Kobe's $21,000 Bubbly Bill

9/3/2007 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe BryantKobe Bryant is known for being a tough competitor -- but in the club?!

Basketballin' Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, were at Friday night's grand opening of BLUSH Boutique Nightclub at the Wynn in Las Vegas, when he saw poker player Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari kick in for two bottles of $1,400 Cristal champagne. According to sources inside the club, Kobe wasn't about to be shown up by some puny little card player -- and kicked in for five bottles. Antonio, who's used to upping the ante, then switched his order to ten! Go big or go home!

Kobe ended the competition when he purchased an astounding 15 bottles -- and then left the club! Just to put Bryant's baller status into perspective -- Kobe's $21,000 bill still doesn't cover what NBA and gambling legend Charles Barkley drops on one hand of blackjack!

Cliff

You would think that someone in Kobe Bryant's position would not be so insecure to do something like this. It isn't our place to say how he should spend his money, but his display of wealth just shows the lack of education that a multi-millionaire NBA player has. I really think that these overpaid players should get a lesson in philanthropy from people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, who have considerably more, yet give billions of dollars away per year to help society. Why not donate that $21k to an inner city school or start up a scholarship fund in your name? I don't want to make this a race thing, but this sounds like something that a wannabe rapper would do. Sad.

Kobe_No_Means_No

Haha, so many haters on TMZ. Before you all start splashin' Haterade around, check out all the charities I'm involved in. I care about the community, and I care about those in need. I agree I splurged a big on Friday night, but it was well worth it. I had a good time with my wife and everybody at the club was havin' a ball. To put things in perspective, that was like the first time I've been out with my wife in the past year. I've dedicated most of my summer to Team U.S.A., and I've spent the rest of my time for charity. I'll be heading to Beijing to promote my upcoming new shoe, so fun times like last Friday was a rare event. To all my fans on TMZ, thanks for all the support through the good times and the bad... Kobe knows and remembers. To all the haters out there, hey checkout my TMZ screen name... that should at least get a laugh out of you guys :-)

boredwell

p diddy/sean combs bought a $30,000 bottle of champagne while in St Tropez. He shook the bottle,uncorked it and frothed it over his guests in the restaurant he had rented out for the night. they didn't even drink it! just showered in it.

JJ

ANOTHER CREEP WHO ESCAPED JAIL.....NO JUSTICE NO PEACE (Isn't that what everyone says now?)

alex

arrogant...if he wasn't a basketball player, he'd be in prison somewhere.

Lakers fan

#4, and #7 and the rest of the haters that are hating on the best basketball player ever. Let me give you piece of advice get a LIFE. For all of you who are supposed to be adults your comments are immature and petty. It seems to me that you are hating on this man because he has money, he's gorgeous and he is doing something with his life. While you losers are sitting back complaining that your life isn't fair. Let me give you a tip: GO TO THERAPY YOU NEED IT!!! I LOVE YOU KOBE!!!!

Lakers fan

#15. YOU ARE A BOMB!!! STOP HATING ON THE BEST B-BALL PLAYER. GET A LIFE AND A JOB AND MAYBE ONEDAY YOU WILL BE HAPPY. IF NOT JUST KILL YOURSELF.

steph

lol! Kobe's such a loser. He's a freak with a robot for a wife.

Lakers fan

#19 YOU ARE A PERVERT WHO ALSO HAS NO LIFE.

niccotte

myspace.com/adonisrouse - this guy looks like crap

Lakers fan

#19. YOU ARE THE FREAK AND LOSER WHO HAS NO LIFE. I WILL SEND YOU SOME APPLICATIONS ON HOW TO BE A HUMAN BEING. MAYBE ONE DAY YOU CAN BE ONE.

Angie

Dang, some serious haters on here. The man is rich. Rich people tend to enjoy their wealth once in awhile.

KGY

quit hating on kobe. true spending that kind of jack on alcohol to impress someone is very sad. not on;y kobe but there are many fortunate people with jack who should think about the less lucky. i could be wrong, i dont and i dont think anyone knows where his jack goes. we are the greatest country in the world, why do we have starving families?

killa'bro

750ml 1999/Current Vintage $350.00 Roederer Cristal
1.5L 1997/Current Vintage $670.00

15 bottles - Kobe sayz' $21,000 .... youz try to do the da mat'

ol' Kobe always good with ta' cipherin'

lola

# 17 19 20 Your the one that needs THERAPY. Stop LOVING a MAN THAT YOU never have. In less he rapes you too. You need to get a Life and a job. ask kobe to help you pay for it . By the way how much is he paying you to say all that .