Johnny Knoxville

Village People Reject

9/11/2007 12:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"In the Navy, yes, you can sail the seven seas. In the Navy, yes, you can put your mind at ease!"

Johnny Knoxville showed up to upscale eatery Orso yesterday -- dressed in his best Navy uniform -- sporting a butch sailor's hat and powder blue button down shirt.

Giving no explanation for the ensemble, Knoxville left his business lunch with a suited exec -- and took off for the nearest port.

Wtf

First! And wtf was he thinking?

shawna

I am OFFENDED! That is an AIR FORCE Dress Blues Shirt and he's wearing a sailor hat with it! WTF? Has he no respect for the uniform? My husband is Air Force and I am appalled. He should be sent to IRAQ now.

milwife is a milf

Milwife - Yeah I'm sure he did it to piss you off...get a grip....its pieces of fabric sewn together. I thought we were supposed to respect the troops, not what covers their bodies. Not that I'm a big Knoxville fan but aren't there more important things to be worried about? Like our troops dying for nothing? At least you can spell and use punctuation better than most military wives...although your use of CAPS seems to indicate high school dropout...hmmm...

Amy

Maybe we should remember that Today is September 11th, and we should remember the people who died and not the Britneys, Lindseys and the Paris and Nicoles.

Nicole

Who cares what he's wearing. I love him.

Nicole

Hey Sad in Hollywood.. get a grip! Call suicide hotline or something. You're freakin nuts! You have posted this on every story I have read so far.

Join a tribute site or something! Get off of TMZ, loser!

Grant

Perhaps he's openly courting the role of Shipwreck in the upcoming G.I. Joe movie.

hollywood rots in the sun

It's because he's trying to get the part of Shipwreck in the new G.I. Joe movie. Dipsets.

huh?

I have a suggestion for the next Jackass stunt....this fool, Steve-O, and the other should all hold hands and jump into oncoming traffic. I would be a fan for life!

Ed

Whoever said Shipwreck from GI Joe beat me to the puch...damn...but hey, where is his parrot??

xsailorgirl

A US Navy veteran I am offended not because only an idiot like Johnnie Knoxville will wear a Navy hat with an Air Force shirt, I was offended for his total disrespect to the military uniforms which is not his earned right to even wear!! Just shows he is a true "JACKASS!"

missy

just because the dude wears the sailor dog bowl on his head, never assume he's wearing the shirt that matches the hat. TMZ could havedone better reporting.

natashaf

Hey..I happen to BE a big JK fan, but, regardless, the man IS patriotic. Ever notice the flag flying behind the JA logo? Ever notice that JK is often wearing a jacket with a flag ON it. I respect the man for some articulate discussion, with critical thinking, about our rights as citizens to protest things in our government we disagree with. Don't be so quick to write this guy off as "just" some Jackass. He is articulate, interesting, and VERY intelligent. Plus, he is very polite to the paps and to people in general. Give him a break, for goodness sake. Maybe he was auditioning for a role, maybe he was wearing in memory of 9-11, BUT, regardless, this guy, (whether you like him or not as an actor/writer/stuntman) is NOT unpatriotic or disrespectful to folks in uniform. (And, on a personal note, let's start worrying about all the people IN uniform dying for a war that's NOT ours to fight. Bring our boys (and gals)..home NOW..

angelic1

While I am a fan of Johnny Knoxville and the Jackass franchise, I am also a US Air Force veteran currently serving in the military and must say many, although not all, members of the US Armed Forces and their families get a little upset when we see civilians wearing pieces of our uniform that we have earned with alot of blood, sweat, and tears to wear.

Contrary to many people who believe otherwise, its not really a great fashion statement to wear military items. Regardless it is his choice and he does have the right to wear it, but those of us who have earned the right, have the right to voice our displeasure with those who may do so, regardless of their "reason."

I've never posted before, and probably never will again, but I believe you can only really earn the right to wear those items, even if any jackass can buy them. My two sense, not that it matters.

USAF LT

I clicked on 'comment' to add my 2 cents, and found a couple people that had already voiced my irritation at the fact that there seems to be a population in the States that cannot tell the difference between our servicemembers' uniforms (Not surprising, considering most civilians lack any sort of knowledg of their military other than what Hollywood deigns to release to the masses). Unfortunately, there also seemed to be an element that instead of waxing poetic on the tired old refrains of who is patriotic and who is not, felt that it was his right and duty to insult some of the strongest women that I have ever had the priviledge to encounter. For one, many military wives have advanced degrees, most likely in excess of the civilian population's pecentage. And even if that was not the case, I think that to some people, following the person that you love and sacrificing your own educational career is a much higher calling than attending whatever piddly po-dunk middle of nowhere closed-minded university/college/community vocational center their detractors may have attended. It's appalling that instead of keeping to the conversational chain at hand, other elements of military life have been dragged through the mud. I hope you grow to become ashamed of yourself for harboring those sentiments 'milwife is a milf'. Your attitude offends me, those in uniform like me, and those that love us.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments