Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190

Jeezlouise

I can't stand Elizabeth, which is why I never watch that show, although I do like Joy Behar a lot. She's an obviously very talented comedian, and her views reflect that. She's not even pretty, she's just made up a lot. I sincerely hope all her kids are gay, that way she could actually learn from them and get off her much undeserved pedestal.

AisyDaisyLady

NICE!!! I love Barry.

People that criticize Manilow for this move those that don't understand what its like have beliefs and conviction to say: "These are my beliefs!" Elizabeth gets to stay on TV and say the most stupid, racist, ignorant stuff... and that is OK. By the same token...Manilow says "I refuse to even sit next to you." At least he is not a Hypocrite like Barbara Walters. Self respect is a bitch! Way to go Manilow!

Anyway,Hasselbeck is an idiot... who has as much credibility right now as George W. Bush!

bevh68

Go Barry!! I only wish more people would say the same and get that awful woman off the show.

Georgia Girl

2860, are you 1st generation American? I couldn't understand a word you said. Perhaps you should enroll in an English as a 2nd language course. Seriously, what exactly were you trying to say?

Georgia Girl

I bet Elisabeth is divorced 2 years from now. She is living in a 30 year's old dream world. Plus her husband is unemployed, not a good position to be in while she's sitting on the egg for their new spawn.

They are doomed. You heard it here first.

B

Cross eyed monkey faced big mouth TAKE LEAVE AND STAY AWAY! Who can blame Barry? I sure as hell would not want to be seen with her or have to listen to her or TALK to her, or AT her since she NEVER SHUTS UP!

Ted Hughes

E T just said Barry is coming out with a full line of panties. It can't be said Barry does not have balls now , to allow his name to be associated with this product line.

joyce

Good for Barry, finally someone takes a stand in regards to this out of control female with the verbal diarehea. She is an insult to all females and will not be missed while on maternity leave. I pray she will not return.

Dick C.

Who the hell is Barry Manilow? A has-been trying to get some publicity traction. I love it when has-beens take their old recordings, re-arrange them and get stupid people to actually buy the same song again.

melinda V.

I personally agree with Mr. Manilow! Elizabeth is rude, she interrupts the guests ALL of the time,(which is extremely annoying), and she seems to get upset when anyone doesn't agree with her. I thought the show was called "The View", not " Elizabeth View "

Previous 15 Comments | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190