Another Soap Star Busted for DUI

9/12/2007 11:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean KananFormer "General Hospital" and "The Bold and the Beautiful" star Sean Kanan was busted by LAPD last month on suspicion of DUI.

Kanan, who starred as Ralph Macchio's nemesis in "Karate Kid III," posted $30,000 bail after he was busted during the wee hours of August 18. He was charged with two counts: driving under the influence of alcohol and driving with a blood alcohol of .08 or greater.

He is due back in court on September 17 and faces a maximum penalty of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine, per count. Since Kanan was convicted of DUI in 1998, a second DUI carries a minimum jail sentence of 96 hours.

A rep for Kanan had no comment.

When called for comment, John Kreese said, "Sweep the leg!"

FULGY

MADD has made no secret of its desire to lower the legal blood- alcohol level from the current .08 in most places to .06, .04 or even to zero.

If this is passed, and I suspect it will.
Anyone who gargles with Listerian will be legally intoxicated.

Night train

Who cares

treyman

D.U.I. is the way i lost my sister she was hit by a drunk driver
no one should ever drive drunk
i drink but will never get in the car and drive
i do not want anybody to go thru what i have, but wish everyone could feel it

springerbeads

seriously, where can I send my card for poor Sean?

Jack Cunningham

Sean is a good guy. Used to hang with him, Jim and Richard at Tickles "back in the day" where we would have a few at 16. Sean, drop me a line gonfishn30@comcast.net, would love to catch up, Jack C.

BrooklynBabe

Yes, Sean Kaanan was on General Hospital in the early '90's. When he was on Bold and Beautiful in the late '90's, he got that first DUI, went to rehab and shouldn't even be drinking. You reap what you sow.

BrooklynBabe

Uh, #50.......I thought somebody said he had his first DUI in 1998. This is 2007. In my book that's 9 years so the first DUI should still be on his record.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4