Brad: Jen and I Have "A Deep Friendship"

9/7/2007 9:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's Angelina going to feel about this?! Brad Pitt says he and ex-wife Jennifer Aniston are bound by "a lot of life together," and that they're still friends in a "deep" way.

Pitt tells V magazine (via People) that he and Jen "still maintain a deep friendship ... that isn't erased in any way" by their breakup more than four years ago. As for the split itself, Brad says, "I don't know how better to have handled [it] ... The thing guiding me then was ... you need life to be everything you need it to be."

And when it comes to his current baby mama and paramour Angelina Jolie, Pitt says he had to put questions about his marriage to Aniston behind him, "before an attraction to Angie could be answered."

Fitty Wants Hillary, Thinks He's a Soldier

Go shorty, it's your inauguration day, go shorty, it's your ... Can't you just hear it? It could happen, now that 50 Cent is on the record pushing Hillary Clinton for president.

Fitty tells Rap-Up magazine in its September/October issue, "I'd like to see Hillary Clinton be president and ... this is a way for us to have Bill Clinton be president again, and he did a great job during his term." Meanwhile, he also points out the difference between him and George Bush, "I actually go to war, when I go to war. Bush just sends [people] to war."

Party Favors: Larry Wachowski Is Still a Man ... Alyssa Milano Joins "Earl" to Love Lee

The buzz that bizarro-director Larry Wachowski -- one half of the Wachowski Brothers of "Matrix" fame -- was getting the chop and becoming a woman are, apparently, untrue. FOX News reports that Larry has not yet become Lana ... TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Alyssa Milano will be joining the cast of "My Name is Earl" to play Jason Lee's love interest. In other child star news, Henry Thomas -- Elliott of "E.T."-- will be joining "Without a Trace" to play the nemesis of head guy Anthony LaPaglia. Phone home ... so we know where you are!

Desease control

Please bradd dont leave me for Jen.
I well stop taking diet pills and we can have sex agin.
and I well Pay some attion to Shilo.

TRACKER

SLOW NEWS DAY? THIS STORY ON BRAD IS A WEEK OLD ALREADY

lynnx

Brad is a douche--he was before he married Jen, while he was married to her, and now that he is with Angelina!

Jen is too good for either of them.

dawn

Can 50 pennies even vote?

Glisten Garbor

Deep Friendship!? If I were Jen I would hate him!! Oh wait I am not Jen and I hate him..Never in the history of Hollywood lust connections did I want to see two people break up more than Brad and Angie..Don't let me down you two.

Team Aniston!

whatever

Sounds like the fogs lifted on ole Brads mind. He and Joilie were involved in an affair..Period.. I doubt very seriously if they are still friends. There is no excuse for his actions, if he wasnt happy in his marriage to Jen it was his responsibilty to go to her and tell her, then they could both decide to either work it out or end it. He took the easy way out by cheating on her. Maybe he should have looked at Jolies track record and see how many shes broken up. Jen has held her head high and has probably gone through alot of pain and reconciliation to get where shes at now. Brad is just now seeing the pain that he caused not only for Jen, but their family and friends that were effected by his betrayal. IF Brad is trying to get out of his relationship with Jolie, then just walk away. IF he wants Jen back then he needs to address his reasons for betraying her first, then work on earning her trust back. Personally I dont see a reconciliation, it would have been nice because those two "fit". Joile doesnt fit, they never look happy and not one picture of them shows the love in his eyes that he had for his wife.. Sad for Brad. Happy for Jen.

Nine

Brad and Angie sicken me!!

anon

Actually, TMZ left out Brad'scomment about HIM pursuing Angie! After he and Jen decided they shouldn't stay married (need to address if our marriage is finally over first comment by him). Brad goes on to say Angie was reluctant at first because of Maddox, so they started out as friends first. THERE YOU GO! Now, folks need to stop with this homewrecker nonsense.

Also, the question about Jen, Angie, and Brad triangle was asked by the reporter. Brad simply answered it, very nicely, I might add, not like Jen during Vanity Fair article.

Betsy

Brad was right to leave Aniston, a cold fish in my estimation. I don't like the woman. Her refusal to make up with her mother speaks volumes. What daughter-mother don't have issues. She was not warm enough to forgive her mother for whatever. To me Brad made out so much better then this bitter woman. Jole has a smile on her face, laughs and enjoys the children she adopted. I just wish #5 would be one that they wouild create together...Angelina needs to wake up, give the man what he wants...it isn't all about you either, and I do love y ou to pieces...As to having a friendship with your ex, why not, they were together for years. This is way overblown. Karina

Never inked up!

Jenn is a class act. I would want to say that if I was Brad. Come on, by now he has to realize he made a HUGE mistake with this nut case.

Angie is like the girl we all knew in high school, every man wants to do her, NOT have a relationship with her. Because what happens is these guys figure out she is a nut case and move on. But at least, in the man brain, they did her and thats good enough.

Brad has miss this lesson it appears.

Ricky Ticky Tock

Funny , I remember Curtis saying he would've voted for Bush if he wasn't a fellon right after Kanye's Katrina comment.

whatever

#24.. Aniston a cold fish.. Jolie hasnt spokent oher father and refuses to reconcile, She refuses to allow her "children" to know him. Oh and her reasons she hates her dad.. he cheated on her mother... WHATEVER.. Joile is a crazy cold blooded woman who is only in it for herself.

anon

"Team Aniston" ? Is this a football game? My god folks, move on with this triangle already! Is Jen the only person in the world who got divorced? Also, doesn't it take two people who were married to fail a marriage? Where is her portion of the blame?

Puh-lease

Fitty has no idea what real war is like, and to suggest otherwise is a slap in the face to all the soldiers who do go to war.

It sounds like Brad Pitt is spinning his relationship with Jennifer Aniston, to make himself look less like a jerk. It won't work.

PAM

Could it be Ms.Jolie is sick after all? She has been looking like she may have some kind of disease or eating disorder. For the kids sake i do hope Ms.Jolie is not sick, but I alays did think Brad still loved Jen.

When Brad split with Jen i felt like they both did not give it enough time before divorcing, and all the mags (and other people that have reported her rapid weight loss, some report that she is on drugs and has come in contact with a disease) They (some the mags)
have reported at one time the trouble Brad and Angelina's relationship is in. Could it be Brad is missing his old life and wife. IMO Brad has grown tired of Ms.Jolie, because the way she talks about loving her adopted kids more than Shiloh. You can tell by her actions and th things she has told reporters on these talk shows, that Shiloh does not come first when it comes to her four children. Ms Jolie has made this clear in her interviews about her children.