O'Reilly OK with Talking to Rita Cosby

9/4/2007 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned that FOX News' righty flamethrower, Bill O'Reilly, is still planning to interview Rita Cosby about her controversial Anna Nicole book, legal threat or no threat -- even though the "Today" show pulled the plug on their interview this morning, after getting a searing letter threatening legal action from Howard K. Stern's lawyer, Lin Wood.
O'reilly, rita cosby
We're told that Cosby has confirmed her appearance on "The O'Reilly Factor" this evening and is scheduled to appear on several other news and talk shows this week. Early this morning, "Today" backed out of its sit-down with Cosby after Wood threatened to sue the program for any false information that she might pour forth during her talk with Matt Lauer.

mike

By the way...Mat Lauer is a gutless worm
And Viera is still & always will be a boring turd

Jill

If you're in the inner circle, you peddle the spin, re., Art Harris No independent journalist CAVES to such blatant, unconstitutional threats as those by Lin Wood, except cowards like Dan Abrams, who was richly rewarded by Lin Wood with the scoop of Karr's arrest, one of the biggest frauds in law enforcement history. Abrams got what he deserved with that "scoop", a huge black eye journalistically.

5th grader

lmao

I KNEW IT WAS COMING .....

GO RITA.....

the today show pussed out.

JJ

JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT BILL O'REILLY IS THE REAL DEAL ON TV....YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE THE GUY BUT AT LEAST HE DOESN'T "PICK THE NEWS" FOR YOU LIKE NBC, CBS, ABC AND CNN

Joe

Do you think O'Reilly will actually shut up for 2 seconds and let Rita Cosby talk? If Ted Turner was the "Mouth of the South", O'Reilly is the "Mouth of Manhattan". No Spin Zone my ass... his TV and radio shows are nothing BUT spin! If you say something he doesn't like on his radio show he calls you an idiot and hangs up on you. He carefully selects which viewer mail to read on TV.,. do you think he would ever pick them randomly? Never!! And he constantly interrupts and belittles guests. Fair and balanced? Hardly.

hjp

that Rita horribly reminds me of Rita Skeeter from Harry Potter....
scary "journalists"

I am just remember

29. ANYONE WHO WATCHS BILL O'REILLY AND BELIEVES WHAT HE SAYS IF IGNORANT
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look who's talking can't even make a sentence that makes sense!! in the know
looks who's talking. What he says "IF" ignorant? Funnnnnnie.

tba

OK, let's say Stern and Birkhead sucked each other off....what do you all want to know...did they swallow? I'm sure none of you have engage in anykind of oral sex. You all love the lurid detail and probably "get off' hearing about it....get a life

TheONE

Your time has come Howard K Stern ....I knew there was always something fishie about that guy ..

Allred Tree

I can't wait to see the interview of Rita Cosby, the three time Emmy winning journalist or to read her book.

Stern and Birkhead's attempt at aborting our First Amendment rights is despicable; who are they to censor the public's right to know.

The timing could not be better. The ridiculous money-making publicity stunt being disguised as a one year birthday party for Dannielynn is this weekend. The one year anniversary of her brother Daniel's death is Monday, Sept.10 - the same day TMZ will be making their television debut.

Will Harvey Levin be silenced and censored by Stern and Birkhead?

Here comes the judge

I don't beleive Larry & Howard were lovers. It just doesn't make any sense.

Connie

I would like to know why Rita got fired in the first place.......
and why now when it's Dannielynn's first Birthday. I hope they take every book and burn them for Dannielynn's sake... She has enough heartache already.

Rae

Who cares if they might gay or not. It really doesn't change a thing. Larry Birkhead is the father of Dannielynn. He would have no reason to "buy" her from anyone.

hurl

I love the posters who keep say - Three time Emmy award winning journalist-. ROFL!
Um, any local news reporter can get an Emmy. Heck, the local meteorologist can get one. It doesn't make you some righteous know-it-all that can't write a book full of crap.

I don't think you realize how little it means to win a news Emmy where credibility is concerned.

Reine

I don't always watch O'reilly in it's entirety but I will be watching this show. Although I may get angry with O'Reilly, he is good. As far as Rita, she tends to gossip a little too much but I do like her. I hope, for her sake, she's telling the truth because she will end up with a fat lawsuit & I wouldn't blame Larry. If these are lies, he should go after Rita.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments