clear that you perhaps need your head examined !! Any human who would get a kick from this is SICK... The only story in this is that Britney has a new vehicle (Kfed did not take all her money at least) -proof that girl does have a brain. Good for you Britney and enjoy your new ride !!

rwh

If something happens to this woman, I believe that TMZ and sites like this, should be held accountable for murder. I really do. What would it take for TMZ to be supportive for once? This young woman is in trouble. WHY does TMZ seem to keep pushing and pushing until the poor woman steps over the edge?

Blah blah blah

That's real smart #17, you must be such a sad, sorry soul.

DARLENE MCAULEY

GET A LIFE TMZ ! IS THIS BS WORTH REPORTING? MUST OF BEEN A DRY NIGHT FOR GOSSIP. A TICKET & RUN OUT OF GAS....EWWWH...FRONT PAGE NEWS

tba

For those of you who say the press should leave her alone, you still don’t get it. She doesn’t want to be left alone. She enjoys the spotlight and the attention that she’s not getting on stage. If she truly wanted to be left alone, she wouldn’t be clubbing in the late hours or even living in the “bad press” capital of the world. At the present time, this is the only way she remains on top of people’s minds. I would offer, it’s not the kind of image she should be building and she’s probably one major incident way from being in a straight-jacket. But, it’s the life she chooses for better or worse.

Blah blah blah

I tend to think Brittney enjoys being hounded by the paps. It wouldn't take much to get them off her back. Just lay low for a while and they will move on to another victim. She is playing a dangerous game with her children in tow. Look what happened to Princess Diana. Doesn't matter who is being pursued or why, it can have a tragic ending. Maybe she should let her people take care of issues outside of her home and stay in for a while. It couldn't be anything like a prison, for those of you saying she would be a prisoner in her own home. I'm sure there are many rooms and a vast amount of land to privately roam on,