Poker Champ's Rep -- We Outballed Kobe!

9/6/2007 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a TMZ story over the weekend, Lakers star Kobe Bryant beat poker champion Antonio Esfandiari in a Cristal champagne-off at BLUSH nightclub in Vegas. Turns out, that wasn't the case -- of bubbly!
Kobe Bryant
Antonio, through his rep Anthony Giombetti, told us: "Even though Kobe Bryant and his friends were having fun with my friends (really all of the credit goes to my friend Manny Khoshben) and I, in a spirited competition of who could out-spend the other on champagne, the fact is his party only ordered approximately 15 bottles of Cristal at $21,000, whereas we bought 26 bottles with a bill of $34,731."

Antonio, whose own account can be found on AlwaysBluff.com, was even kind enough to attach a receipt ... that includes a nearly $6,000 tip. Who wants to work at the Wynn?!

Sam Zavosh

WEEEE DID IT OURRRRRRRRRRR WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Shawn

Tacky even for Vegas!

Online Poker

Im sure kobe makes much more then antonio ,

justaham

#4: Hello Klueless: Such a smartass komment that backfired. This is such a Klassik kase of: Looc before you leap!

Check the fakts, just the fakts -- duh!

justaham

Check the fakts, just the fakts -- duh!

Franky Bones

Both Antonio and Koby have donated more to charity that most of you make in a lifetime of work.

la;ksdhjf

what a chump kobe is. he can play basketball but he cant ball at all

la;ksdhjf

sam is totally right. it is our way and has been for years. love it now that the full story came out but WTF!?! who wants this bad press? lol i guess we do huh

kill the queen

I am sure #4 was saying that because YESTERDAY when TMZ first did the story, they had it with a K and got alot of comments about the incorrect spelling... losers. Get a life- lets attack each other- MATURE!

Paul Nobles

Antonio won a charity tournament for Hurrican Katrina victims, first prize was 100k. He donated it to the cause.

DM

INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!!!

Coyote

My Dad always used the expression " a fool and his money are soon parted" I guess we can chalk these two fools on that list as well.

2% MILK

YOU CAN NOT GET BETTER ADVERTISING OF YOUR NAME, AND YOUR DOMAIN NAME. GREAT IDEA. EVERY BODY MAKES MONEY. THATS HOW THE WORLD WORKS

Piper

Sam, I work hard for my money too and I spend it how I see fit as well. But a fool and his money are soon parted and I'm happy to say I'm no fool.

I wish I had a penny for every person I know who made fast money, that spent it faster and today have nothing left but their regrets.

2% MILK

For 35,000 grand you would thing the ink would not run out in the printer, You can not even read the bill. How about an image you can read. 26 bottles =28,400 plus tip 5650 =
34,280. plus tax and othor items on bill does not add up. Price for 5 bottles is based on 1400 a bottle, 1 bottle at 1400, and 20 at 1000.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments