MTV Confirms Britney to Perform at VMAs

9/6/2007 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsTMZ has confirmed Brit Brit WILL perform at this year's 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas.

MTV has issued a press release, announcing Britney will open the show by performing her new single "Gimme More."

MTV also confirms TMZ's favorite "magician," Criss Angel, is in on the act as well.

Trainwrecktabulous!

Clinton

Now I KNOW that I'll be watching something else.

Katina

What a Joke!

baffled

She better hope it's the best performance of her life, or she is done like dinner! Good luck to her!

just wondering

.......HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...all u losers who r so down on Britney AND every other blog u read because u have no life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......u will so be watching her as well as MILIIONS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....so get over it!!!!....SHE'S BACK and will be BIGGER THAN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edysgrl

The only place she needs to be, is by her kids side. be a mother>

Cynic

Ooh, HER BIG COMEBACK!!!! Yeah, right. If she was truly the talent all you Britney fans believe, she could perform on HER OWN MERIT rather than needing all kinds of special effects and trickery with Criss Angel. Since she can't sing well, she has to distract the audience with magic, illusions, bells and whistles so they don't notice she can't sing. How pathetic. I won't be watching!

anthonysdreamgirl**

I, for one, can't wait to see what she does. ;-)

anonymous

LETS ALL HOPE HER PERFORMANCE ISN'T AS BAD AS K-FEDS...BUT I MUST SAY HER NEW SINGLE ISN'T THE WORST BUT IT DEFINITLY ISN'T HER BEST...WE'LL SEE ON SUNDAY IF SHE WILL IMPRESS US ALL

Live and Sleazy

Keep it up, Brit -- you're now in second here, with 590 entries. That skank Paris Hilton is in first with 722. Another month or so of outrageous behaviour, bad judgement and general wierdness ought to do it. Just stay consistent, and you'll be the champ! Who says Britney can't be on top again (at something)?

Save Joe Francis

Awesome! I can't wait to see Britney's flabby, cottage cheese butt grinding on a stripper pole while she lip synch's to those awful songs that we've already heard. I especially can't wait to see the bit where she humps Criss Angel's leg on stage.

Amber

Geeze, you people are way to hopeful. Look at her! She's a wreck! Greasy skin, acne, double chin, dimpled ass, cheap extensions... Ewwwwwwwww! Give up on Britney, God knows she gave up on herself a long time ago! I hope Kevin gets those kids before she can do anymore damage to their fragile little minds! I know if I had to wake up and see that more than once in my lifetime I'd being seeing shrinks until I turned 50!

Rosie the chauvinist

I guess this is a hate site now. TMZ sets the tone and the rats come running.

The girl is working, earning her living, supporting her two children and Kevin Federline. For life, apparently.

Let's talk instead about somebody on "public assistance," with the money coming out of YOUR pocket, if you work and pay taxes.

memyselfandi

Britney you are old news. I guess they couldn't book some real talent, or Britney is working for free.

jennifer ramirez

i am a mother and i have been watching all the tabloid news on britney and it is soooooo
sad that she has to be in the spot light just about every night, what are her kids thinking
know they are young but kids sense things and to me it looks like all she cares about is
partying hanging out with different people and not putting her responsibilites where they should go.and know she is on vma awards all about her and not her kids maybe we only
see what were shown but she loves her boys but she is very young herself and very self centered. she grew up to fast and had kids young and never really had the chance to live her life like others and now she wants to party and be free but doesn't know responsibility.i don't feel sorry for her but she needs alot of counseling and not one of these places that are luxury hotels but hard core therapy.

Nonesense