O.J. -- What, Me Steal?

9/16/2007 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

O.J. Simpson says he brought a posse along for the ride Thursday, because there was a lot of stuff to take. And, the final straw for Simpson was seeing that a "special" suit of his went up for auction.

Las Vegas producer Jerry Peluso tells TMZ he spoke with a jovial O.J. Simpson yesterday at the Palms pool and asked him for an interview. Simpson said he was in town to watch two friends from Chicago renew their wedding vows.

During the 30-minute conversation, Simpson talked about guns, suits and women.

Peluso, who shot cellphone video of a small portion of the chat, says O.J. insisted, "I stole nothing." After the video ended, Simpson added, "I didn't have any guns. We didn't break into any hotel room. The guy told me what room they were in and I came to meet them and collect my stuff." Simpson went on, "What would you do if you were in my position?"

Peluso says O.J. messed with him, saying, "If you get that blonde over there to talk to me, I'll give you the interview." Peluso says he then walked over to the girl and said, "Hey, have you met O.J.?" The blonde responded, "Who?" O.J. then introduced himself and kissed her on the lips. He then cracked a smile and said to Peluso, "I'm just messing with you man; that's my fiancee."

Simpson said he made a decision to get his stuff back when he saw his father's ring on eBay. O.J. said the last straw was when he saw that Alfred Beardsley, a memorabilia dealer, tried hawking the suit Simpson wore the day he was acquitted. P.S. -- Simpson didn't get the suit back.

Peluso says Simpson agreed to an interview in his hotel room today. When Peluso arrived, he saw six to seven men get out of an elevator -- a combo of Palms security and plain clothed officers. They entered Simpson's room and arrested him. Simpson was put into a service elevator and escorted out of the building.

DEBO

OJ didn't do it!!! He was framed!!!!!

mmmm

ha 2nd!

Verlane

What, is this the new official OJ Simpson website?? Why is him being a suspect such a shock?!

St Paul

OJ would NEVER steal anything, murder yes, beat his wife yes, play the race card yes, hunt for his wife's killer no, lie yes, cheat yes, but steal never! he would let someone else steal for him

DEBO

What is up with all the OJ coverage. OJ is stupid as hell to put himself in the position to get in trouble with law enforcement!! They have been waiting for him to slip up since 1994!!! Bro. Johnny Cochran is dead, so OJ doesn't have him a second time to get him off!!!

Brooke

I don't care about OJ and the fact the whole front page of TMZ is about him makes me sick, at least I have Perezhilton's site to give me real info i WANT to read

LRT

He is an AZZ

pops

If he did it lock him up if he didn't let him go they need proof

sonja

well, that video was blah!

sooooo sad and heartbreaking:(

come on tmz enough about oj please! the man got away with murder and just wants more attention now! he's enjoying all this! don't give him the satisfaction please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ur first page is all about him except the very last story. enough please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LRT

# 4 he alreadt admitted he di his own "Sting Operation" He is NOT law enforcement.. so that is stealing DUHHHHH

hm

Too bad the cops are 13 years too late. What a waste of a human being - I'll loan someone my desert eagle, if you wanna shoot him in the face.

The Metrovangelist

O.J. Simpson, obviously, would have been better-off if he had involved the Las Vegas Police Department in the dispute with his former colleague. Things can get out-of-hand when we take matters into our own hands. I pray for cool heads and clear minds for all involved.

I am poster 58

The precise charges against Mr. Simpson, 60, were not immediately clear. But another member of the group accused of storming the room at the Palace Station Hotel-Casino was charged with two counts of robbery with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery and burglary with a deadly weapon, Lt. Clint Nichols said.

Police took possession of two guns that may have been used in the incident, during an early morning raid on two residences in Las Vegas, Captain James Dillon said.

However Lieutenant Clint Nichols told Fox News television revealed that two firearms had been seized in connection with the investigation. Neither of the weapons were registered to Simpson, he added.

According to CNN, Walter Alexander was the man arrested in connection with the robbery, and is believed to be an associate of Simpson's.

Fox News is also reporting that Walter Alexander is not from the Las Vegas area, however has been arrested multiple times for similar crimes.

sickofperverts

He admitted he was there, he admitted he went there for his 'stuff' that was possibly bought from a storage building that was repossessed..
HE has NO RIGHT ,,to any of that stuff. Besides being a murderer..He is indeed a thief. Anyone that will Lie, Lie, Lie, will Kill,Kill,Kill, and Steal,Steal,Steal,
'AND if he had gotten the opportunity he would have killed the man and took what he thinks belongs to him. He needs to be put out of societies misery PERIOD!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments