Brad: Jen and I Have "A Deep Friendship"

9/7/2007 9:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's Angelina going to feel about this?! Brad Pitt says he and ex-wife Jennifer Aniston are bound by "a lot of life together," and that they're still friends in a "deep" way.

Pitt tells V magazine (via People) that he and Jen "still maintain a deep friendship ... that isn't erased in any way" by their breakup more than four years ago. As for the split itself, Brad says, "I don't know how better to have handled [it] ... The thing guiding me then was ... you need life to be everything you need it to be."

And when it comes to his current baby mama and paramour Angelina Jolie, Pitt says he had to put questions about his marriage to Aniston behind him, "before an attraction to Angie could be answered."

Fitty Wants Hillary, Thinks He's a Soldier

Go shorty, it's your inauguration day, go shorty, it's your ... Can't you just hear it? It could happen, now that 50 Cent is on the record pushing Hillary Clinton for president.

Fitty tells Rap-Up magazine in its September/October issue, "I'd like to see Hillary Clinton be president and ... this is a way for us to have Bill Clinton be president again, and he did a great job during his term." Meanwhile, he also points out the difference between him and George Bush, "I actually go to war, when I go to war. Bush just sends [people] to war."

Party Favors: Larry Wachowski Is Still a Man ... Alyssa Milano Joins "Earl" to Love Lee

The buzz that bizarro-director Larry Wachowski -- one half of the Wachowski Brothers of "Matrix" fame -- was getting the chop and becoming a woman are, apparently, untrue. FOX News reports that Larry has not yet become Lana ... TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Alyssa Milano will be joining the cast of "My Name is Earl" to play Jason Lee's love interest. In other child star news, Henry Thomas -- Elliott of "E.T."-- will be joining "Without a Trace" to play the nemesis of head guy Anthony LaPaglia. Phone home ... so we know where you are!

Maritza

Brad should just keep his mouth shut about Jen, he has a new life now so why does he have the need to mention his past relationship. Isn't it enough she has to see him with Angie and all those kids everywhere they go. Saying they are friends and stuff like that only makes her more miserable. Shut up Brad!

Blah blah blah

Why is Brad so compelled to discuss Jen? There personal life together is over. They do own the production company Plan B, but I'm sure they have very little contact due to that. So Brad, do everyone a favor, never utter her name in public again. We may all forget you ever had a life with her and did what you did to her. Angelina is your life now, don't you think that is what you should be discussing in your interviews? Or has that become boring? Look out Ang.

Blah blah blah

#88, careful someone doesn't burst your bubble.

Blah blah blah

What is Brad, the golden boy, going to do when he and Angelina "stop growing as a couple"? You know the honeymoon is over sooner or later Brady boy. Let's see now can you spell C O M M I T M E N T ?

Ugghhh!

BOY! Brad just can't GET RID of that ugly X-wife can he? Everywhere he goes people still attach him to Jennifer Chin-ston. THEY HAVE BEEN DIVORCED FOR FOUR YEARS NOW.

STOP THE WHINNING JENNIFER. Ms. Jenn would not have any PR if it weren't for being married to Brad........like ions ago! Obviously their marriage was not all it was cracked up to be.

Blah blah blah

HEY #93, it's Brad attaching himself to Jennifer. He is the one with the need to explain their divorce and current status.

Ugghhh!

What is Sheryl Crow commenting on here now too? Sheryl some of us, well me for one, do not like Ms. Aniston........the whinner!

The marriage has been over for years! And probably wasn't that great in the first place......so whether Pitt actually cheated or not........SOMETHING WAS WRONG in that longgggggggg ago marriage.

Pitt moved on! He has kids now! Why does the media still haunt him over a marriage that appears to have been a MISTAKE???? Men don't leave happy marriages.....they leave unhappy marriages.

Jennifer needs to learn to act........while she seems to have so much free time.......instead of crying in the tabloids for four years straight.

Blah blah blah

Can someone tell me where the articles are that Jennifer has been WHINNING about Brad, I have missed them. I nither like or dislike her, I DON'T KNOW HER, and neither does anyone else commenting on this site.

Tammy

note to 66 wtf are you talking about? Did I even bring up Hillary. I just said I really don't like Angie that much. I have a right to my opinion.

Blah blah blah

Pitt has moved on and will continue to move on everytime the thrill is gone in his relationships. Brad has a child, Angie adopted those children and then wrangled him into it.

justaham

I remember watching a film on you tube (someone in the media business) that Brad and Jen have been having problems since 2003. They did a trial separation when Brad filmed Ocean's 11 in Europe. Brad and Jen were separated for almost 11 months -- and never spoke to one another. I guess they both realized that the marriage was not going anywhere by then. The woman on the film also mentioned that when Brad and Jen attend a Kerry campaign in New York city, both had separate hotel rooms and irritated each others presence at the campaign - and did not even speak to each other (that was in September of 2004).

the original part of the "Mrs. Smith" was first offered to Nicole Kidman but Nicole turned down the offer. Brad personally chose Angeline Jolie for the part. Everything was going smooth, but one of the execiutive producers mentioned that Brad fell in love with Angelina on the set -- really fell hard for her, and yes, Angelina was skeptical at the start because of her son, Maddox.

So at the point, Brad probably considered himslef separated from Jen and started chasing Angelina. He could have waited for the divorce, but the attraction to Angelina was very strong and he really pursued her.

Unfortunately, the film had to be shut down because CBS/Viacom tried to sue YouTube-- the film was CBS' property.

Karen Kostiha

JEN IS NOT PRETTY ENOUGH FOR BRAD!

Rachel

I hate when random people/celebrities start to talk politics when they don't know what they're talking about. I'm a Hillary/Bill fan as well but seriously, do any of you think Fiddy actually knows a thing or two about anything going on in this world?

Me

I guess it would have been too much to ask for that lily-livered adulterer to leave the bonds of his marriage behind instead of just "his feelings" before hopping into bed with Angelina.
The only thing those two succeeded in doing is making a mockery of marriage...and their motto seems to be: If we're happy, everybody's happy.

Whippet Good

Wonder how Jen feels about this pronouncement. Pitt's got some nads to sit there and talk about deep friendship with his ex- most people treat their houseplants better than he has treated her.... And no, I am not an Aniston fan, I think she's kind of annoying. But that would burn me if my ex treated me that way and then had the nerve to insist we had some deep friendship.