Brad: Jen and I Have "A Deep Friendship"

9/7/2007 9:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

How's Angelina going to feel about this?! Brad Pitt says he and ex-wife Jennifer Aniston are bound by "a lot of life together," and that they're still friends in a "deep" way.

Pitt tells V magazine (via People) that he and Jen "still maintain a deep friendship ... that isn't erased in any way" by their breakup more than four years ago. As for the split itself, Brad says, "I don't know how better to have handled [it] ... The thing guiding me then was ... you need life to be everything you need it to be."

And when it comes to his current baby mama and paramour Angelina Jolie, Pitt says he had to put questions about his marriage to Aniston behind him, "before an attraction to Angie could be answered."

Fitty Wants Hillary, Thinks He's a Soldier

Go shorty, it's your inauguration day, go shorty, it's your ... Can't you just hear it? It could happen, now that 50 Cent is on the record pushing Hillary Clinton for president.

Fitty tells Rap-Up magazine in its September/October issue, "I'd like to see Hillary Clinton be president and ... this is a way for us to have Bill Clinton be president again, and he did a great job during his term." Meanwhile, he also points out the difference between him and George Bush, "I actually go to war, when I go to war. Bush just sends [people] to war."

Party Favors: Larry Wachowski Is Still a Man ... Alyssa Milano Joins "Earl" to Love Lee

The buzz that bizarro-director Larry Wachowski -- one half of the Wachowski Brothers of "Matrix" fame -- was getting the chop and becoming a woman are, apparently, untrue. FOX News reports that Larry has not yet become Lana ... TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Alyssa Milano will be joining the cast of "My Name is Earl" to play Jason Lee's love interest. In other child star news, Henry Thomas -- Elliott of "E.T."-- will be joining "Without a Trace" to play the nemesis of head guy Anthony LaPaglia. Phone home ... so we know where you are!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

cmyman

I AGREE. I THINK BRAD PITT IS ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE SINCE HE LEFT JENNIFER ANISTON HIS CAREER HAS TANKED. HIS PRODUCTION COMPANY HAS TANKED. AND HE LOOKS TANKED HALF THE TIME NOW. HE LOOKED SEXIER WITH HER THAN WITHOUT AND SHE LOOKS BETTER WITHOUT HIM THAN WITH.

EVER SO OFETN THEY TALK ABOUT JENNIFER ( WHO STILL THIS WHOLE TIME HAS SAID NOTHING)/ SHE'S SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY ONE SHOWING CLASS OUT OF THIS WHOLE THING. THE MORE YOU TALK ABOUT IT THE MORE FOLKS THINK YOU ACTED WRONG. SHE'S NOT SAYING ANYTHING. NO AMOUNT OF PUBLIC HOO-HAH IS GOING TO MAKE THE SITUATION LOOK BETTER . THIS FUTHER LET'S YOU KNOW THAT YOU STILL HAVE A GUILTY CONSCIENCE.

SHE'S OVER YOU- GET OVER HER. BOTH YOU AND ANGELINA. YA'LL SPEND MORE TIME TALKING ABOUT HER THAN EACH OTHER. CLUE: SHE'S TOO OLD FOR YOU TO ADOPT....FIND ANOTHER HOBBY.

L

God, Jen Aniston comes across so pathetically sometimes. Her fifteen minutes are up.

Alexandrda

Oh God, what a bunch of crock.....Comon Brad....do you really believe the crap you ar giving....you got hots for Angie...you made out with her behind Jen's back and thats it.
Stop pulling the "mother theresa" card....god. Angie is not at fault, she was not commited to anybody, it was Brady who commited the "crime". To blame Angie for this is ridiculous...she has no responsibility towards Jen or Brad...Brad should have pulled back if he loved Jen...but obviously he did not honor his promise to her.

Kay

I don't see how Angelina could be consider a homewrecker. So Brad broke up with Jen or the other way around. Both are doing well and have a new life and their careers are going well. It's no one business what they do, it's their own problem, and sometimes the media loves to make it more than what it seems. To give that illusion that something else is going on to sell that story, photos or article in a magazine.
Sheryl your comment, well you should also add that before Angelina never had a wonderful relationship with her father. I remember that information from E true story, and also an article from NY Times, before passing of her mother.
So whatever, went on between Mr. Voight and his daughter is their business. Maybe one day it will be resolved. I do recall, that Mr. Voight also wrote a letter and gave it to the media about his daughter having a mental problem. I remember the media informing the public about this 'bs' when she adopted Madox (excuse my spelling).
I just don't understand how a father can do that to their own child, but whatever reason it shouldn't be aired to the public. No one is perfect, so all I gotta say is, to each their own. Instead of yapping who better, just let them live their own life.

Simona

I remember seeing Brad Pitt on Larry King around the time when his movie "Meet Joe Black" came out. Brad had this silly hair style, like a comb-over, with some strands hanging over part of his face and cemented with hairspray. He was soooo careful not to move his head so his hair remains in place. He was stiff and uncomfortable the entire time. At one point he reached to his head, like he wanted to get the hair away from his face, but stopped half way remembering that this was "the look" for the inteview. Everything that he said during that interview (not a word about third world concerns) made me thing that without a script, the guy is made up of 90% vanity and 10% intellect. The rest follows from there.

As much as I dislike Paris Hilton, Pitts comment about her once again reveals that he is unable to think and evaluate a situation. Hello! Look who you are with, Mr Smith! A bad Hollywood girl with a health problem which cannot be named. Whatever it is, I pray you haven't passed it to Jennifer when you were cheating on her.

And who tells strangers that they "feel warm" when they look at their children? Normal people dont. But if your name is Brad Pitt and you want everyone to realize what a good heart you have - it might work. Most people who relly want children allow time to bond with them, one kid at a time. Of course, if you feel that the children can enchance your public image, bonding is not a real requirement.

PR master!

Someone said in this post, that we don't have the facts. Well, we have plenty on pictures. Next timem when you look at a Brangelina picture, observe their expressions. Angelina with her stome face ("I am so beautiful I can't afford a smile") and Brad with his worried stare at the crowd ("Are they still blaming me ?"). Then, find Brad's pictures with Jen and compare - gone are his past happy days! It is VERY REVEALING.

Lauren

Them both are better off leaving Jen alone.

Neither Brad or Jolie can do or say anything to make them look good in terms of Jen..
There is no perfect relationship but commitment is the key, the willingness of both parties to make things work, & if all fail, then the respect & sensitivity to lessen the pain of their failed relationship..

Brad & Jolie were flaunting their new found love or however they want to call it .

Am happy for both of them, but I must say am happier for Jen. She's too good for Brad. Shel'll find her own happiness . She has handled herself extremely well despite the pain & hurt she's been through.

Lauren

What 's Pitt's point? Why does he have the need to explain & defend their ( Pitt & Jolie)
horriblel conduct ? Jen has obviously moved on, let her be!

Pitt & Jolie you truly deserve each other, so live happily ever after , & as you have vigilantly put it...let life be everything you need it to be! Lots of luck!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8