Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

John Denver Rules

What a jerk. If he can't handle other peoples point of view he has no right preaching his own. Just like Rosie.

Mark

Barry, please, I thought discussing different ideas was what your country was all about. Pretty sad when you can't even show enough respect for opposing views. Sounds like a "Saddam" moment!

Kelly

How come you never hear about a person from the Right refusing to go on a show or speak to someone with opposite views but you always hear about people from the Left refusing to talk with certin people because they don't think like them. Hey Lefties, this is America, we are allowed to have different views can't you debate your thoughts in a reasonable manner. By refusing to speak to someone you give the impression that you know your view is flawed in some manner.

Ummmhmmm

Good for you Mr Mannilo ,I agree with you !!!

abby kadabby

Good Riddance Barry Manihasbeen! What's a matter little boy - can't take being with a woman who has an opinion!!? Go Elisabeth! People are entitled to their opinion - that's why the call it The View. She has the right to speak her view just like everyone else.

Jcase

Barry is just a Vegas showgirl...who cares!?!

ME

Your music sucks, Barry, libtard!

greg

Typical liberal. They are the first one's to cry about their first ammendemnt rights, except when it comes to a conservative having an opinion that differs from theirs. There are three other liberals on the show, can't he handle one little conservative? What a puss!

sonja

oh, barry, what a woose you are! can't stand up for your own ideals when there is a conservative with betters ones!

Dave

Barry may be a has been but he's spot on with the narrow minded Liz. Her views espouse lack of equality, intolerance and flat out prejudice. American culture would mature quicker without the likes of her.

doinou

I was a fan. I won't be any more.

Merry Christmas

I am disappointed in Barry. That doesn't say much for him if he can't be on the same stage with someone that doesn't share his views. Maybe all the ladies that don't share his views should stop buying his records and seeing his shows. Would he find that to be fair? tsk tsk Barry!

Kay

It's a real shame fans are going to miss out on seeing Barry on the View because of
Elizatwit. Maybe he can reschedule for when she's away on maternity leave. I'm sure looking forward to the day when she's gone on leave. I only wish it was permanent and not just 6 weeks. I love the addition of Whoopie and Sherri, I just block her out. I loved how Whoopie totally shot her down & shut her up one day last week. It was priceless!!!

lindsay

just because he disagrees with her views he wont go on the show. Thats a little strange. I dont agree with everyones views. Do I not talk to people. NO! Thats ok they are better off anyways.

Cheryl

Way to go Barely Man Enough!