Brad: Jen and I Have "A Deep Friendship"

9/7/2007 9:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's Angelina going to feel about this?! Brad Pitt says he and ex-wife Jennifer Aniston are bound by "a lot of life together," and that they're still friends in a "deep" way.

Pitt tells V magazine (via People) that he and Jen "still maintain a deep friendship ... that isn't erased in any way" by their breakup more than four years ago. As for the split itself, Brad says, "I don't know how better to have handled [it] ... The thing guiding me then was ... you need life to be everything you need it to be."

And when it comes to his current baby mama and paramour Angelina Jolie, Pitt says he had to put questions about his marriage to Aniston behind him, "before an attraction to Angie could be answered."

Fitty Wants Hillary, Thinks He's a Soldier

Go shorty, it's your inauguration day, go shorty, it's your ... Can't you just hear it? It could happen, now that 50 Cent is on the record pushing Hillary Clinton for president.

Fitty tells Rap-Up magazine in its September/October issue, "I'd like to see Hillary Clinton be president and ... this is a way for us to have Bill Clinton be president again, and he did a great job during his term." Meanwhile, he also points out the difference between him and George Bush, "I actually go to war, when I go to war. Bush just sends [people] to war."

Party Favors: Larry Wachowski Is Still a Man ... Alyssa Milano Joins "Earl" to Love Lee

The buzz that bizarro-director Larry Wachowski -- one half of the Wachowski Brothers of "Matrix" fame -- was getting the chop and becoming a woman are, apparently, untrue. FOX News reports that Larry has not yet become Lana ... TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Alyssa Milano will be joining the cast of "My Name is Earl" to play Jason Lee's love interest. In other child star news, Henry Thomas -- Elliott of "E.T."-- will be joining "Without a Trace" to play the nemesis of head guy Anthony LaPaglia. Phone home ... so we know where you are!

scarlett

THere is now way B and J are that cozy! I suspect their relationship is neutral at best.

Jodi

Jen and Brad have not been seperated for that long. I'm pretty sure they didn't divorce until 2005...

Lea

Brad was so eager to get sexy with a bi-gal that he lost all common sense at the time it happened. He is probably wondering why he didn't wear a helmet. He now has to wonder what hit him over the head. On the flipside, it does seem he loves the parenting part of it. He just seems so worn out the past year especially the past 6 months. Only time will tell if it was worth it for him... guys take notice... a fine-looking head of hair & lips can summize destruction.

Shawn

Sorry Brad but this is another of your stupid lies. Jen has moved on. Take care of
your bunch of kids and wife and forget about it. You wanted it, you got it and those
kids shouldn't have to suffer cause you are so stupid. Angelina tried the same
thing for her movie. It is not working dumbo....

english

50¢ is enlisting in the armed forces? Good riddance!

kathy

I agree with #4 Stephanie...he's an ass...the skank (a.j.) deserves him

MTgirl

At least Fitty has finally put it out there what would really happen ("This is a way for Bill to be president again). I thought it was so funny the other day when Bill was wearing a PINK shirt and Hillary was in BLUE on stage together.

This is really sad when the first woman to run for president keeps talking about her "experience" when it was her husband who ran for governor and president. She needs to limit the talk of her experience to what SHE has actually done.

Imagine writing a resume and putting your husband's experience on there and going to the job interview talking all the time about what your husband did as if it was your own. That's the big lie of the Hillary campaign. Bill's work become "our" work, and then "my work" and experience.

There are a lot of women politicians out there - Governors, state legislators, and Congresswomen who are paying their dues, doing the work through the years - making the way for women honestly.

This is just the height of hypocrisy that this woman is grabbing onto her husband's years as a governor (and dismissing her role as First Lady in the White House and Governor's mansion) and using that to put herself into the White House.

And finally - isn't it interesting that Bill has been raising millions for his campaign to change the world - but I really don't hear anything about what happened to that money. And where's the accountability on the $100 million plus he raised for Katrina with GB senior? I heard that Hillary spent $20 million already at this time in the campaign - and back when Bill was running for President the first time, he'd only spent 20 thousand.

Well, I have no doubt she'll be president - but it's a scam.

You may not like George Bush - or even agree with him - but you know that he believes what he's saying.

With the Clintons, you always knew they knew they were saying the right thing - and sounded convincing when they said it - but you also knew they knew they were lying.

I've usually voted Republican - but I'm interested in Obama frankly.

Toni

Where have you Jolie fans been? I have read numerous times that Jolie is back on the needle, and she treats Pitt like crap.
Brad's movie about the death of Jesse James will not tank. I hope Brad gets a oscar out of this movie. He is a excellent actor. Brangelinagoolies just can't accept that Brad does have strong feelings for Jen. I knew Pitt would get fed up with Jolie's crazy ideas about adopting a child from each country. I wouldn't doubt that the rumors are true, and Pitt and Jolie are heading for splitsville.
I just can hope Aniston will forgive Pitt. She still loves him like he loves her, and he will leave Jolie and get back with Aniston where he belongs.

showers of Blessings

Haters can always TWIST facts.

