Stern to Virgie: I Was There, Your Flowers Were Plastic

9/11/2007 9:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Virgie Arthur has said she was the only person who visited the grave of Anna Nicole's son Daniel on the first anniversary of his death. Au contraire!

TMZ has obtained this photo of the gravesite. The yellow and white flowers are plastic, courtesy of Virgie. So who left the two bouquets? It was Howard K. Stern.

Stern gave TMZ the following statement:
"I visited Anna and Daniel twice yesterday under the cover of darkness because I did not want the media to capture my private moments with loved ones. In the early morning, I brought two baskets of flowers from Dannielynn, myself, and others. When I visited again late at night, I found plastic flowers drilled into the ground next to our flowers.

I did not want to take pictures or release any statement concerning my visits. However, Anna's birth mother brought Splash News with her to the cemetery (or was it the other way around?) and then claimed in an interview that nobody visited Anna and Daniel.

Unfortunately, I have learned to anticipate this type of exploitative expression of alleged love and took the necessary precautions. I sincerely hope that Splash News has the decency not to make this a pattern for all future anniversaries, birthdays, and holidays.

As in the past, I am not profiting from these pictures or this statement in any manner."

laughing so hard

Love to Howard K Stern. You are an amazing loving man. We love you. Take care. You are doing a great job. Just do us a favor and make Virgie, O'Quinn, Cosby and Opri pay for all they have done to the memory of Anna and to the future of Dannielynn.

Howard, stay strong. We love you and your family. You are the greatest. Anna would be proud of you. So proud.

Cearralyn

Post 46, if we all had "mothers" like Vergie, we would be in very sorry situations. Plastic flowers are TACKY, TACKY, TACKY!! I do not care if someone lives out of state. There are arrangements that can be made to have REAL flowers delivered on a regular basis or on special occasions. By the way, Stern is anything but evil. Vergie, on the other hand, has done nothing to show me that she EVER loved her daughter, and Anna HATED her!

He's just another Idiot

Virgie was a horrible mother to Anna. She just wants to make money and will go with any cheezy tabloid who will pay her. Go back to your trailer trash life, Virgie. Your 15 minutes of fame are over.

Liz

We'll see how long those real flowers last. This is the first Howard has put on their graves & only did that because Virgie visited the grave & put her flowers.

Lexington

#51 I think you will see the law suits. There has been deposition taken from O'Quinn recently and I understand there are others coming and that Larry gave the all clear to go ahead and get with it on RC. That's all I know but I do think Larry does believe in using the courts. You know he sued the Judd girl and won. I have no idea what about though.

RoseSpanks

First,one basket of flowers looks old and droopy, while the other
fresh and perkey. Did he take them from another grave? Second Howard
stating"Virgie Arthur has said she was the only person who visited the
grave yesterday" is kinda a play on what was said. Here is what E!
reported "While hundreds of guests, including Howard K. Stern,
attended Dannielynn's weekend party, the guard at the gravesite told
Arthur she was the only visitor for Daniel on Monday." Now does
howard know if a reporter heard this being told to Virgie, and
reported it. Maybe he should have called and asked before starting
rumors, after all that is what he expects, or he will sick Lynn Wood
after you... What a petty little sad soul Howard is, and his little
lap dog Larry too.

laughing so hard

Leave Howard alone. He was the only one Anna loved and trusted. Howard was the only one who truly loved Anna and protected her. Keep Dannielynn safe.

Virgie go back to your trailer and take those cheap plastic things with you. How embarrassing is that. Who would want plastic flowers in life never mind in death. Cheap and tacky. Howard has been delivering fresh flowers to Anna and Daniel weekly. Thank God for Howard.

TMZ DOES NOT MAKE VIRGIE LOOK BAD! to #48
Virgie can do a great job ALL by herself of showing her 'true colors'...
Virgie herself told Greta on national TV she SOLD photographs of Anna and Daniel for thousands of dollars...google greta's on air transcript w/ virgie.
LISTEN TO virgie HERSELF TELL YOU HOW SHE HAS SOLD PICTURES OF HER GRANDSON, GO BACK TO TRANSCRIPTS OF THE FLORIDA TRIAL AND LISTEN HOW SHE LIED TO THE JUDGE, AND NATIONAL TV THAT SHE WAS GETTING 'HELP' FOR LEGAL COSTS FROM FAMILY...(PERJURY??)O'QUINN STATED IN A DEPOSITION HE HAS PUT OUT OVER $400,000 FOR VIRGIE'S LAWYERS, ECT...
TMZ IS MORE 'UNBIASED' THAN YOUR COMMENTS!! GROW UP / GET A LIFE

Sacha

It is just too sad. Plain sad. What's that? Is it something she got from 99cent store? Anna and Daniel don't worth fresh one because they're dead and can't see them? Well, First of all, where was she when Anna needed her the most?
I don't trust Stern, but, he's slightly or somewhat better than this woman.

Kat in Houston, TX

I personally see nothing wrong with plastic flowers. My mother hated real flowers because they die. She is gone now and buried in Alabama, I live in Houston. I have a local florist there that puts silk flowers on my mothers grave simply because I can't get there to do it myself.
I don't believe Howard put those flowers there due to the fact that the media was aware of the anniversary. Don't you think they would have been out there waiting to see who was going to show up. That's what they do, hide and watch. Besides he was having way to much fun at the BIG OVERATED BIRTHDAY PARTY with his lover and his stepdaughter.
That had to cost thousands and I honestly don't think Dannilynn will remember it. One yr olds simply don't need a party like that. That money should have been for her future needs because by the time she grows up Howard and Larry will have all of it gone. She needs to be put with family that can give her a normal life. The rate Larry is going she will turn out just like her mother. She is not a princess and she shouldn't be treated like one.

Liz

holy hell your name tells me what an evil sad piece of crap you are. Do you actually think I care what a low life like you thinks of my comments? I happen to have a nice life & don't go around trying to beat up old ladies, live off women, feed them drugs & steal houses the way Howard does. Don't try to tell me what to write you idiot.

ANNA AND DANIEL ARE DEAD....METH IN BOTH BODIES

LeeAnn, you just proved yourself to be filth of the lowest form, possibly breathing maggots in your mouth!!

Christmas

Stern makes me sick and enough to puke.

Only swim in the Ocean

Thanks to Cosby's preposterous book, most Americans now understand the extent to which the haters will go. HKS and LB are clearly the 'good guys' in this story.

Keep up the great work protecting DL and securing her future, HKS & LB!

Bahama Mama

Howard just showed his true colors with giving his story to TMZ. Virgie did the right thing putting plastic flowers on a grave that is hit by Hurricanes and driving rain.

At least Virgie paid for her plasitic flowers with her own money.... Howard and Larry's flowers were paid for by Dannilynn... who flails her arms and legs like she is... well , you know.... thanks Howard!

A short aging grandmother and ex-police deputy has Larry and Howard squirming in their tight gay pants... O'Quinn and Opri are more respected as attorney's than Hopward and Ron Raleroad ever could be... Opri and O'Quinn represent the morals of this country, Larry and Howard represent drugs and deviant behavior. Money turned Larry Sue BirkGivesHead into a loser! Please, do not give Coward and Larry The Loser anymore money for their despicable EXPLOITATION of the poor little girl... and I do mean POOR!