Beaten Televangelist: I Love Him, But I'm Dumpin' Him!

9/6/2007 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He allegedly kicked, choked and stomped her, but televangelist/beating victim Juanita Bynum says she still loves her husband. Oh, God.

In an interview with FOX 5 Atlanta, Bynum talked about the almighty beatdown Bishop Thomas W. Weeks gave her in an Atlanta airport hotel parking lot last month -- and the divorce is now in progress. Can I get an amen?!

Bynum admits, "My love for him, separating what I experienced in that parking lot ... it's so much until I think I can marry him twice, but this one is over." Hallelujah!

Bynum also said it wasn't the first time her preacher hubby, who has since been charged with felony aggravated assault and making terrorist threats, had gotten physical with her -- though this last altercation was by far the worst. And apparently, his last.

Amazing

God has a way of exposing people, and this just might be it. Look at the life of Jesus and look at the life of the evangelists. Not that they should not have blessings and a degree of prosperity. But all these His & Her Lear jets, mansions, huge diamond rings, etc. - I don't think so.
Feed some of those hungry children in Africa. I see white preachers digging wells and giving that white, sloppy stuff to children, not even plastic spoons to eat with, and I see NO black preachers over there. Not that I watch tv 24/7, but they could do so much for people in need, instead of strutting around in their striped gangster 3-piece suits. They have become rock stars.. And then, people have the nerve to criticize Oprah for helping out.

I WANT to send money, and I am thinking about "Feed the Children" but there are so many scams, I don't know which one to send to.

Desease control

hey are those real tears or those exploding water packs as used on Tv by soap actors?

Now that I know th TV preachers arent real men and woman of God I just dont know what is real any more.

I know God is real I just cant seem to find him .

Desease control

i wanted to know jesus as my Lord and savoiur so I turned on a chriastin TV show

and I lessoned to juanita speak.

I send t in the money she aksed for and I still do not know the Lord nor have I been Blessed

do you think it would be so wrong of me to ask Ms Juanita for my money back

I need it to pay my rent.

Jo mamma

You all need to lay off the lady... Just because you are a "preacher" doesn't mean your life will be sinless and perfectly an example to all... She is a HUMAN. Preachers usually have MORE issues that you never hear about, BECAUSE the devil is working overtime in their lives, so he can discredit them.

Do any of you actually know what she preaches? She isn't a "prosperity" preacher. She preaches HOLINESS. YES, she talks about prosperity from time to time, BUT GUESS what?? Prosperity is BIBLICAL. Read the Word, you'll be amazed!! Read Deuteronomy (i think chapter 28) when God lists all of Abraham's BLESSINGS. After Jesus died for our sins, we, the gentiles, can HAVE the blessings of Abraham. $$$ is part of that!! Why is it OK for a SPORTS player to make gazillions of dollars for playing GAMES, but preachers are supposed to live in poverty?? That makes NO sense. Why would GOD as our FATHER want His children POOR? He'd be a LOUSY father. BUT guess what, he wants His people BLESSED. Why would a sinner want to join the ranks of Christianity if he was supposed to be a poor loser with nothing?

Y'all need to wake up and THINK, because if YOU had the ability to give your child whatever they wanted, and yet you chose to keep your own child in poverty, you'd go to jail for neglect. BUT for some reason you all think preachers aren't allowed to be blessed by God. It isnt the PREACHERS fault that people who give them $$$ arent RICH. Maybe they aren't OBEYING the Bible?!? What a concept!! Obedience to God. The Bible says to OBEY. God can't bless you JUST because you give $$$ to a preacher. You have to back it up with ACTION, obedience to the Word of God.

The double standard for preachers is really ridiculous. People who PLAY all day are OK to be loaded beyond belief, but a preacher?? Preaching the Bible, teaching God's word in order to save people from HELL?? Oh yeah, they should be living in a box under a bridge.... yeah.. They don't deserve to be rich... Uh-huh..

Desease control

Yes, I too lessoned to MsBymnun preach.

I want to give my life over to the Lord
but she never said the sinnrs prayer or anything about that.
She did howerver ask me for some moeny I gave the 40$
i had on me and hoped for the best.

I am worried about my sinnful life and wanted savation

all she said to do was for us to keep doing what were doing and bring the money we make to her. I already have a Pimp.
I came to church to get out of that .
Now I dont even want to try church any more.

my soul well be lost forever.

Its not a big eal to MS. bynum but to GodI think it is.

