Halle Berry

... Baby on Board!

9/4/2007 8:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0904_halle_ex_tmz_01-1TMZ has learned that producers of the upcoming Lionsgate film "Tulia" have scrapped plans to start filming in October -- as the film's star, Halle Berry, is three months pregnant!

A source close to the production tells us Berry, 41, who is currently dating hottie model Gabriel Aubry, was set to star in the movie about the drug and racial profiling scandal in Tulia, Texas. The film, which was scheduled for a 2008 release, was to be directed by John Singleton and also starred Billy Bob Thornton.

We're told the project has not been shelved entirely; producers may decide to pick it up at a later date.

UPDATE: Halle Berry has confirmed the news of her pregnancy to "Access Hollywood." Congrats!

One Love

Well, in all fairness I think that Lindsay, Paris and Britney were all born to parents who were wed before they had them, so they're on their own. I too have noticed an increasing number of babies being born out of wedlock (sounds so old-fashioned). But to each his own, and if the baby is happy and healthy and hopefully both parents raise the baby with love and respect , that's all you can ask for. And who knows, her bf may be around for the long-haul...

Cam

I'll be 41 in a few weeks, and I'm in the best shape I've ever been in. Although I'm naturally thin I still eat right and exercise to keep myself fit in toned. I wear the same size 3 that I wore when I was in high school. I have two children age 16 and 9.

I would like to have another child, but after much thought and consideration, I think it's too risky. Older women regardless of how healthy they are have a higher risk of complications and babies born with birth defects such as down syndrome. I may adopt in the future, but I don't think I'll take a chance and give birth again.

iluvmy4mandms

first i would like to say " it's about time "

i think she will make a great mom, and then she'll say why didn't do this sooner.

God Bless and best Wishes To Halle and Her Family :)

Kat

I had my last one at 39 years old. I am 43 now, and I am still fertile. My grandmother had her last at 46. A woman can still conceive after 40.

Kat

My sister is 45, and she has a 4 year old daughter.

Tangie

#60----You don't have the intelligence to make the kind of money it takes to support me, granny.

Rosie the chauvinist

I believe that Kate Hudson has had plastic surgery, just like her mother Goldie had big plastic surgery. If the parent is odd or ugly, stands to reason that the child will need surgical correction, too, if they are trying to conform to some standard of appearance. Now her baby might need some help when he grows older, but being a guy, will probably have an easier time getting away with odd looks.

About the marriage before babies, sure. Marriage was invented to give protection to women and babies. That's why with no marriages we see thousands of "baby mamas" and no baby daddies anywhere around.

Bird

CONGRATS HALLE!! I'm hoping she will start a trend. Some of my favorite celebs are getting up in age and don't have children yet like Mariah, Janet, Queen La & Mary J. Husbands are a lovely thing, but marraige is not a sure thing in America, even among regular folk and all marraiges are not good. Its better to have two parents who love you seperately than to have them together and everyone is miserable.

Bird

Oh yeah, I'm 39 and I have a 14 year old sister and its not because my dad went out and got a tenderoni. My stepmom was 45 when she had my little sis and she is perfectly healthy.

Cam

I've discussed having another baby with my husband, but I really think it's too risky at 41.

Dan

Oh well, they're not married, big deal... and if they were to get married the issue would be that it was an interracial marriage... everyone is so quick to jump to judgment!

***

great, another 1/2 breed, oreo bastard kid in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too many of welfare babies already.

YUCK

To Kat #65- Some olders moms in their 40s even late 30s (if they age quickly) can look like the baby's Grandmother. Oh they do not see it, but outsiders do LOL. I have seen many old mothers with toddlers and thought it was the Grandmother. Then, the Mom gets embarassed. But hey, it IS old to have a baby ! Old eggs. Old dads and moms- Rise of retarded kids with autism . (classic Autism). .

Kat

No, I don't look that old. Many of us do look old when we have children in our 40s. My husband is 33, and we have been married since 1998. We first met in June of 1996. I don't look bad. Most people think I am around 35. I think it is based on one's family history in how they look and if the children get birth defects et al.

Gaffy

Down through the ages, millenia women have children, regardless of age or marital status. It is preferred that the child has a stable father and mother. But wars have killed daddies; childbirth have killed mommies. Did anyone notice that death due to childbirth is on the rise? We welcome Halle's baby news. Certainly I do. I am a devout Christian. But one marries someone because you LOVE them, NOT because the mother is pregnant!!! The vows are two people before God, not humankind. Maybe if we incorporate a little more spirituality and less self into our relationship with each other, the blogs will be less villified.