Spike

Directs His Anger

9/7/2007 9:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With a name like Spike Lee, is it any wonder he's prone to violence?

TMZ cameras caught up with the "Lovers and Haters" director outside of Koi, and when asked if he'd ever shoot a movie with the paparazzi, Spike said, "I'd shoot everybody." Run for cover!

C'mon Spike, do the right thing!

anonymous

The only good movie he ever made was Malcolm X. I cannot stand this dude, he really makes me sick with his no having career...

brian scott miller

You can take the Man out of Brooklyn, but you can't take Brooklyn out of the man!

Lenn K.

The problem you have with people like Spike Lee is they are always mad about something. Also, they are bigots and think the world is a bigot like them!!!

Ricky Ticky Tock

HAHAHAHA

Awesome answer!

Xifactor

ummmm it's called sarcasm, people....

annoyed

Dude definitely has some anger issues. You never see him smile, and he's always mad and bitter about something. And yes, #3 is right. Spike, dude, all of us are not bigots, man.

MeMe300

Spike is one of the best directors in the business....hands down. Just because he is not always grinning in someone's face does not mean that he is angry. White people are not as concerned (scared) with his look, as they are his messages. One thing is for sure, Spike got his 40 Acres and a Mule.

MeMe300

Alamo Churchill...... WHAT????????

hmmm

TMZ is stretching...*rolling eyes*
He was trying to be clever.
shoot=to direct (for a director)
shoot=to take pictures (for the paparazzi)
shoot=to shoot with a gun (to the general public)
It didn't come off as tongue in cheek as it was probably supposed to

YO YO

WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE ABOUT BLACK AND WHITE? I WOULD BE A LITTLE PISSED IF I HAD CAMERAS IN MY FACE. GIVE HIM HIS SPACE IS PROBABLY WHAT HE WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE SAID. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS PAPS BETTER WATCH THERE BACKS.

fulger

Hahaha.. GOOD shoot them!! In response to 1st poster, Spike Lee has made PLENTY of good movies. He also did a great job directing the "When the Levees Broke" series.. Actually, only a couple of his movies would I consider to be BAD.

sheez

Alamo Churchill...with all the crap on TMZ I am sure you will be the next "boring nobody" they will write about.

mozcram

On second thought:
not only is the TMZ writer's comment flavored with racism, it is just dense!
Lee was making a joke - it is so simple!
He was saying that he would shoot (film) everybody, which has a secondary
meaning that he would shoot (as in firing a gun) the paparazzi as well. The
joke conveys his frustration with the annoying paparazzi.

Being someone who is not violent, he doesn't think that people would
hear it like some kind of real threat.

sheez

Whew...Alamo I tried to read it again and I still can't get through it. What crap...I know we're used to reading crap here but come on.... Who can possibly be that bored.

Cory Harris

LOL did someone say no career WOW.. This man has been making movies over 20 years and has made millions of dollars. Ok if he doesn't have a career he can take mind and I will take his. GIVE ME A BREAK

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments