Barry to Elisabeth:

Your 'View' is Dangerous

9/17/2007 2:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: A source tells TMZ that it's not Barry who's writing this song -- in fact, "View" producers pulled the plug on Manilow's performance when his people demanded that he appear on the show without Elisabeth. Manilow has in fact performed on the show twice before -- both last year -- when Hasselbeck's been co-hosting.

TMZ has learned that legendary singer Barry Manilow has pulled out of his scheduled appearance on "The View" tomorrow -- because he strongly disagrees with host Elisabeth Hasselbeck's conservative view! Paging Rosie O'Donnell!

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Barry says, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her." Barry, taking a stand!

Manilow is currently on a press tour promoting the release of his new album, "Greatest Songs of the Seventies."

A network spokesman had no comment.

Whatever

He is just afraid he can not hold his own in front of her.... poor, poor sad little man.... afaid of the big bad woman on the "VIew". Boo hoo!! Why would they even want him on their show?

gabrielle Gosselin

I think goes further than views..no pun intended. Elizabeth is manipulitve and a poor role model for women in their 30's good for Barry! I think part of being a professional is learning and growing from others, if she would shut up long enough to listen to the guests and and older wiser hosts she recognize that others have important points.

the real insider

What is Hasselbecks' claim to fame other than "bitch".

Clinton

Typical Democratic tactic, censor everyone that doesn't agree with them. If he's so afraid of her opinions, then his couldn't have been worth much. His ego couldn't take the "hit" of someone disagreeing with him, - sounds like an intellectual panty-waist, to me.

FlBiker

Elisabeth gives me a chubby.

Barbara

Good for Barry.!!!!!!!! That girl is an obnoxious pain. I don't know why they keep her. If she so closely follows the conservative view, why isn't she at home with her child? Come on, Barbara, let the girl go and do everyone a favor.

Good Old Texas Boy

Let Barry go and beg for employment checks with Rosie O'Donnell. Elisabeth is the only sane person on that show.

Why is it that liberals always whine and complain about everything and not fix it like conservatives do????

Dave

Four women....one gay guy. Any wonder why he cancelled? All that estrogen is enough to castrate the butchest of men.

Marie

I LOVE IT!!!
BARRY WRITES THE SONGS THAT MAKE THE WHOLE WORLD SING!
BY HIM TAKING A STAND AGAINST ELIZABITCH more HASSLE THAN SHE'S WORTH, MAKES MY HEART SING!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GO BARRY!!!!!!!!!!
CANNOT STAND THAT 2 FACED BITCH!!! WISH THEY WOULD FIRE HER ASS!!!!!

LOOK LIKE KARMA COMING FOR YOU LIZABITCH

Parisisanidiot

What's wrong Barry? You sound just like the liberals that want to turn our country into the Communist States of America. You are fortunate enough to live in a place where people, including you, can speak their mind so what is wrong with her having an opposing view point? Maybe you should go to Iraq and fight for your own freedom, you jackass.

Les

Thats Ok, I would never buy his Albums. I beleive he is a threat to the male gender!

kgb

to # NADA
Her opinions are actually widely held views of the world. If you only get your news from the likes of Rosie O 'Donnell's blog or the New York Times you may not have read some of the other viewpoints that exist about the world, politics, religion, marriage, sex whatever....
She is actually very well read and just because you disagree with her does not mean she is wrong or dumb.
You are like a spoiled 5 year old on the play ground...
"Elizabeth says light blue is the best color..she's wrong...I like Red, so that is the best ..I'm right she's dumb! waaawaaa"

Vondutch

Great, another ridiculous opinion from another high school dropout celebrity.

Tony

You have to be joking Barry.
Do you remember Rosie.?
Now that was one scarrrrrrry bitch!

Bill

Barry Manilow doesn't like Elisabeth Hasselbeck? Wow. What a wonderful endorsement for her! If I had any of his records, I'd throw them away. I may have to watch the view more often now!

Is he married to Barbara Streisand? Now THERE's a match made in heav.... er, maybe not.