Drama at Paris' Pad

8/29/2007 6:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There has been something of a snag in the sale of Paris Hilton's Hollywood Hills pad.
Paris' house
TMZ has learned the house did not appraise for the sale price. Although there are reports it went into escrow for $4.2 mil, Paris' realtor, Mauricio Umansky from the firm Hilton & Hyland, tells us the purchase price is just under that amount.

Umansky, Paris' uncle, acknowledged the highest appraisal the buyer got was $3.6 million. Here's where it gets kind of interesting: Umansky says the purchase price includes furniture and chandeliers totaling between $600,000 and $700,000. He said one chandelier is made by Baccarat -- and only 12 were made. That piece alone is worth 40K.

Umansky says the buyers, a married couple from Texas, will pay the agreed-upon purchase price. He says they're paying mostly cash -- the loan is for $1 million. As a result, Umansky says the appraisal doesn't really mean squat. Umansky tells us the couple will get the keys next week.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

aSiF

Why is it that one is called “jealous” if they disagree or have an opposing viewpoint? It’s a lame attempt to shut a person down. I am hardly “jealous” of “celebs” who think they are entitled by the mere fact they were born into money or made a freakin’ movie. I’m not broke, I’m not fat, I have a loving spouse with great kids and family – OH and I actually work for a living. No need for me to be jealous. I say rock on haters!

todd lissner anti adult anti wholesomeness activist-----(kadintodd2@aol.com)

Your comments: PARIS,COULDI PLEASE HAVE THE HOUSE 4 FREE???IM A POOR
DISABLED SICK
BOYAND I WOULD ENJOY THAT VERY MUCH!!!!
----------------------------------------------

Flaviana

It would appear that even the Hilton fortune cannot buy good taste for poor little Paris. Who would even WANT the furnishings and accessories in that house, except to have a GIANT garage sale and make some bucks off of all of it?

name withheld

Wow, that was so informative of him to give us all that "priceless" information.

v

Umm..the decor is pretty tacky... ..she seemed to use the idea that bigger is better.

Gregsta`

Paris OMG your house is ok but not worth 4+ mill.
I might pay it if you brought me breakfeast in bed
wearing your jailbird clothes....that's hot!!!!!=)lol

Big Bear

The appraisal was skewed because of the removal of sleazy parass's disease ridden items!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONTINO MAURIZIO 17 FEBRUARY 1980

spurs the donkeys are more cunning than you.
because you are you a loser for all of your stupid life
you stupid
ha ha ha ha ha

Catsy2

Howard... #62

Give Kathy Hilton a call, plus Hilton's publicists and business advisors; then get a conference table the size of a football stadium to hold your board meetings. Paris isn't the "genius" business woman here...she has a herd of people doing a lot of the work for her.

alex litrov

Paris Hilton picked up the photograph of Marilyn Monroe (shown in your
story about the selling of her home) at the restaurant at Fred Segal's on
Melrose. It's by famous Hollywood photographer Murray Garrett whose
photographs are being exhibited at the restaurant and going for fancy
prices. Garrett was one of Hollywood's top photogs in the 50's and 60's
and has two coffee table books featuring every top star of the golden days.
The Monroe picture is on the cover of his first book. Visit www.photographers
gallery.com and indicate Murray Garrett.

James

Looks like a creepy home. I would never move into that home. I mean, has that couple seen all those tapes of her doing drugs? The home is obviously infected and needs to be disinfected. They should check the basement too. There may still be meth lab. materials left behind. If they were to dig deep somewhere, I'm sure they'll find some kind of drug or pipe or something. Why didn't Paris take her Hollywood Hills furniture into her Malibu pad? I think because all her sofas are perfectly stained with battery acid, dry semen, smelly blood, and amounts of cocaine here and there. Umansky, better have bought Paris some furniture too. It's time to waste away the Malibu pad. You know you kicked her out that home yourself and offered the Malibu home.

Imagine Paris stops by at her old home one day, drunk, and is all like, "can I sleep over? I used to live here. Tinkerbell is tired too. Thanks, bitch."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5