Stern to Virgie: I Was There, Your Flowers Were Plastic

9/11/2007 9:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur has said she was the only person who visited the grave of Anna Nicole's son Daniel on the first anniversary of his death. Au contraire!

TMZ has obtained this photo of the gravesite. The yellow and white flowers are plastic, courtesy of Virgie. So who left the two bouquets? It was Howard K. Stern.

Stern gave TMZ the following statement:
"I visited Anna and Daniel twice yesterday under the cover of darkness because I did not want the media to capture my private moments with loved ones. In the early morning, I brought two baskets of flowers from Dannielynn, myself, and others. When I visited again late at night, I found plastic flowers drilled into the ground next to our flowers.

I did not want to take pictures or release any statement concerning my visits. However, Anna's birth mother brought Splash News with her to the cemetery (or was it the other way around?) and then claimed in an interview that nobody visited Anna and Daniel.

Unfortunately, I have learned to anticipate this type of exploitative expression of alleged love and took the necessary precautions. I sincerely hope that Splash News has the decency not to make this a pattern for all future anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays.

As in the past, I am not profiting from these pictures or this statement in any manner."

Liz

TMZ always tries to make Virgie look bad. At least she didn't steal money from her dead daughter in order to buy flowers & everything else she owns.

fecesflusterer

Virgie brought Splash this year, last year and to the morgue when the judge told her not to. I have heard of selling your mother to make a buck but you dead child and grandchild 3 seperate times??????

That is low!

Paris

wow. pretty sad by all parties. goodbyeanna.com

Robin

Who really belives that HKS and LB are in each others corner? You can make enemies from friends(associates) when money is involved. They did both have the media for Pre and Post Dannielynn pics. Why would LB want to get rid of HK$, He is the executer/attorney of the estate. But LB is the the dad. Goes to show girls can get along when money is the common ground. Just making an observation.

Liz

Lexington

Could it be that Virgie and Rita went together to the Bahamas? Perhaps that is why Ms Rita decided to call Howard if in fact it's true that she attempted to get his comment on her generous book about him.

Who took the pictures of Virgie at the grave? I doubt that a tourist just happened by and filmed her for ET. Who cares. I'm sorry for her loss and sorry she can't or wont make amends with Larry & Howard. Larry did say she emailed him yesterday but little else and he said it's still her fight.

m. gertrude solomon

Stay strong Howard! Anna would be so proud of you. Never give up! Please please please stay strong!!

Sarah Silverman SUCKS!

Where are all the lawsuits promised by HKS & LB?

woah

49. God have mercy on the wicked sinful Howard & people who support his type of behavior because one day each of you must stand before him & you will be judged.

Posted at 9:03PM on Sep 11th 2007 by Howard is not even human

Kinda like how you are judging people now??? how pathetic...get a life and stop using your beliefs to have an opinion about anything. What a joke.

Cearralyn

I just shake my heads at those of you who continue to inanely and erroneously attack Howard K. Stern. What is the MATTER with you people!? Vergie is a loser, and her stupid plastic flowers prove it. Also Stern did NOT say he alone was responsible for the baskets of flowers. He SAID they were from him, Dannielyn, and OTHERS. Is it necessary that he HAS to mention Birkhead's name? I hardly think so. Stern is not a sicko, but those of you who continue to malign him most certainly ARE!

sissy

DOESNT MATTER IF VERGIES FLOWERS WAS PLASTIC OR NOT HOWARD.. YOU HAVE GOT ENOUGH OF ANNAS MONEY AS TO AFFORD THE ROSES.. IF IT WAS OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET ..THERE WOULDNT BE ANY FLOWERS FROM YOU..AS YOU CANT AFFORD ANYTHING.. LIVING OFF YOUR PARENTS NOW AND ALL THE MONEY YOUVE MADE OFF ANNA AND FROM ANNAS DEATH..YOU SHOULD OF BOUGHT MUCH LARGER BOUQUETS...
I FEEL WHILE VERGIE IS STILL BEING CRITISIZED FOR WANTING HER FAMILY CLOSER TO HER... SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHOSE STAYED OUT OF THE MEDIA AND NOT THREATEWNED TO SUE EVERYONE WHO LOOKS CROSSEYED AT HER.. AS LARRY AND HOWARD HAVE.
I CONTINUE TO HOPE SOMEDAY.. VERGIE WILL BE ALLOWED TO BRING HER DAUGHTER AND SONE HOME FOR BURIAL..INSTEAD OF IN THE BAHAMAS WHERE SHE CCANT VISIT THEIR GRAVES AS OFTEN
WITH ALL THE BS GOING AROUND HOWARD... VERGIE NEEDS TO HAVE PEOPLE AROUND HER WHEN VISITNG ANNA AND DANNYS GRAVES.. WITH ALL THE BS YOUR SLINGING AROUND..
ALSO..DANNY WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE VERGIES GRANDSON..AS ANNA IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE HER DAUGHTER... WHETHER ANNA LIKED IT OR NOT... AND YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THIS.. AND MOVE ON... YOU HELPED KEEP ANNA DRUGGED UP ETC... SO ANNA WASNT IN HER RIGHT STATE OF MIND..MOST OF THE TIME IN HER LATTER DAYS... I KNOW FIRST HANDED A PERSON ON HARSH DRUGS..LIKE ANNA WAS... CAN BE FED SO MUCH MENTALLY AND ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT.. SO HOWARD BACK OFF..OK... JSUT GO AWAY AND REALIZE YOUR NOT DANILYNNS FATHER... YOUR NOT ANNAS HUSBAND... AND YOU WAS NOT ANYTHING TO DANIEL..IT WAS PROVEN TIME AFTER TIME DANNY DIDNT EVEN LIKE YOU.. SO JUST GO AWAY AND BLOW THE HOT AIR FROM YOUR NASTY MOUTH ...ELSEWHERE

carol

She lives a distance away - plastic flowers will last. She's not living as a freeloader in someone else's home so she can run over to the grave and maintain them. What she did was perfectly OK. You should be ashamed Howard to make a statement like that. What a lowlife you are.

Sharona

ANS, in her own words, could not wait to get away from the vile Vergie. She allowed Anna to be raped as a minor by a "family friend", and verbally and physically abused the little girl. I really believe Anna loved J. Howard Marshall, as he, again in ANS's words, "treated her better and loved her more than anyone ever has and anyone will again." RIP, Anna and Daniel.

laughing so hard

Howard,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you. We hope everything works out for you. We can all see why Anna loved you and you loved her more. God bless you and your family.
You have so much support. Keep up the great work protecting the memory of the woman who loved you so much. Take good care of Dannielynn, she will always love you.

We love you Howard!!!

back in the day

If Virgie went to the graveside without a camera then we wouldn't have proof that she was there, right? We know Virgie can't afford the trip there and back so why not get a little help. Larry and Howard are getting paid with other TV stations. We have no proof that Howard was there, he may have sent someone there to place the flowers.

My family puts artificial flowers (I don't think they are plastic) on graves of our family, so what's wrong with that?