Poker Champ's Rep -- We Outballed Kobe!

9/6/2007 5:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In a TMZ story over the weekend, Lakers star Kobe Bryant beat poker champion Antonio Esfandiari in a Cristal champagne-off at BLUSH nightclub in Vegas. Turns out, that wasn't the case -- of bubbly!
Kobe Bryant
Antonio, through his rep Anthony Giombetti, told us: "Even though Kobe Bryant and his friends were having fun with my friends (really all of the credit goes to my friend Manny Khoshben) and I, in a spirited competition of who could out-spend the other on champagne, the fact is his party only ordered approximately 15 bottles of Cristal at $21,000, whereas we bought 26 bottles with a bill of $34,731."

Antonio, whose own account can be found on AlwaysBluff.com, was even kind enough to attach a receipt ... that includes a nearly $6,000 tip. Who wants to work at the Wynn?!

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

At least he tipped but jeeze, can you say "small winkie?"

Not too bright either. He still thinks John Belushi "bought the farm" at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

From his creepy, corny website: "There are only a few hotels in LA worth a swipe of your Visa card. One is The Beverly Hills Hotel, in the heart of the 90210. We're talking old school rocks and rings... so old school that it's new school, and the crash of choice for the big money crowd. And yes, we're talking big money: One of the back bungalows can rack you two, maybe three grand a night. If your taste runs morbid, maybe you can get the bungalow where John Belushi bought the farm."

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"Cheers Kobe !! as to the other idiot thats tryin to compete with him, enjoy your fifteen minutes cause u wont be remembered even if you drop a million in d club"

Let me guess, public schools?

Mandy G

HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR MONEY IDIOTIC SODS??? FEED SOME STARVING CHILDREN IN AFRICA. WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Tabasco

33 - nicely put
34- Just because you are still in high school doesn't mean everone else still is ! or should i say some sort of private school. prick

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"Just because you are still in high school doesn't mean everone else still is ! or should i say some sort of private school. prick"

No speaka tardonics.

kye-nascar

there money there stupid, more money than the average working person, that bill would make 2 years of my mortage, what a shame,

JP

He's not actually holding the receipt, it's a photoshop to make a snazzy image for TMZ to use.

And people throw a lot more money than that around in Vegas all the time. Yes, they could use the money for better things, but it's VEGAS. Sin City. What do you expect? If I had the money and I was in Vegas, I'd probably do the same thing! Ok, probably not, but it is their money.

mannyk

wow! I always wanted to become a celebrity but after this experience I am having second thoughts!!!! seems like people will always put you down no matter what you do. sad part is they don't even know you to really judge you. As for me yes, I did spend the money at Blush and my friend Antonio actually was trying to talk me out of it. but I don't regret it for one second. that is how I live my life now for many years. I work hard and play hard. what I spend is only fraction of my income and almost nothing compared to my net worth. I am a businessman that likes to have a good time.
Incase you want to know I dropped another 15k at Jet the next night and about $10k at Tao Beach on cristals... I don't normaly do that but I just felt like it... I am glad my friend Antonio had fun and got publicity out of it.

I am not the type to set behind my screen and read your comments as I am too busy on weekdays runing my corporation so please keep your comments to yourself. or why don't you go after Pdiddy which spends millions on partying.. I am the little spender

Ray

Delusional is what you are if you think Kobe makes more $. lol

Spring Heeled Jack

Let's shake the bottle and have a Cristal enema party. Anyone who has to show off like that is so full of sheet!

TROLL SMASHERS

I don't think Kobe is an overnight sensation here, he has a good 10 plus years with his money so the fast & fool money scenario doesn't apply

barry insider

i used to drive for a LIMO company where Kobe was our client and I drove him to every practice back in 2000-2002. That is exactly how arrogant he is !!!! WHAT AN ASS !!!!!!!
AND HE NEVER TIPPED EITHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissVee

Next they'll be competing against each other to see who's liver is more diseased!

2% MILK

YOU CAN NOT READ THE BILL. I WONDER WHY. THIS IS COPY WERE IS THE FIRST COPY. 34,000??, WHO CARES ROOMS IN DUBAI COST 100,000 GRAND A NIGHT.

b donka

sounds like fun. maybe I should add a few rich morons to my posse.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments