Clooney: Obama's Like a Rock Star

9/1/2007 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Clooney's got a little crush on Obama. The two-time Sexiest Man Alive threw his considerable charm behind presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

"You've been in a room once in a while with a rock star. He walks into the world, and he takes your breath away. I'd love him to be president, quite honestly," said Clooney on Friday at the Venice Film Festival premiere of his legal thriller, "Michael Clayton."

Clooney attended a fundraiser for Obama in February, but also had kind words to say about the other candidates -- and even ruminated as to whether "Inconvenient Truth"-er Al Gore would toss his hat in the race.

Usher: Meet My Son, Usher

R&B crooner/cougar-lover Usher Raymond and his pregnant bride, Tameka Foster, don't know if they're having a boy or a girl, but he's gunnin' for a son.

If he gets his way, he's naming the little tyke after -- who else? -- himself. "I'm hoping to name him that. I've been playing with a few names. I'm the fourth. Usher Raymond IV. I just want to pass the name on. Maybe I'll change the middle name," said Raymond on the Ellen DeGeneres show, reports People.

Raymond and Foster married last month in a civil ceremony, but are planning to tie-the-knot -- again -- in an over-the-top ceremony in Atlanta this weekend.

Firth Stalker Nabbed

Oh, Mr. Darcy! An unidentified employee for the Royal Mail in London was arrested last week for harassing Brit actor and "Bridget Jones" love interest, Colin Firth.

Us reports that the mailwoman was taken into custody for stalking the BBC hottie. She had recently applied to move her mail delivery route in order to deliver his mail, and had also lied about meeting him on a Firth fan site. Imagine, lying on the Internet!

Party Favors...John Travolta's Mobile Mishap...With Love from the Brady Bunch...

Eyes rolled and fingers wagged when John Travolta forgot to turn off his cell phone during the New York premiere of wife Kelly Preston's new film, "Death Sentence." Reports Page Six, his celly-cell rang twice during the beginning of the film, which also stars Kevin Bacon. "It was really loud," said a fellow filmgoer, "a few people were harshly hushing."..."America's Next Top Model" season one winner, Adrianne Curry, and her "Surreal Life" hubby, Christopher Knight, hung out at the Mirage last night with his Brady Bunch big bro, Barry Williams. The trio caught an early performance of The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil.

TM

Elections are bad enough, now we have to have Oprah and other celebs tell us how to vote for the next year.
More important why do I have to read in a gossip column about who a celeb wants for President? We already know TMZ doesn't like conservative celebs but will show these liberal celeb views weekly now?

Brittany

Is it me or does Usher's wife not even look like she's pregnant? She's supposed to be like in the second trimester, right? She's not even showing. I know pregnancy progresses at different rates, but she's not showing in the least bit. I'm starting to think she's not pregnant at all. I'm four months pregnant, and I have a little baby bump. It's still visible. Something seems shady about the whole thing.

Glisten Garbor

Yes we do need the Clintons back in the White House..I made a lot of money in the stock market while Bill was in office.

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

Clooney talks like a true Hollywood elitist who is out of touch with the majority of the country. It seems like his support of Obama is based on image & glitz and not on anything of real substance. I wish all celebrities would just shut-up and sing, act, dance or whatever else it is they do, and stay out of politics.

Laurie

Clooney is a friend and admirer of Fidel Castro, the world's longest reigning dictator. Apparently Obama holds the Castroite values that give George goosebumps.

5 cent

It doesn't matter what George Clooney thinks. It's the other George -- Soros, who controls the Democratic party now. He wants Hillary so a Hillary he will get!

skunk

I think the lady changing her mail route would make a great film idea for Mr Firth's next project!!!! ps he was in a film at our house and my mum stalked him!

Democrats are evil

It's all in the name and it's no coincidence that George's name spells the word "Looney". He can vote for who ever he wants. Just learn to respect the people who win regardless of whether you voted for them or not. Democrats are bought and sold by the money rich Libs and if you want a truly safe America, you should elect a candidate that Love's America first and themselves second. Moveon.org has you in their sights. I hope America is not that stupid but I'm beginning to worry.

Terry

Oboma has no experience what so ever, Hollywood has chosen a new token / cause and will all jump on weather they really believe or not.
I don't think many care who celebrity's back politically now days.They will not be as effected as we the majority will be by those decisions.

Not interested in Usher article because the guy blamed the press when it was he who had cold feet, as well he should have.

Cirque du Soleil freaks using the Beatles anything is disturbing. I guess the audience can close their eyes and pretend they are not seeing scary mimes stalking around to Yellow Submarine.

what.ever.

I am sorry Colin, i'll never stalk you again!

Now can i be your mail lady?

Bubbles

Obama isn't even remotely qualified to be President, and I'm tired of so much media attention being wasted on him. Let him work in the Senate for ten or fifteen years, then run. He wants the top job without learning what it takes to do it right.

And I hope Hillary doesn't pick Obama as her VP. If she does, then that will reflect poor judgment.

Natasha

Amore mio George Clooney. what a man.

jackanory

The lady stalking Colin Firth has not *just* been delivering his mail.
More likely following his, and his young family's every move!
One scary lady!

DLC

Remember the good old days when George Clooney was a down to earth likable person?
I am so sick of a bunch of overpaid jerks using their celebrity to preach politics to the "great unwashed". Why do celebrities think the Americans who spend hard earned cash on their movies, music and products and make them rich need them to expose us to issues with their mighty fame? (or spend even more of our cash on their causes. We made you rich, YOU donate to the cause)
GC may make more money than me, but when it comes to politics we are on a level playing field, one vote each. Just be handsome, George, we can decide for ourselves.

(for the record, my vote is for all the canidates stink and we are all $crewed.)

Alena

Usher and Tameka? In that picutre...are they looking at her shoe's? Because the B*tch ain't showing yet....so they can't be looking at her baby bump?........am I the only one who thinks this picture is lame?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments