Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

Lori

Just remember folks, these whiners are the same one that had a literal liberal FIT about people refusing to buy Dixie Chix albums. Apparently, it is NOT okay for conservatives to NOT buy music from someone they disagree with, publically embarrasing overseas on foreign soil, but it IS okay to not appear as a guest on a program for which you have been scheduled because you disagree with someone's political views. This is exactly why so many people truly believe liberals are pro-communism.

Many of them are the most INTOLERANT people you will ever meet. Susan Sarandon was on the view and Elisabeth was sooo nice to her, but Sarandon looked painfully constipated and it was apparent she could barely stand to be in the same room with Elisabeth. One has to admire the fact she was able to keep her mouth shut. Too bad Sarandon could not show the same respect for her own conservative mother...

Mary

Christ, every one knows her view on everything (I agree) so why didn't he just decline to be on the show when first asked - what an ass, he only did it today because he wants publicity.

Go away Barry.

Livia

Barry should go on Rosie O'Donut's show - oh, wait she doesn't have one so he can't even 'come on down'

sstacinator

WAY TO GO... I love everyone one the view, EXCEPT FOR HER! She never knows what she is talking. I don't blame Barry

Never inked up!

Good for you Barry! I like to see somebody take a stand against this program. I wish Lizzy was gone. She is evil. Nothing but hatred.

I'm so sick of peolpe in this country thinking that their opinions should be a law! To the gay bashers out there:

If you don't want hairy man ass in your face then DON"T!!!!!!!! Maybe if this country would actually learn to mind ITS OWN BUSINESS we all might get along better.

Do I smell a Republican in the air? Hopfully not for long!

janet

this is a great time for you barry to come out of that big closet you've been hiding in. Stick up for what you want out of life instead of hiding.

Charlotte

I disagree with Elisabeth on most everything, and I also feel she is a poor representative for her side of things. That said, it is much more despicable that someone such as Manilow and others of his ilk want to squash all opinions that are divergent of their own. I am a TRUE liberal, and as such, I feel that democracy is dependent upon different views, no matter how repulsive you may find them, being allowed to be expressed.

And "dangerous?" How absurd. I believe Mr. Manilow lives a very privileged and sheltered life is he thinks some ditsy daytime talk show host is dangerous compared with the real dangers in our world.

c

There is nothing wrong about expressing your view points, but have enough sense to know what you are talking about. She is obvously, not well read or articulate. When is the view going to get a reasonable, (late 30ish) young person who is well read and can back up what she says without looking like a buffoon?

toonces

Getting bitch-slapped by Barry Manilow... OH BURRRRNNN!!

mrsbouvier

Go Barry!!! This is the best thing you've ever done. Ignorance IS harmful and dangerous and she puts forth genuinely horrible ideas that ultimately harm everyone. I'm with ya, Barry!!!

Amy in KY

I LOVE Elizabeth! If it's ok for Rosie to be an openly gay woman who despises Bush and believes crazy conspiracy theories then it's equally ok for Elizabeth to be a heterosexual who supports Bush and she should be able to say so without being reprimanded by Barbara or shut down by Rosie and as for Barry Manilow, does anyone actually care what he thinks??!! He should have went on the show and debated her if he has a problem with her views, she would welcome that! If she can hold her own against that big mouth psycho Rosie then she can certainly stand up to this little cowardly weasal, strap on a pair, Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doglover73

Good for Barry! The View needs to be cancelled and Hasselbaaaaaaack can go on unemployment as no one will hire her...THE IDIOT!!!! I can't stand her voice and her stupid opinions!

Dave

Elizabeth prolly could help Manilow with his limp sphinxter probs...after all she talks out of her butt nonstop.

Terra

Rosie and Barry.... Gay Pride at its best!!!! Stick together!!!!!! I'm not a big fan of Elisabeth, but why is it okay for Lesbian Rosie to be a big mouth, but everyone else is "stupid". Rosie probably called Gay Barry and told him not to go on the show. Rosie and Barry should take a gay cruise together!!!!!!

Susan

Lisa: you are no different than Barry Manilow. Stupid and Ignorant! Your rants are what is the problem with this country. I guess Barry didn't think he needed "the View" to promote his new album. It's sad to think that these left wing nuts can't go on and promote their stuff without having the bash the USA and President Bush. They can't even go on an awards show without spouting their hate. I for one am sick of it.
I stopped watching the View because of Rosie's bullying tactics. Elizabeth is far from a bully. I also find it funny that so many like Barry are afraid of this one person on the View who has the only different outlook than all the other hostesses on the show. She has a right to speak her views, especially when she is outnumbered.
And you would think that at his age, any show that he could get on and tout his music, he should take. I for one, stop watching or listening to any actor or singer who takes the stage to blast on our president or our country. That's how i give back!