Haley Joel -- Hitting Books Instead of Mailboxes

9/5/2007 2:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Last year at this time, Haley Joel Osment was recovering from a mailbox-smashing car accident stemming from a DUI. This year, he's just another college sophomore.

TMZ cameras caught the now 19-year-old "Sixth Sense" star walking around NYU yesterday, where he told our photog that he had a few movies lined up for the end of the year ... between Theater and History class. I study dead people!

Last October, Osment plead no contest to one count of driving his Saturn under the influence of alcohol and one count of possession of marijuana, after a scary crash that left the child star with a broken rib. He was sentenced to three years probation, 60 hours of rehab and six months of AA meetings.

Jewels

He lacks "SIX SENSE!"

Carl

Good for him, at least he's in College.

Balderdash

He has a few movies lined up for the end of the year? Which ones does he plan on seeing?

Yuck

He was such a cutie pie when he was a little boy!!!!!!!!!!!

He isn't any worse than the rest of the Hollyweird Brats, At least he's going to school!!!!!!!

rachel

Who?

Buster

What the hell happend to him? Damm time sure flies.

tony

How come all of the questions on tmz videos sounds so retarded. Can't you get photographers and interviewers that have a brain?

snowblood

Wait - what? A Saturn?? His car was a Saturn? I am so confused, I was under the impression that Haley Joel Osmont was extremely well-off. I do not get it - a Saturn? I mean, sure I get the whole child-star-effs-up thing, of course, but not the part about the car. It's totally incongruous. Child stars are weird...

Here comes the judge

"I SEE DEAD PEOPLE""

Jack

Good for Haley going to NYU // I'm sure he will succeed and be happy. Best wishes to you in your education!!!

JOEL.AMONI.BARONDELEZA

Hihowaryou.mylmfan.howpostcar.ofgtty.sandmy.docoment.bel.ledeng.invoese.ofmy.adresess
sankyou