Did people ever think , it has been 2 years since the judge signed the divorce decree (divorce decree was signed 8/19/05) , may be he felt 2 years is enough time to give respect to this marriage. Now, 2 years later, or may be 3 years from the time separation was announced, it’s time to straighten the facts.

Whatever it is, I am glad he did the interview. I’ve come to RESPECT him even more.

But if you are neutral, what the following posters said is what I interpret:–

My take (justjared.com): 09/06/2007 at 9:56 pm says

1. he had a turbulent married life (talking of a crisis in his 30’s. he respects his friendship with Aniston.

2. Angie is not the reason for his divorce.

3. There is no going BACK. He can’t live without his family.

4. Angie has made him a NEW man (sharing same vision with Angie, the reason why they fell in love and are together).

5. All the tabloid stuff are manufactured and cited his mom to end speculation that his mom prefers Jen.

AND

Estelle (justjared.com) : 09/06/2007 at 9:01 pm says:

Brad answered all the questions and BS from the tabloids and the media in 2 simple interviews.

1) Tabloids/media: Brad going back to X
Brad : “I can not go back..”

2) Tabloids/media: Brad missed his old life style
Brad : “I’m happy …I’m where I want to be…

3) Tabloids/media: Brad wants out or another child is too soon, Brad said.
Brad : I feel the warm…I love my children…I can’t
imagine my life without them…we are not done….I’m ready
for the 5th child….

4) Tabloids/media: Brad does not love Angie
Brad : “She is my great love, my best friend, generous and a
fantastic mother….

Tammy

Jen is way better then Angie and Brad knows he made a mistake. In marriage or any relationship you need to have a very strong friendship, also. If you don't it is only sex and lust. I am really sick of Angie and I hate everyone of her movies she has ever made. I have never been a fan of hers and no I am not jealous, I just don't find her as attractive as other people think she is. What is this with Brad dyeing his hair to match Angie, oh yuck!

sheez

Retards these are people that most of us don't even kow. The info you have is more than likely not accurate. It is none of your business. So many things can be taken out of context. Mind your own business. Why does it matter to you personally? Worry about your relationship.

showers of Blessings

Dont take things OUT OF CONTEXT.

The following is the EXACT WORDS FROM THE INTERVIEW. Later, when I get a chance, I will post the entire interview.

But the following are the EXACT WORDS.

I don’t know how better to have handled it. My view was, this is no one’s business in the end — at least in matters of the heart. So you need to protect all involved as much as possible. I don’t know if that cooled things off or exacerbated them, but it was a thing I felt justly about at the time. Again, the thing guiding me then was you don’t know how many days you have and you need life to be everything you want it to be. … Jen and I still maintain a deep friendship and have a lot of life together that isn’t erased in any way.”

Cearralyn

Post 6, your maybes are never going to be fact. Do you not grasp that Brad Pitt is HAPPY with Angelina Jolie, and he was NOT happy with Jennifer Aniston!?
Post 11, you are so WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! Pax is adjusting just fine, and Pitt and Jolie did NOT stiff the orphanage. Do you even know the meaning of corrupt?! I doubt it. Maybe you need to look it up before you try to dump it on people who are NOT corrupt and never have been! Angelina has grown up the past several years. She is a good mother, and she is involved in many other things besides her acting career, unlike Aniston, who can't do anything else at all and doesn't even try. Jolie is a goodwill ambassador, a pilot, and she puts her children first.
Post 10, WHEN has Pitt ever been disrespectful to Aniston!? Not EVER! He has never said anything bad about her, and did not in this latest interview. Aniston is selfish and all wrapped up in herself...obviously, or she would have given Pitt a child when he wanted one so badly. Every single interview of him back then showed him talking about wanting children and wanting them very soon. Aniston chose to put her career and herself ahead of her marriage. It is no wonder their marriage was on the rocks for a full year BEFORE Pitt ever met Angelina. One more thing, Pitt and Jolie do not "flaunt" their relationship. How ridiculous for you to even write that.
Post 13, Angelina is not going to dump Pitt. You and people like you want to believe that he is miserable when he is not. He says repeatedly how happy he is, and Angelina let him into Maddox's life when she realized he was the real deal.
All of you posters really disgust me...not that you care.

Marc

Nanny Brad prefers takin care of other people's kids - does Brad need a dress or a Nannny's outfit l

Jem - RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

scarlett

If Brad ever leaves Angie, he will NOT go back to Jen ... get real!