MTV Confirms Britney to Perform at VMAs

9/6/2007 2:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking NewsTMZ has confirmed Brit Brit WILL perform at this year's 2007 Video Music Awards in Las Vegas.

MTV has issued a press release, announcing Britney will open the show by performing her new single "Gimme More."

MTV also confirms TMZ's favorite "magician," Criss Angel, is in on the act as well.

Trainwrecktabulous!

So saddddddd

#12 Is screaming at us all to get a life LMAO!! BAHAHAHAHA Gee glad you could stop in out of your awesome life to have a freak out over Britney Spears I mean since its so amazing and full and everything. Someone had too much caffiene Red Bull Maybe? Ding Dang She's Makin; a come back ya'll!!

marktnagel@aol.com

Yeah...its about time

marktnagel@aol.com

its about time

Amanda

I would say she will try to impress the world with her < big comeback> only thing she needs to do is to her kids and try to be a better mother to them...now that I would like to see....

Monica

I wouldn't be surprised if Britney decide to drop out of VMA's. She has been cancelling magazine interviews and celebrity concerts. Wouldn't sing live, just lip syn and dance. Seem like she is insecure. An the question of Britney making a comeback? Well, I don't think so. It can't be like she was before she got married. As for the VMA, I don't watch it anymore, to boring.

Erika

Honestly, I hope she blows it, everyone hates her "performance"...and someone finally tells her the truth, and she goes away.

Gail

This should be interesting and I will be watching

I have to say, both singles I have heard stink actually. People will watch to see what she does, BUT we all know that if she comes back it will be with teeny bop idoits to moronic to know better. Most of her old fans can not deal with dead beat mothers who care more about fame then raising her children properly.

QUINCYGIRL

I HOPE SHE DOESN'T MAKE A FOOL OUT OF HERSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary

Congratulations and Best Wishes, Britney Spears!

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Hmmm... either she makes a come back and goes on tour, and ignores her kids OR she flops (my vote) and goes out partying and ignores her kids. Either way, her kids win!

jenny

oh my GOD I CAN WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! BRIT U ARE THE BEST AND I JUST CANT WAIT! J'ADORE BRIT!

YoursTruly

I've been waiting for Britney's comeback performance for over 4 years, we all still love you, you have a huge fan base who can't wait for your album to be released!

YoursTruly

Britney is going to outperform all the other performers this VMAS!! Lets face it without Britney the vmas pretty much suck!

JrzGuy34

Now if only Criss Angel could actually make her able to sing that would be tru magic.

Terry

TMZ has just learned this breaking news?
We've been posting about it for 2 months here.