Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

OHMYGAWD

FINALLY SOMEONE SPEAKS OUT AGAINST THAT TWIT HASSLEBITCH! AMEN BARRY! Of all people to show they have BALLS AND STAND BY THIER BELIEF'S! PEOPLE ARE WAKING UP! ABOUT DAMN TIME! I LOVE THIS COUNTRY AND IT HURTS TO SEE WHAT A MESS WE ARE IN, AS LONG AS THE SMALL MINDED KEEP FOLLOWING FAUX NEWS AND HASSLEBITCH WE WILL REMAIN IN A MESS.. WAKE UP AMERICA!GREAT JOB BARRY!!!

Maria

OH PLEASE WHY DOESN'T THIS HONKNOSED BOTOX INJECTED FREAK REALIZE THAT ITS OVER. WHO REALLY GIVES A DAMM WHAT HE THINKS. DID IT EVER OCCUR TO THIS FAT ROSIE LOVING FREAK THAT THIS IS AMERICA AND EVERYONE IS "STILL" ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN OPINIONS.

Shanny Smitty

YOU GO, MANILOW! I THINK SHE IS A FREAK! I WISH THEY WOULD FIRE HER AND GET SOMEONE WHO HAS A CLUE. SHE'S AN IDIOT. I WON'T WATCH IT JUST BECAUSE OF HER (IT WAS SHE AND ROSIE, BUT NOW SHE IS THE OFFENSIVE ONE, ALL ON HER OWN).

Joe

Isn't that whay they call it "THE VIEW" ??

Ashlea

What a jerk...seriously. I am not conservative nor am I liberal. I agree with both sides on different issues so I am not coming at this as a supporter of the right....AT ALL. I just think it is sad that this guy is pulling out of the show AND slamming EH publicly for her point of view. Isn't this country (and the show in question) supposed to reflect different VIEWS??? She can be too uptight but you don't slam people like that for their ideals. Everyone is entitled to their own.

What an arrogant ass.

kgb

Barry Manilow is such a freakin' dinosaur anyway.
What kind of idiot can't "be on the same show'"as someone whose opinions you disagree with? Get in line...
Barry, you go on a show and chat up what ever your selling.
I don't know who in their right mind is still buying Barry Manilow crap. He has sucked form day one. I am glad he will skip the VIEW.
If I was tuned in that day I would have turned HIM off for sure.

And for all you Elizabeth haters.....who cares what HER opinion is? She is entitled to it and it makes the world go 'round. If she sat there agreeing with Rosie or Whoopi or Joy...it would be an even MORE boring show.

Livia

Barry is using this as an excuse -in reality he has to enter the hospital for sphincter repair surgery.

cathrine

good choice, barry. she's ridiculously conservative and most of the time the other hosts can't be heard cause she's speaking over them.

U Know Who

Poor poor Barely Man-enough, what ever will he do...........

Cry take his ball and run home like a good little liberal crybaby...

Max Sawdust!

Jo

Elisabeth is a parrot - she has no real thoughts or ideas of her own. She only spews what she hears her talenless husband or ViewMaster say. She is offensive, rude and ignorant.
Way to go Barry - finally someone takes a stand!

NO NO NO

Way to go Barry. I support you 100%. Your assessment of Elizabeth is right on point. She is a naive little twit.

ME

Typical lib!

hello

So "lisa" - you're an idiot because you you actually will believe BS that spills out of some entertainment person's mouth over a very educated, classy & intelligent young woman like Elisabeth. YAWN. ANd Elbanito...you can't even spel Iraq. "Irak"?
wow.
Lisa - Elbanito - it's people like you in this Society that force the downward spiral this country's in faster and faster down the toilet.

grow up liberal whiney ME ME ME bratts.

barkleys beotch

grow up manny, you run like a girl, wait a minute, with all the makeup and plastic surgery you are a girl!! elizzbeth brought down that she-male rosie and she would bring you down to .pu$$y

Momplus5

Now I've heard everything! Not showing up for a show because the interviewer has different views than your own?! Doesn't that sound a little...strange..? I know after reading the other comments it seems like a lot sound like me..but think about it, Hollywood now thinks if we are conservative or republican we are different? God forbid.. we all don't think like Rosie O'Donnell or Hiliary Clinton..it's really sad that some people are sounding more communist each day.