Soap Star Busted for DUI

9/11/2007 1:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

StormsSoap star Kirsten Storms, 23, was busted for drunk driving over the weekend. Here we go again!

TMZ has learned that Storms, who is also on Disney's "Kim Possible," was traveling on a Los Angeles freeway when a CHP officer noticed a lit cigarette being thrown from her blue Mercedes. According to the police report, officers "noticed the odor of an alcoholic beverage emitting from the vehicle." After several sobriety tests, she was arrested for DUI.

Viewers know her best as Maxie Jones on "General Hospital" and Belle Black on "Days of Our Lives." The alleged litterbug/DUIer was taken to Van Nuys Jail and later released on $5,000 bail.

Lord Plye Wood

I never heard of her because I haven't watched the soaps since my wife died in '92. However, I'd like to know what the $5000 bail was for. I had a DUI in '99 (haven't had a drink since) and I was released on OR (Own Recognazance). It cost me PLENTY later on, and I'm still paying $800 a year more than other folks and will until July, 2009. But I'm wondering if the bail was for DUI or for the cigarette tossed out the window. Living in Southern California as she does, she ought to know better than to pull a stupid stunt like that, and considering what wild fires cost the state each year, she should've been made to post a $10,000 bail.

A. Walters

By the way, Deb - who was confused by the headline on this article at 12:20 - before you came across the article - it WAS titled "DAYS STAR" - they corrected it when they read the blog - so NO - they didn't originally have their facts straight

Crazyuncledale

FYI, lit cigarettes cost human lives, destroy homes, wildlife, etc.etc. When you live in an area affected by forest fires, a lot caused by human error, ie: lit cigarettes, then you might hopefully get the picture. Unfortunately, all make-ups of humans are responsible for one time or another tossing lit cigarettes, MYSELF included. This is when I was young and reckless and averaged a pack a day, and no, you don't have to be young, but regardless, it only takes ONE to KILL! Thankfully, I saw a picture of a good lung next to a bad lung in color and thought, even if I died 100, and not from smoking, I didn't want my lungs to turn out looking like that. I tried to quit cold turkey, couldn't. I finally quit by gradually cutting back. If it took three cigarettes to smoke on the way to work, I cut back to only smoking two, and so forth. I do not work for a cancer group, just stating what I know to be facts. Also, odds, I'd think, are slim, law enforcement actually sees someone toss a lit cigarette, so my extreme thanks to the CHP officer. One last note. Lit or not, NO ONE that truely has respect for the land they live in, this planet, etc., would litter period! And no, I'm not with Green Peace or affiliated with any of the nature societies. To anyone that finished my rant, I thank you for your time and hopefully understanding!

Jackie

Wow I don't know what's worse here-TMZ's facination with bitsy bopper loosers (blue eyed, blondes under 30) or the posters' obsession with the soaps-oooh sorry! I mean your "stories"! Man I out grew those things back when Greg and Jenny were on All My Children! Guess what, ya'll? There is a life out there to be lived-this aint no dress rehersal so who gives a hell if another ditz gets exposed as being human? She's one of many cheeseballs who got DUI'd by CHIP! And as many of you posters have pointed out-if the woman wants to party in motion-hire a driver and just shut up!

Robert

Just another idiot who doesn't care about her actions. As much as we're reminded that drunk drivers are the #1 cause of innocent lives being mained and lost, it's people like Kristen who should pay where it hurts. Maybe she'd get a clue.

Terrie in Texas

Hey dummies...TMZ isn't saying that she still plays on DOOL, but that she is known as playing Belle Black! And Maxie on GH! You people need to get it straight, not TMZ!

beth

The original DOOL Belle - she is beautiful and way more talented than the present DOOL Belle. She made a mistake ( a couple) that I prou ay she will not make again. Sweetie, hire a driver - you have the money! Better yet, focus on your successful career and not your demons - you still have lots of fans willing to forgive you...but if you keep making stupid mistakes, your fans will bail on you....ask Brittany!

mach1jock

All of these celebs....and I mean all of them....should have drivers to go where they want to go. There is no reason to drink and drive, especially since they are celebrated in their own right, and can afford a staff to accommodate them. JJP

Days Fan

I have met and worked with her many times and we have mutual friends. I can honestly say this couldn't of happened to a more deserving person. Kirsten is rude and mean to people, treats them like crap and is only out for herself.. Not sure if I can say this, but she's a BITCH!! And yes she has been off Days for a few years.

Tom Long

I had always wondered what happened to Kristen after the Zenon movies. Now I see that she has stooped to the soap opera scene.

mooster

She should also be charged with attempted arson. This time of year most of southern California can catch fire in a snap. If the car doesn't come with an ashtray a smoker can bring their own...or as she should have done, put it out in her eye.

Helenw4

I hope they fire her from her Soap Opera. All these "so called stars" should be fired on the spot. No more publicity, just humiliation. They are a disgrace. That is why I don't watch all these slutty shows anymore.
They are just looking to see their names in headlines. It should come to a stop, once and for all. Also, severely punished. They should also press charges for attempted ARSON!!

The Saint

If they don't put ashtrays in cars anymore than they either shouldn't smoke or but an ashtray. Are they so stupid they don't know they can cause wildfires by just tossing them? [YES to that answer] Isn't it a shame that these youngsters ruin their lives with drink and smoking? Get with the program and use your God given talents for good instead of throwing your life away!

sick and tired

are these folks not real people with the same problems as all of us Joe Blow got a DUI yesterday and he's not newsworthy

Crystal

SHE IS FROM GENERAL HOSPITAL!! AND HAS BEEN FOR OVER A YEAR!