Cops on the Hunt for

Kid Rock

After VMA Fight

9/10/2007 1:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0909_lee_rock_fm_breaking-1TMZ has learned that the Las Vegas Police Department is on the hunt for Kid Rock after he allegedly "clocked" Tommy Lee at the MTV VMAs in Las Vegas Sunday night.

According to security at the Palms Hotel, where the awards took place, the LVMPD has asked for Rock's room number at the hotel and any leads they might have regarding his current whereabouts.

Details as to what started the fight are still sketchy, but an eyewitness at the awards tells TMZ that "Tommy got it pretty bad."

Both Kid and Lee were escorted out of the awards by Palms security moments after the altercation, caught on camera by Reuters photographer Steven Marcus, took place.

TMZ has learned that Palms owner George Maloof was questioned by police, who was overheard telling cops, "I have no idea."

According to the AP, rap producer Rich Nice was an eyewitness. He says that although Kid Rock threw the only punch that landed, it was Tommy Lee who started the fight. "It looked like Tommy Lee initiated it because Kid Rock was ignoring him," said Nice, who was two tables away. "And Tommy Lee kind of antagonized him. And then when Tommy Lee stood up, it looked a little weird, like 'Yo, what?"'

"When Tommy stands up is when Kid hit him the first time with a backhand," Nice continued. "And then Tommy Lee looked like he was trying to get at him to aggressively retaliate and then Kid Rock hits Tommy Lee again -- bong. And then security grabs Tommy Lee in a headlock and pulls him off."

Narcissa

Oh, how I just wish all this trailer park trash would just leave my fair city-and why is the Sherriff allowing this behavior to continue?! He knows perfectly well that all sorts of illegal activitty takes place at The Palms, The Hard Rock, etc... right underneath everyone's nose, and yet, all these Hollywood losers, STDs and all, are allowed to get away with it.

Of course, my husband, who has the most successful criminal defense practice in Nevada, certainly in Clark County, says I am being a giant hypocrite because, as he reminded me, I certainly wasn't criticising the Sherriff's dep't. when they let me off with a warning for speeding after they learned who my husband is. (Well, ok, that part did shut me up pretty quickly.) And, it IS true that all those people whose behavior I am condemning, are also the reason we have a GT Continental and a Tourismo (sp?) in the driveway, but still...

It really bothers me that these "entertainers" think they can just fly into the city, act like they own it, pollute it with their trailer park ways and get away with it! (This is especially true of those from California, who, when they're not turning our real estate market upside down and trying to impose their anti-everything regulations on us, stick out like sore thumbs, with their cheap cars and annoying, hipper-than- thou attitudes.)

Anyway, like I said, where is the Sherriff when all these people descend upon the city and violate God knows how many statutes?

My poor city-can't these celebrities just go home, take their attitude with them, and leave us alone?

jeepwrangler_gal

I can't believe these two old farts are fighting over a silicone sperm bank!! Ewww!!!

sarah silverman is toxic

pam really instigated a little bit of the fight. Was it necessary for her to keep repeating, "Stop it Tommy?" All he was doing was supporting her by whistling.
Tommy go find a real woman. She loves the drama too much!!!!! Tommy has never said a bad word about Pam, meanwhile since their first marriage she blabbers all their biz and defamed him a bit. She lied and said he gave her Hep C - it was proven he did not give it to her. She sux, so does kid rock. Message to Tommy, move on, focus on your kids, your health and find a decent woman!

Jack

The cops are looking for Kid Rock because Tommy isn't man enough to take a ass kicking and is pressing charges against the Kid.

Tommy's a big ole candy ass!

Suck it up and take it like a man Tommy!

Anonymous

THEY'LL NEVER TAKE KID ROCK ALIVE!!!!!!!

Pix

Narcissa, really take a giant step off your high horse. No one here cares who your husband is, so your "name" dropping is moot and unwaranted. Good for your husband that he has a successful practice, but remember is Vegas...lawyers are in demand.

Hipper than thou? I call holier than thou. Do something about it if it bothers you so, instead of whinning on a blog about it.

Now, where in the eff is the video?

CANDACE

#41 YOUR HUSBAND HAS A DAMN GOOD POINT. YOU ARE A HYPOCRIT. WTF MAKES YOU ANY DIFFERENT THEN THEM. THEY GET OFF BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE OR WHO THEIR PARENTS ARE AND YOU GOT OFF BECAUSE OF WHO YOUR HUSBAND IS. YOU ARE KNOW DIFFERENT SO WHY DONT YOU SHUT THE HELL AND LISTEN TO YOUR HUSBAND WHO BY THE WAY I KNOW IS A VERY SMART INTELLIGENT MAN!!!

THS

Doob

#46 I bet you're not a spelling bee champ or English teacher.

Wait Just A Minute - Not So Recent

Together we can stop white on white crime.

ANYWAYS!

this has got to be the most exciting thing to happen at the awards, cause i must say THIS SHOW SUCKED! WTF happened to MTV, the show was all over the place, horrible performances....and its starting to look like BET!

Doob

Or not #46 apparently. I guess to the guy who was yelling and trying to scare people on the internet.

harleygirl

Hey Penelope---So I guess YOU must be mother theresa? And WHO really cares?? They will always have a bond thru their kids, and jealous people are just inane. The point here is, he is the one that screwed up, if he DID?

BLINKING !!

Cracking up las Vegas has got to be ROCKING RIGHT NOW with the all the after parties.
Honies drugs and money
AND kid rock socking Tommy in the eye.
Priceless.hahahahahahaha. RUN KID RUNNNNNN

JeepGuy 98

You mean they let Tommy Lee out of the BIG BROTHER house to attend the VMA's ?!?!?