Desease control

i wenat to church and so I could find love and support and learn the teaching of the Bibles and7 hqave a peronal realtioship with Jesus

Bef I could enter the church I was approached by a man who
said he belongs to the church and I should buy some of his diet pills beacuse it would help support the church I said no thanks

I tryed to enter the church but I was blocked by a woman
selling a music CD I said no thanks

once I fianly got into the church I was asked for a donation to bulid on to the church

i SAID i HAD BEEN DEPRESSED AND NOT WRKING AND DIDNT HAVE ANY MONEY AT THIS TIME

THE PASTOR SAID PLEASE COME SEE US AGIN WHEN YOU HAVE SOME MONEY

WE CANT HELP YOU OUT TODAY GOOD BYE ND GOD BLESS

needless to say i never went to church agin

but I did enjoy he free samples of diet pils sendt to me via the church.

cubalibre

Please. I knew she was gonna dump him the minute she said she "wished him the best". Those are kickin'-to-the-curb words! Maybe she should've saved herself the trouble (& the no-doubt expensive divorce) and just pulled a Mary Winkler on his hypocritical dumb a$$. With those bruises, bumps & scratches he left on her, she'd have gotten off with even less time than little Mary did!

Nancy

#5 I agree with you.

Lourdes

Whats love got to do with it?

Desease control

i was lost and hurting. I thought that it was beacuse of my lifestyle and wanted to change. I bought the books and tapes from the church and went home to read them
but then my boyfriend came by and said it wasnt a good idea that thee church folks would make fun of me so I threw the books and tapes away.

church folks only want people in thier church that are like them church folks

its not realy open to outsiders you know,. folks like me who want to gET SAVED.

If there is a God hes notin the Churchs of Today

Jo mamma

You people. I don't get it. It is the PREACHERS fault for the state of your soul?? A preacher can't save you. Only Jesus can!! When you stand before God, he isn't going to talk to you about a TV preacher. He wants to talk to you alone about YOUR life and what YOU chose to do with it. If you live a sinful life, you can't pay your way out of that. REPENT from your sins. Turn your OWN life around. YOU make your own choices and CHOSE not to sin anymore!! There is NO sin Jesus won't forgive if you ASK Him. There is no magic prayer to pray. Just talk to God. Ask Him to help you turn your life around. Make better choices!! It's called personal responsibility!! You can't blame another person if you go to hell. We are individually responsible for our own salvation.

Do you "God haters" actually THINK anyone believes all these ridiculous, lying stories about churches turning you away because you didn't have money??? Give me a break. How utterly stupid. If you truly want to "find" God, you don't need to go to a CHURCH to find Him. He is where you are now. He knows all, and He see's all. He knows the thoughts and intents of your heart. He's a gentleman, waiting to be invited into your heart. He isn't forceful, he's knocking at your hearts' door. He won't break the door down. Ask Him to come in. That is it. You need to hear the Word, then you need to believe it. Then you speak it out your mouth, and then tell someone. That is it. No magical hocus-pocus junk.

JJ

Too bad y'all don't have a clue. NO ONE is perfect!! If we were then Jesus would never had to shed his blood for ALL of us. His death wasn't in vain. Thank you for the blood of Jesus!! You might want to check yourself before calling someone else a hyporcite. Judge and you too will be judged. And yes, she's ballin' because she's devoted her life to helping others and doing the work of God - what most of us SHOULD be doing. God says he'll bless those who put their hand to the plow... In this world we ALL experience MANY trials and tribulations but we are to be of good cheer because CHRIST has OVERCOME!!!

Go Juanita for leaving that man. You're a pillar of strength, regardless of what ALL these ignorant people say.

Desease control

i was on a killing spre ,and I stoped in Junitas church loking for answers to my problems

I did not hear anything about Jesus only about money and sheet Jumping

so I just went on with my killing spre but now charge a fee.

God helped me.

beverly

Maybe we should rethink this think. They say God way is not like our's. jest like Jesus choose men (12) that were not in the Church. Maybe that's what we should do. Find a man in the world, take him to Church and WATCH by FAITH. God make a change in him, that YOU can SEE. We all want a Godly man.But every man in the Church is not right. Maybe that's why they go to find a woman like you and me (all of us) Think about the Pharisees and Sadduccees. Maybe God want you to help save the men of the world and bring them to Church,by giving these men a chance, for God to change them and make these men into to good husband's father's and most of all men of God. You don't need a relationship like that. God love all of us no matter what. he want the best for us belive it or not. His way's are not like our's.

GET REAL

I LOVE AND RESPECT THIS WOMAN OF GOD.

SO WHAT THIS HAPPENED. IT HAS HAPPENED TO THE BEST OF US. PROPHETESS BYNUM IS A WOMAN JUST LIKE BISHOP WEEKS IS A MAN. YES, I CALL HIM BISHOP. NO ONE CAN CHANGE WHO HE HIS. NOT EVEN HIMSELF.

I HONOR THIS WOMAN FOR BEING HONEST. WE SHOULD BE PRAYING THAT GOD GET SOME GLORY OUT OF THIS AND NOT PUTTING THEM UNDER A MAGNIFYING GLASS.

THE HEART JUST LOVES TO LOVE. I KNOW THAT YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE YOUR LIFE ACCORDING TO GODS AND NOT MAN'S PLAN.

LOVE YOU WITH THE LOVE OF THE LORD, SIS!